“Nice hotel ” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Marksville
Houma, Louisiana
“Nice hotel ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I stayed here last week for a conference and it was one of the better conference locations I have experienced.

The atrium room was a large, very comfortable room. It was the largest hotel bathroom I seen. Everything was modern and well cleaned.

I really appreciated the special touches of snacks, water bottles, and extra toiletries including shower gel.

I would stay here again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Lafayette, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

The resort and beautiful and well maintained. The rooms are clean and spacious (beds are comfortable). Lots of entertainment- movie theater, cafe, restaurants, indoor & outdoor pools, kids corner, casino with lots of slot machines and table games.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Hiram, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

The hotel was very nice with a great deal of amenities on property. The rooms were very clean, and the beds were nice and comfortable, providing us with great night's sleep. The alligator's in the lobby were fun to watch, with demonstrations on Saturday from a local marine biologist. Even though we do not have any children, there were several activity centers specifically geared towards children of all ages, and the indoor tropical pool was a nice relaxing place with adult only hours after 8 (sun-thurs) and after 10 (fri-sat). All in all this was a nice hotel with plenty of stuff for one to do. I'm not sure how good the hotel would be for an extended vacation, there isn't much in the area, but for the two nights we were there, it was very pleasant and relaxing.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Cypress, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Since I'm from down the street, I norrmally stay at the casino when I visit from out of state. First time I can say I had a fabalous time. From the time, I stepped out my car to my departure was wonderful. Most of the time there's an issue with my room but this time OMG!! The room was sparkling clean and the wonderful refreshing smell met me at the door. The buffet was not all that great but, I've never had an issue with the buffet. But the phone was good, just limited. There were a lot of people there for the concert so the buffet shortage was understandable. The concert was the best part of my trip. The Bar Kays, Taste of Honey and Cameo turn the casino out. Wonderful and I'm looking forward to my next visit. New management will change things. You can tell something is different there.

Room Tip: If you are wanting to relax and get some early sleep, I suggest you stay in the North or South Tower...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Opelousas, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

We stayed there over night last Wensday. The buffet was all you can eat crawfish, they were so small looked like bait. Not so much there fault but still very small, later that night we went to Roxsy's the waitress forgot about my order, cold. We asked the guy working the pool area about buying a beach ball that they had a add for , he knew nothing about it and did not seem to even look. We did go to the movies it was ok but they did not have any coke products. tHE ROOM WAS CLEAN. The staff for the most part or nice and helpful.
At 49$ a night it is a good get away we may have just went on a bad night for roxsey's
The game room need new and better games they seem old and tried, the ladies that work the game room or very nice and helpful.

Room Tip: we almost alway stay in north tower
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Fairfax, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

I was here on a business trip last month. On the plus side, the room was comfortable and had a microwave oven and a small refrigerator. Also, there were live alligators and turtles in the pond display in the main lobby. The casino was pretty large, with a lot of slots and a decent number of table games. It was kind of smoky. There were 4 restaurants to eat it. The casual restaurant had specials every night.

My room was on a non-smoking floor but I could still smell smoke from other floors. I was in the Executive Tower, which had elevators nearest to the front desk and closest to the gym on the first floor. The gym had a lot of bikes, treadmills, weights, and machines. However, it had a musty smell.

Room Tip: The executive tower had the elevator that was the closest to the front desk. Other towers were furt...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Shoreview, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

On our trip we thought we would spend the night at the Paragon Casino. Looking at the map and trying to figure out what roads to take to get there was a bit confusing. Once we reached Marksville, LA we didn't realize the casino was smack in the middle of town. The place is huge. It has all kinds of shops, fun restaurants and you get free drinks when gambling. They have a large casino floor, very nice hotel lobby along with an indoor live alligator pool. The rooms were very nice and the staff were very nice.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Paragon Casino Resort? Share your experiences!