“Great Place to Stay and Play” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2000 Cypress Bend Parkway, Many, LA 71449   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Many
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Orange, Texas
“Great Place to Stay and Play”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Rooms were great and staff was even better. Food was pretty good just a little on high side though. Quiet a peaceful. Nice golf course. Greens need some work. Maybe to early in the year for the course to recover from winter. Good prices on rooms also. We receive emails with specials on package deals. Hiking trails for you wanting some nice walks in the woods and great views of Toledo Bend Lake.

Room Tip: The suites with two queen beds and separate living room are great.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Leesville, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

I hate to be critical; however, I am committed to truthful: the rooms were nice, but no microwave available. Bed was great. Plenty of pillows. Unfortunately, the boiler went out and we had no hot water to shower the entire week end. Some patrons were relocated to condos, but I guess we were out of luck. Heating hot water in a coffee pot to shave is no fun. Staff were nice at front entrance. Attempted to have flowers delivered and the courier put into the system that staff refused delivery - this was denied. Food may have been catered for a groupl of 34 people - if this service is from the resort, they definitely need to get a new set of staff. Butter was on the table the first night with no bread. The second night, one roll was available per plate - chicken and vegetable ($30.00).. with refusal of staff for a second roll. I will return, but warn of spotty service overall. I did not play golf, but did see the course and it looks very nice.

Room Tip: Ask for bottom floor room or golf course facing room.. I was embarrassed at the food- being from Lo...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Evelyn_Pinkston, Manager at Cypress Bend Golf Resort, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Mr. Randall,

We are very regretful that the boiler went down during your stay with us. Unfortunately these things happen usually without any warning. Though as you are well aware we made our locker room facilities available to our guests for shower and other hygiene needs. We also provided rooms on the Friday night complimentary because of the inconvenience.

Thank you for your comments on the food, I will look into this further. We make every attempt to work within our clients budgetary limitations without sacrificing the quality of our food and beverage product. Thank you for comments about our staff we value them and thank they are special too.

We hope you will give us another try in the near future.
Irving, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I live in the Dallas/Fort Worth metro area and have set out on a quest to visit as many public golf courses as I can. I keep a running log of each golf course and up to this point Cypress Bend Golf Resort is one of my favorite public courses. Over the past two and a half years I have been able to visit over fifty different courses. Cypress Bend ranks at the top of my list in course layout, scenic views, and friendly staff. This is a must visit course!!!

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
MIDLANDS UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Remote lake-edge glof/spa hotel that is quite up-market.
This was a long drive inland on our Texas/Louisiana trip. We made it despite all sorts of horror weather (but not as bad as the media were suggesting).
It is however rather too-heavy-corporate. We couldn't check in until the computer finished doing something, and when we did, the room allocated had a carpark view: the place was almost empty and it would have cost nothing to allocate a lakeview room (we hadn't consciously chosen a budget option when we'd booked via a brokerage site)
Grounds do provide some nice walks.
Pool is split indoor/outdoor - probably ideal if you want an authentic sauna ice-dip experience, otherwise stick to the hot-tub.
Restaurant was OK, but with only two of us in the room the atmosphere was a bit light! Food OK.

Room Tip: Best rooms overlook the lake; lower-level rooms seem to have patio doors.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Mansfield, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

For this area, very nice place. Food in the bar was very good, the room was very comfortable and spacious. I used the spa services, the facial and massage were awesome. I believe that the spa is a bit pricey but it was great. Will stay again

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

In January, we had the pleasure of spending an extended weekend at Cypress Bend. We arrived late on a Friday evening and had a little difficulty locating the resort as it is remote and quite dark without street lighting on rural roads. So to easily find your way, I suggest an earlier arrival. The tranquility and remote nature of the resort is a perk. The huge entrance and front desk area is beautifully decorated with tasteful sitting areas and lovely furnishing.We were particularly impressed with the view as the back wall is entirely windows and glass doors allowing one to see the manicured grounds and scenic surroundings.

Our room was clean and pleasant. It is my understanding that the resort has rooms that have been updated and some rooms that haven't been completed yet.I was a bit leery as I had read several negative reviews from the past. I was delighted to discover that none of the negative comments could be supported in 2014. I appreciated the stock of coffee,coffee maker and the apartment sized refrigerator.The room was clean and well attended.The decor was nice.There was more than enough hot water and fresh towels.

On Saturday morning, I also noticed that the manager was discussing renovations with a contractor. It was clear that the resort is going through many upgrades and that the facility is being well-maintained and improved. I had contacted the manager,Tom Harwell with my concerns based upon negative reviews that I had read prior to our visit. He personally called me and assured me that I would be pleased with Cypress Bend. Upon arrival to our room, I discovered a personally handwritten note of welcome from him.He is indeed an asset to the resort, a gentleman and so thoughtful.

Unfortunately, my friend became ill the night we arrived. As a result, we didn't get to truly enjoy all of the amenities. He was so disappointed as well as truly ill. So the rest of my review is based upon my independent wanderings.

The staff was courteous and helpful. The service was excellent. Anything we needed was promptly accommodated. Since one of us was ill, we relied upon the bar menu from the Cypress Cafe' for several of our meals. It was excellent.The drinks were mixed to perfection. Everything we ordered was fresh, flavorful and delicious. The service in the Sabine Social Room (bar) was exceptional. The staff was courteous and helpful.

By Sunday, my companion was feeling well enough to go to the dining room for breakfast. We enjoyed it immensely as the food was fresh, delicious and well-presented. Later, I walked the grounds. It is serene and beautiful. I especially enjoyed the expansive back porch appointed with seating areas.We also dined for breakfast on Monday. We selected the buffet as we were soon going to leave. They were about ready to pick up the food, but we served ourselves. I preferred ordering from the menu,but the buffet was very good. If we had arrived earlier, it would have been better. The wait staff in the restaurant were attentive and courteous.

The nearest town is Toledo Town with gasoline, a few restaurants and a grocery. It was conveniently near the resort. The town of Many is about 17 miles away with several restaurants and several touted gift shopping stores. Historic Natchitoches is about 47 miles away (1 hr. drive). I must say, I mainly enjoyed relaxing at the resort. I love Natchitoches, but I preferred the serenity and beauty of the resort and the lake.

"Fishing and boating at Toledo Bend Lake is next to this resort. An 18-hole championship golf course and an 11,000 square-foot conference center are featured on site. Guest rooms at Cypress Bend Golf Resort and Conference Center are furnished with a desk and a cable TV. A refrigerator is also provided.The Spa at Cypress Bend offers massage and facial services with organic body products. After a day of golf, guests can also relax with a workout in the fitness center or soak in the pools and hot tub. A gift shop and golf pro shop is available on site.Cypress Dining Room serves American cuisine for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The Cypress Café is open on the golf course for on-the-go meals. Sabine Social Room is the resort's full-service bar.Camping and hiking at Hodges Gardens State Park is 25 miles from Cypress Bend Resort. Hart Airport is within a 20-minute drive of the property." Priceline description"

Hat's off to the excellent staff and manager, Tom Harwell. I hope to return this spring to truly enjoy the resort. It was well worth the drive from north of Dallas, for myself, and from New Orleans for my friend!
Pamela Grannell

Room Tip: We asked for a balcony room after we were first given a regular room. I liked the sitting area with...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Johnstown, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

We were back again for my Father in laws 100th birthday, we usually stay twice a year, this time more family member's stayed there too. Great staff & really great food.
We met family members in the Restaurant & Lounge had a great time. We plan on being back for the family reunion in August. We really don't mind the extra miles to get to family 25 m each way but it's worth it to be staying in such a lovely place. We have had problems in the past but were taken care of. I think that happens at every Hotel. My husband & I both worked in hotels in Las Vegas, Nv. 25/30 yrs. him Engineering me front desk, room reservations & Casino Functions.
We are thankful that this hotel is close to family in Ebarb. We come in from Colorado now.
Thanks so much, Dennis & Sharon Ebarb

Room Tip: Be very careful of the Deer! Very Beautiful!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Been to Cypress Bend Golf Resort? Share your experiences!