“Golf course in terrible shape.” 1 of 5 stars

You added Cypress Bend Golf Resort to your Saves list
Cypress Bend Golf Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2000 Cypress Bend Parkway, Many, LA 71449   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Many
“Golf course in terrible shape.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Even before tee off the experience started off bad. Customer service was offensive. Just a lack of accommodation all around. It was more just...yep give us your money and hurry up and tee off. Not to mention we traveled hundreds miles to get there. Next, the price....76 dollars for this course is so disrespectful to the sport of golf. The condition was the worst I've seen there, yet they still charge premium prices. The same weekend I went to Rayburn country. Cheaper, staff goes out of their way to make you feel welcomed, and the course is 10 times better condition than cypress. Save your money and do not go to cypress bend to golf. Go to Rayburn Country.

• Stayed July 2013
BradleyAnderholm, Owner at Cypress Bend Golf Resort, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
We do apologize for the Customer Service you received at our Golf Pro Shop. Ken Rams
our Director of Golf prides himself in his staff deliverying top notch service to each customer, but obviously in your case we did not deliver. Please accept our apology.

I am sorry our course did not meet your expectations, and would like you to be my guest on your next visit to our area, Please contact me when you visit this area again.

Bradley Carl Anderholm

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

We were on vacation and looking for a nice course. We usually place at least one round while on vacation. It's always fun to try new courses and see the country side. My husband did some research and found this place. We were very disappointed with the course conditions and felt like a discount should have been issued during "renovations." The layout was very challenging and the view aka shore line was beautiful but I can't say the same for the course. For $70, I expected a lot better. We can play for $40 for a round of golf on a much nicer course in Kansas. I would not reccommend this course.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
BradleyAnderholm, Owner at Cypress Bend Golf Resort, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to comment on our Golf Course.

I regret that our course improvements prevented you from having the experience you were looking for.

Should you return to our area please contact me directly, as I will make certain you are taken care of.

Many, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I live in Many, LA and am ashamed to say, have not spent much time at Cypress Bend Golf Resort. I don't golf so why would I? Why, indeed!!?? I had no idea what I've been missing out on! I decided to treat my son and his family (they live in Baton Rouge) to a four night stay at the 2 bdrm Golf Villa this 4th of July and they are having the best time! As for me, I now feel like "one of the family" that is the Cypress Bend family! Ms. Deborah, who helped with the reservations went above and beyond her call of duty. She is fantastic, a real gem!! Every staff member I dealt with was amazing they went out of their way for all of us! We spent the 4th at the resort cookout and couldn't have asked for better food, better service or better anything, we all had the best time! THE SPA!!!! Before the cookout I treated myself and my niece to a "Hot Stone Therapy Massage" OMG!!!! Joyce, the lady who set up our sessions was wonderful, very helpful, very nice, just a pleasure to work with! My niece's therapist was Devon (not sure if spelling is right) and my niece went on and on about what a GREAT experience she had with her!! My therapist was Rose, and all I can say is WOW she is truly an Amazing Person and one of the Best Massage therapist I have EVER had!!!! Hopefully I will become a regular at the Spa! Thank you so much to all of you at Cypress Bend Resort for everything you did to make this "THE BEST 4TH EVER"!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
BradleyAnderholm, Owner at Cypress Bend Golf Resort, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Julie:

Thank you for your kind words about our employees, they work very hard to ensure our guests have a wonderful experience.

July 4th is a great time to visit Cypress Bend Resort, and we hope you will make it an annual event with your family.

We look forward to seeing you in our SPA in the near future, Joice and her TEAM will always be there with a warm smile, to take care of your every desire.

Don’t be a stranger now that you have discovered us.

Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

The Cypress Bend Golf Resort is one of the most beautiful & peaceful places you can go to. The Hotel is beautiful & comfortable with a wonderful staff. The Golf Course was amazing. The layout is fantastic, the greens & fairways are kept up perfectly. The scenery was breath taking.
We will be going back.

Room Tip: Request 3rd floor with a balcony overlooking the golf course.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
BradleyAnderholm, Owner at Cypress Bend Golf Resort, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Dear Caroline:

Thank You for yoour kind comments.

Our Golf Course Maintenance TEAM work very hard to keep our course in tip top shape.

We are in the midst of some renovations to the course, which should be completed by the end of
July.

We look forward to your retuirn to our Resort in the near future.

New Iberia, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We love this Resort!!! We will definately return!!! Can't wait to bring our children here, they will
love this place as much as we do. The hotel room was Great!!! The food was delicious!!! The views are breathtaking!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
BradleyAnderholm, Owner at Cypress Bend Golf Resort, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Marjorie:

We look forward to your next trip when you bring the children.

Glad to know you had such a wonderful time. Our staff work tirelessly to try and make every guests experience as wonderful as yours.

Thank you for your kind words.

Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Our family had a family reunion scheduled for Fathers Day weekend that had been planned for the last six months. We were scheduled to stay at Wildwood Resort near Many for 3 nights and had rented several cabins. On the morning of Thursday, June 13 my daughter and my dad went over to make sure everything was in order for our check in there. Upon arrival they found that NONE of the 4 swimming pools advertised were in working order. As we had at least 15 kids in our group, and temperatures hovering around 95 degrees we knew that this was a disaster in the making. My daughter contacted Cypress Bend and Deborah in their reservation office stated they would do everything in their power to accomodate our group. To make a long story short, we were able to cancel our reservation at Wildwood and move our reunion to Cypress Bend with accomodations for all. Every person there from housekeeping, to the golf pro shop, to catering, made this event absolutely the best reunion ever!!! Five stars !!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Golf Villas which had a living area and full kitchen attached. Great accomodations...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Deb:

Thank you for your kind words about our TEAM at Cypress Bend Resort. Deborah in reservations is a real GEM and we are glad she was able to meet all of your needs.

We hope to see you next year when your family gathers for your next reunion.

Marshall, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We booked our company party at cypress bend. They did an outstanding job setting up for us. They had several activities set up, horseshoe tournament, volleyball, bounce house and water slide for the kids, etc.. We catered several meals and all were great. The hotel rooms were nice and clean. We had golf tournament and the course is outstanding. The quality of the service is what really stands out, all of the staff was friendly and very helpful. It was evident they put alot of effort into making this party exactly what we had requested.

Room Tip: Rooms that open to the back porch have a great view.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
BradleyAnderholm, Owner at Cypress Bend Golf Resort, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Lee:

Thank you for recognizing the great employees at Cypress Bend Resort, they all worked very hard to make your company's family get-a-way as special as it could be.

The perfect weather also was great top have.

We look forward to having you visit us next year.

Bradley Carl Anderholm

Been to Cypress Bend Golf Resort? Share your experiences!