“I agree this is the nicest place in Marksville” 5 of 5 stars

Weekend Getaway Deal
Ranked #1 of 3 Mansura B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New Orleans, LA
“I agree this is the nicest place in Marksville”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

This is a very new hotel -- opened in 2011. It is not a full service hotel (restaurant, etc.) as you might see in a larger city, obviously, but it is one of the better Hampton Inns I have seen. The place looks new. The rooms are all in very good shape -- with nice new TV's, etc. The staff is also pleasant and helpful -- giving us directions, etc. We were not there to visit the casino at all, but instead were there to visit family, so this was perfect for us. I have not stayed at the casino hotel; if that is the focus of your trip to Marksville, it may make sense to stay there, as this is perhaps a walk of a couple of blocks distance, or a ride of a few of minutes, from the casino (that's an estimate; we didn't go to the casino at all). For all other purposes visiting the area, this hotel is your obvious choice.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

Usually when I stay at a hotel, there are one or two things I do not like. But not this Hampton. It was totally awesome. The room, the bed, the shower in the bathroom, the breakfast, the manager's reception, the attention to detail, the staff, whatever you are looking for, you will find is top notch at this hotel. It is new and very modern and yet comfortable also. I came in for a meeting that was being held at the Paragon, and decided to stay here. (You cannot stay at Paragon if you are a nonsmoker). I would rate this hotel an A+ in every category mentioned. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Hot Springs, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

My family and I had reservations at the Paragon Casino Resort while in Marksville visiting family. We checked in and checked right back out less than an hour later. The service was extremely rude, the rooms were filthy and parking lot security was nonexistent. We left the Resort and went across the street to the Hampton Inn and had a WONDERFUL stay. The staff was exceptional, the entire hotel was very clean, the room was much nicer and breakfast was excellent. We will be staying at the Hampton Inn on all of our trips to Marksville.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Metairie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

I stayed at this hotel rather than the casino hotel, where my seminar was held. Mainly because it was non smoking. Once I got there, I was so thrilled, I had chosen it. The room was huge and comfortable, and so quiet. The bathroom was to die for. I loved the walk in shower. The breakfast was delicious,with both healthy and sinful options.

I cannot say enough good things about the staff. They were pleasant and always anxious to please. They either drove me to my seminar, or called the casino shuttle to bring me when theirs wasn't available. They recommended restaurants, bird watching locations, and places to visit on a future stay with the family.

The pool was delightful. So clean! I very rarely swim in outdoor pools at hotels because they are usually dirty, but this one was sparkling!

The hotel was very family friendly, and I was surprised to see so many families there, as I could not hear children running up and down the halls or playing in neighboring rooms. I got a great night's sleep every night!

I will definitely return here, with my family, for weekend getaways before school is back in session.

Thank you again to the Hampton and all their staff for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

The manager, Dottie, along with her staff were very pleasant and polite. I made a change to my reservation at the last moment and their took care of it. The pool area and workout room is great. The breakfast was fantastic. I am encouraging my family to stay there in 3 yrs for our next family reunion. Good work Dottie!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Marksville? Share your experiences!