“Way way overrated and uninspired food.” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 133 Restaurants in Mandeville
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Very nice neighborhood restaurant. Nice Italian dishes and excellent service.
“Way way overrated and uninspired food.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

I'll never understand what the appeal of this place is. This is not Italian food. If you're looking for real Italian food in this area you should go to Gio's Villa Vancheri.

This is more like someone stole their grandmothers recepie notebook full of greasy cheesy casserole dishes and opened up a restaurant.

The service is also lacking which adds to the dissapontment. We ate here for lunch and it took well over an hour to get our food, which is hard to understand since I'm almost positive they're just sticking pre-made individual casserole style portions of food into a microwave and reheating.

I also found it I be very very pricey for what you get. Unless you like uninspired cheesy greasy food that takes a real long time to get I would skip this one permanently.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Mandeville, Louisiana
“Took 90 minutes for food to be served”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

We were a party of 5 arriving around 6:15 trying to miss the Saturday night dinner crowd. The food is standard Italian, nothing special but ok. The waitress was very nice and attentive. However it took 90 minutes for our food to be served after we ordered. We kept being assured that the food was coming but I finally went to the front desk to ask for the owner. The owner, while not rude, certainly did not go out of her way to be accomodating or apologetic basically saying sorry but they take the orders as they come. No further explanation; that's just the way it was. There was no offer of discount on the meal, no offer of free dessert or coffee, the owner never came by our table; in short, Bosco's did nothing to make you feel they really cared about the poor service or cared whether or not you came back. Overall a very poor experience and one that I would not recommend at all.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Love it!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

They have the best muffaletta anywhere in the area--best I've ever had! Their portions are big enough (not huge, but a good amount for the price), & the food is really tasty! The baked oysters are amazing, too!

Visited April 2012
Covington, Louisiana
“Best Italian food in the area.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

This is an old and cozy restaurant. The portions are large. Pasta is excellent and very reasonable priced. You can have a good meal with wine for $30. This is a bargain for what you get.

Visited May 2012
“Pre-Mother's Day dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

We went to Bosco's on Friday night for dinner with my husband, his parents and our youngest daughter (16). The service was attentive and quick. The food, as usual, was delicious and generous! My husband and I split the chicken parmesan, and STILL took some home. My in-laws had the baked tortellini appetizer for their main course, and were stuffed! The bread basket was kept filled with warm, crispy french bread, and the prices were in line with an upper-scale italian restaurant. The only hitch was we ordered a baked tortellini to go for our other daughter, and apparently it hit the kitchen at just the 'wrong' time, so that took a while. But otherwise, no complaints!

• Visited May 2012