“over priced, not overwhelmed” 3 of 5 stars

(985) 308-0712
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Seafood
New Orleans, Louisiana
“over priced, not overwhelmed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Was very disappointed at the prices for simple things like hamburgers and appetizers for Luling. Food was average. Very underwhelmed.

Visited July 2012

Naperville
“Shrimp & Catfish PoBoy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Shrimp & Catfish PoBoy, sweet potatoe fries.

I have been here multiple times for lunch. Always clean, always fresh food for a good value, always friendly, good service. A rush starts about 11:15 so plan accordingly. Casual and comfortable.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
new orleans
“grilled butterfly shrimp---YUM!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Great Value for steaks and butterfly shrimp in the garlic butter is heavenly w/ Texas Toast to dip. Grilled veggies are spiced nicely. We like to sit at the bar. Drinks are generous and priced nice! Perfect local place for date nite mid week with pretty fish tank/ music/ sports bar theme.

Visited August 2012
Oregon
“Nice atmosphere, decent food, poor customer service....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

I was invited to the Sailfish for a steak by a co-worker and was delighted when I walked through the door. The decor and atmosphere are really nice. We sat at the end of the bar, ordered our meals and a beer and engaged in conversation while we waited for our food.

Shortly, the owner came and sat at the bar next to us and immediately began barking orders to his kitchen staff who took turns coming to the door and timidly answering his questions regarding food quality and the like. We found this to be quite annoying but apparently is a common occurrence.

When our food arrived I found my ribeye to be cooked medium-well instead of rare as I had ordered. I never send my food back so I remained silent and began eating my meal. After a few bites the bartender asked me how my steak was cooked and I told her it was overdone. She looked at the owner and he shrugged his shoulders and said "it must have gotten switched with somebody else's". No apology, no "can I make it right" just a shrug.

I ate my meal, paid my bill, left a 20% tip and walked out the door.

Several days later I ran into the owner at another establishment in town. I remained quiet even after he was invited to join our table by a local couple I was sitting with. He introduced himself to me and started telling me about "his" restaurant. I finally asked him if he could take some constructive criticism which he acquiesced to. After reciting my experience he apologized and said "Well, I had a black cook that evening and everyone knows that blacks overcook their food."
I was literally speechless for a moment then accused him of being a racist....which he denied. He claimed that he was stating a fact. Wow!!!

He offered several times to make things up to me and requested me to come back and order anything on the menu free of charge. I figured he had the opportunity to make it up to me the night he just shrugged his shoulders. I will never return to The Sailfish.

My recommendation? Patronize Zydeco's just down the road. Good food and great service.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Houma, Louisiana
“Delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

My husband ate here for work and drove me all the way there soon after to prove how delicious the food was! He was right! YUMMY.