“Real gem /diamond in the rough” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Luling
Irving, United States
“Real gem /diamond in the rough”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I was lucky to find this hotel on a last minute trip to New Orleans saint’s game weekend. I under estimate the hotel from the internet pictures and was just looking for a bed. To my surprise the rooms were updated and very clean. I will stay at this hotel again when I in town.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
HOUSTON
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

although lower in price than the hotels close to the airport or New Orleans (it is 15 miles south of Kenner), this hotel isn't worth it. It is clean but shabby, dark and lacks outlets in the guest rooms (have to charge in the bathroom). The staff overcharged and had to be told of the email confirmation to honor rates. The breakfast was poorly stocked and they ran out of food 8:20 am. And do not drink the coffee.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bestwesternlulingla, Webmaster at BEST WESTERN River Region Inn, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Dear Guest,

We apologize for falling short of your expectations. Our goal is to provide a clean, pleasant room, great service and the amenities you expect. We’re glad to hear that the billing error was quickly corrected, and we’re sorry the room wasn’t to your liking. If you had notified us at the time, we might have had an alternate room for you. In any case, we apologize for any inconvenience and hope you’ll give us another try.

Hotel Manager.
Shreveport, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

nice large room with big comfortable bed, great shower. the ac wasn't very good, excellent staff very helpful courteous and professional fairly decent breakfast, parking in the rear is very tight for larger vehicles i.e.. pick ups and larger SUV's, Ms Patel is great at the front desk, very close to highway however very quiet

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

The hotel has always been clean and welcoming, however they have made great strides of late to improve the quality of appearance and technology in the rooms. Nicer tv's, chairs, furniture. When working West of New Orleans I will always consider staying at the Best Western in Luling.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Room key did not work and could not be replaced. Manager had to let me into the room with her master key. Room definitely needs to be renovated since it is very dated. The location was appeared to be near the airport, but turned out to be much further. This was intended to be just a place to sleep, which was fine. I wish I would have chosen a different hotel closer to the airport.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Best_Western_RRI, Manager at BEST WESTERN River Region Inn, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
We apologize for any inconveniences you had during your stay. We would also like to thank you for your feed back. We value our guest opinions as our goal is to make each guest as comfortable as possible during their stay.
Lake Mary, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Stayed here about four weeks on business. It was clean, quiet, well run, pleasant, with a cheerful, helpfull staff. Wash and fold laundry service available at the desk. Good breakfast, daily paper. Not brand new, but clean and well maintained. 24 hr diner and convenience store next door. Walmart and fast food, plus a few local restaurants right nearby. Close enough to New Orleans to be convenient; far enough away to be quiet and inexpensive.

Room Tip: Rear side will spare you the highway and RR noise, but neither are a big problem anyway.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Macon, GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011

Apart from the constant noise from the road out front, which is not an arterial roadway, the staff did not follow up on a check in request... which was to charge out on a different c-card. The morning of my checkout I had curious cleaning staff looking in through the curtained windows trying to see if I was still inside (approx. 3 Hrs before checkout time!!!) The front desk staff were friendly enough, but did not act on my request (which they stated was - not a problem!)... I usually stay at another brand of hotel, though decided to try Best Western seeing as though it had been quite some time since I last used their services. This experience was enough for me to make it another few years before I would be willing to use them again. I'm a reasonably frequent user of hotels across the country and through this experience, will choose the other brand - as they actually invest in remodeling their accommodations and extra client services.... sorry BW, you lose out this time, especially on this particular hotel. When I stay at your hotels for business, I EXPECT a good, sound night's sleep in readiness for my business activities on the following day - this time round, I woke up more tired than when I put my head down to sleep.... not good any way you want to look at it!

Room Tip: Stay away from the front of the hotel !!!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to comment on our hotel. Since your stay, most of our staff has changed, and we have a renewed commitment to providing the highest possible level of customer service. I’m very sorry you found the room noisy, but this isn’t a common complaint at all. In any case, we apologize for not meeting your expectations and hope you will stay with us again and see how we’ve changed and improved.

Hotel Manager.

Been to BEST WESTERN River Region Inn? Share your experiences!