“Great food, friendly staff, even had our Wedding Breakfast here!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 restaurants in Lychpit
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
Hampshire
“Great food, friendly staff, even had our Wedding Breakfast here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I just wanted to review this restaurant because I've been many times over the last few years and I have never had a bad meal, have always experienced friendly staff and good quality food which is the absolute opposite opinion from the last reviewer! I accept that we all have our own opinions and experiences and mine have always been positive. In fact, my husband and I just went there today for lunch which was as usual tasty and good value. And the place is nice and clean (including the ladies!) which is always plus in my book!
The restaurant is housed in a beautiful old stone building which I believe could have originally been a barn and is set in a pretty courtyard which is a lovely surprise as the approach is through a modern housing estate. Ideal for photo's though which was great when we chose Kwai2 as the venue for our wedding breakfast last year - yes that's how much we, our friends, children and family like it there!!
My husband, his daughter and several of our friends have visited Thailand and they all very much enjoy the flavours and freshness of the food at Kwai 2. Try the Gang Panang curry. Yum! There is a great choice on their menu and the Pad Thai noodles are amazing.
Well done to all at the restaurant, it's a great place to eat!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

75% Recommend
Reading, United Kingdom
“Cold, Candle Heated, Low quality garbage !!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

So I've just been to Kwai 2's last Friday of the month buffet. £9.95 to eat all you want - that should have been a worry to start with as that price suggests it wasn't going to be great. Well there were 4 main dishes and some rice and noodles on offer and that was it. So first off I'm a little disappointed there wasn't more to choose from. So I put together a plateful and got back to my seat and everything (and I mean everything) was stone cold. It's probably because the trays the food is left out in are only heated from below with a little bunsen burner thing. The meat was also horrible !! Overall I would rather chew a cow pat than go there again. Simply awful !!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Old Basing
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Kwai 2 hosted my birthday party for me last week. With 96 guests to feed from the a la carte menu I thought this might present a few challenges. I couldn't have been more wrong. I had 96 happy, well fed guests and not one complaint. The food was first rate, the service friendly and efficient. I will be back, hopefully for many years to come.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, England, United Kingdom
“The best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I can't believe some people are criticising Kwai2 so heavily. It is easily one of the best restaurants in Basingstoke. Great food and the staff have always been friendly on my visits.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Farnham, United Kingdom
“No thanks”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

When a few weeks ago had a green curry, i've been all over thailand and well it tasted nothing like a green curry,

They need to go to thailand and learn how to cook,

People that say there food is nice must have never been to thailand,

Place also looks cheap and nasty with paper napkins,

• Visited December 2012