Trout Point Lodge is a beautiful, log lodge in an incredibly lovely setting. One marvels that so much money has been spent to erect such a facility.
However, evidence of decadence is beginning to show, in my opinion. Whatever there was of a garden is a weed patch and the cobble stones are almost sunken out of sight. The stones in the front of the lodge are large and loose and difficult to navigate.
Three foreign young people (who were very sweet) (France and Italy, I think) work there, and it was very difficult to understand what they said. The owners are visiting/living in Spain.
The food was miserable -- practically no fresh fruit or vegetables -- "Tropicana" type orange juice, store-purchased bread, and very bitter coffee. It is a laid-on menu with two dessert choices.
Sample of a 5-course meal for one: bean soup, lettuce/tomato salad (very short on tomato), some sort of Southern Bean sauce over frozen breaded fish, several-day old cheesecake with 7 (seven) blueberries and sprinkled with sifted icing sugar, bitter coffee. There was a basket with (I think) ONE whole wheat roll in slices for SIX of us. There were four very small pats of butter.
On top of advertised room prices, which are steep, there is the usual tax PLUS an 18% "Service fee". Two nights with 2 breakfasts and 2 "dinners" came to $1100.00 for my husband and me.
We felt "ripped off." We have stayed in two other Nova Scotia "wilderness" facilities, where we felt well served. This beautiful spot is miserably managed. Take care!
- Also Known As:
- Trout Point Lodge Of Nova Scotia Hotel
- Trout Point Lodge Of Nova Scotia Hotel Kemptville
- Trout Point Lodge
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A member of Small Luxury Hotels of the World in Atlantic Canada's largest wilderness area, the lodge offers unpretentious gourmet dining, spacious guests rooms, cottages, and outdoor recreation including canoeing, river swimming, star-gazing, kayaking, and hiking. Guides available. Trout Point Lodge is rated 5 stars by Canada Select. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Trout Point Lodge of Nova Scotia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.