“Good food” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Vincennes, Indiana
“Good food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

I had the shrimp Etouffee and it was delicious. Was upset they were out of crawfish considering its located in the heart of crawfish country and really wanted people in my group of northerners to try that southern dish. Waitress was rather dull and treated us like we were an inconvenience to her. Don't let the service keep you from going though, as the view of Lake Ponchartrain is worth it.

Visited April 2014

Arlington, Texas, United States
“Great Food on the Lake”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Nicely decorated, great views of the lake. Plenty of room. Our server was very friendly. Food was great. A lot of different options. If you are staying in La Place or have some time to go there I would. It's a wonderful place to eat.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Laplace, Louisiana, United States
“Beautiful Place, too Bad the food is so average!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

Had a big family meal there last night, the food was not that great. Had a seafood platter, and everything was very bland. My Cousin had the Barbecue Shrimp, and even though they were big, they were very hard & they were soaked in Worcester sauce. They did not taste very good at all. The ambiance is beautiful, but most of the food cooked is not very tasty! No one ever asked me or anyone at our table as far as I saw to refill our drinks.

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Louisiana
“Lake view, delectable seafood harvested within a few miles”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

They are closed Mondays, but I am still glad I drove to the lakeside Monday. My disappointment was short-lived. The view was spectacular. Lake Ponchatrain is so vast, it is like by the ocean. I resolved to return to watch the entire sunset while dining Tuesday. The drive in and out has whimiscal swamp scenes on both sides of the narrow drive, as if just a slight rain would cover the road. Tuesday had another fleeting disappointment, it was completely fogged in, but since I'd been there Monday, i wasn't too discouraged. The menu was difficult; but only due to so many good choices. I asked the server what her favorite is; she had suggestions. When I ordered the seafood omlette, but with only one choice of seafood, she said she loved the combination of all three, crawfish, crab, and shrimp. I was hesitant, but the look on her face convinced me. Oh so good; every bite was so delightful I just put my fork down and savored each bite. The crunchy green beans were perfect; and the mashed potatoes had a puddle of butter to dip the seafood.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cherokee Village, Arkansas
“Beautiful View and Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

WE wont miss staying in NOLA if we cant get a room cause of this hidden gem on Lake Ponchatrain. We visited earlier to see if we would need reservations and the great staff said they would work us in if necessary. No problems. Took pictures of the sunset and moon rise from their porch. Good drinks. Yummy Barbequed oysters! And I had my usual shrimp Po Boy which was full of lightly battered tasty shrimp. We enjoyed watching the guy shuck oysters in the separate Oyster Bar that had a one man music show that was fun! Stop for lunch on your way to NOLA or even make a special trip the food and view are worth it. Attentive wait staff also.

• Visited February 2014