“Nice Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in LaPlace
LaPlace, Louisiana
“Nice Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2010

Hotel is in good condition. Loved our stay. Will recommend to other people.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

Stayed here in October 2010. Efficient front desk staff, moved us from a next-to-elevator-room on request. Some problems with the WiFi (my fault) but eventually resolved with the ISP "HospitalityWiFi". Some commotion in the hallway ~1:30am -- turned out it was a wedding party, not the hotel's issue per se, but too bad it disturbed us. I generally try to set up the A/C unit so the fan is always running, masking any hotel noise, but I was unable to do it in this hotel.
Good breakfast, standard HI Express fare.

Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Cheyenne, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

This hotel seemed new and was very nice. The outside pool was clean and refreshing, the room we had was large enough to move about and very clean. I will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2009

friendly and courteous staff always smiling, very helpful!
very trendy and stylish rooms, tall, plush,comfy beds (i want one)
very quiet, breakfast was varied each morning, and was good.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Selfkant
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2009

Stayed here for almost a week, La Place is right between New Orleans and Baton Rouge, very close to many historic plantation homes. Hotel is a bit set back from the main road (missed the sign at first...). Almost brand new, very modern, fancy shower, flat screen TV etc. complimentary breakfast by very friendly and attentive staff. Just for us one major drawback - it is not very soundproof - you will hear lots of the other rooms around and above you (we had one with a lot of , ahm "movement" above). Maybe ask for a top floor room.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
HIXLaPlace, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites La Place, responded to this review, June 9, 2009
Good Afternoon! I would like to thank you for taking time out to provide feedback regarding your recent stay at my wonderful new hotel! The noise complaint is unusual and if you could provide further feedback to us as far as the room number you were in, it would be most beneficial. I can be reached via e-mail: rachael.burns@cajunlodging.com or by phone: 985-618-1600. Again, I thank you for yoru feedback and hope to see you again...Rachael
Pensacola Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2009

This was our trip to New Orleans for Mardi Gras 09, so basically any room near the French Quarter was either sold out or cost a million dollars, so I had to look for a hotel farther away from the city center. I booked directly thru the hotels site and got a great deal for only $99 a night for 2 days Feb 21-23rd, it was a Standard rate room, so basically I didnt know what kind of room it would be. The hotel is right off of I-10 Ext 209 about a 20-25 minute(depending on how bad the traffic was from downtown New Orleans) about a 10-15 minute drive from the International airport, and very convenient to fast food places, gas stations, Wendys is right by the parking lot, walking distance to Waffle House, Shoneys, McDonalds. Check in was very friendly and quick, GREAT customer service. The lobby is decorated really nice (see pics) and the hotel is quite new, not even 6 months old.. Hotel has free parking and I believe there are shuttles to and from the airport. Once inside, I was amazed at how nice our room was, it was a very modern looking 1 king bed executive suite with a queen size sofa bed, full fridge, microwave kitchen area, bathroom was gorgeous and the shower was wonderful, it had a great massage feature that we finally figured out on our last day there.. beds huge and comfy, flat screen tv, all bathroom toiletries.. it was just the best. There is a FREE hot breakfast which was nice, and not just the average continental free brkfst, but it also included scrambled eggs, hardboiled egges, sausages, breads, fruits, coffee, juices, cinammon rolls, cereals which was nice to start the day. There is a laundry room, a free gym (small though, 2 treadmills and some weights) and a swimming pool. Free internet service and free Wi-Fi, free paper.. I really dont have one negative thing to say about this place, except of course I wish it were closer to the French Quarter, but hey, in my opinion it was perfect, I think its the first time ever Ive give a hotel on here 5 stars, and Ive stayed in more expensive hotels.....and to add the cherry on the top, we were schedule to check out the morning of the 23rd because my boyfriend had to catch his flight back home, to make a long story short, we ended up having to stay in New Orleans an extra night, with no hotel, so we called back to the front desk to explain the situation and without hesitation the front desk clerk said we could come back, get a room AND still get it for the same rate I had the previous night...now thats great customer service. I will definately recommend this hotel to anyone and I will definately stay here again... Wonderful!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
I would like to thank you for the wonderful review you gave us! It warms me to know that we not only met your expectations, but far exceeded them. Thank you also for the pics!

I hope to see you again...Rachael
Houston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2009

Making the reservations to the hotel was very stressful. The first person I got spoke only french, no English at all. The second person got confused on how to spell my last name, the third person got everything right.

Parking was free which was a plus, however the lobby smelled like someone just filled the room with bleach and then opened the doors to let the bleach out. The person running the front desk gave us like four keys, and only bother to show us which one was the room key and didn't tell us what the others were for.

The room smelled like expired milk. The coffee maker had old coffee still in it. The beds were nice and comfy, however the cover was really itchy. The A/C worked a little too well, woke up and we were freezing and we couldn't get the A/C to turn off.

The TV reception was ok, had the kid channels which was good for us because my grandson was with us. Phone was ok, couldn't make any calls off the property from but eh.

• Liked — The overall comfort of the beds
  • Disliked — The smell
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites La Place? Share your experiences!