“Lake Charles 2 night stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn

Save Saved
You added Americas Best Value Inn to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   921 Martin Luther King (US Hwy 171 N), Lake Charles, LA 70601 (Formerly Econo Lodge Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #16 of 28 Hotels in Lake Charles
Shreveport, Louisiana
“Lake Charles 2 night stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We stayed here while doing the Creole Nature Trail. Hotel is right off the interstate and had several fast food rest, conveniece stores & Walmart on the main street. Nice king bed with a sofa sleeper. Fridge/micro and flat screen TV. Only negative was no in room coffee. Paid less than $50 a night with coupon from the tourist bureau and the free breakfast had coffee, juice, cereal and milk, danish, oatmeal, grits and 2 kinds of pancakes, and toast. Good way to start the day and man at the front desk was very nice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
lakecharlesabvi, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Regards, Manager...

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
hillcountry
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Big mistake. If you're a hitchhiker kicked off the freeway and have $65 this is the place for you. The dirtiest, darkest, must disgusting carpeting I've ever seen. I sneezed for 2 days afterward. The absolute worst primitive Medieval "free" breakfast you can imagine. Truly, if you want to spend 8-9 hours in a 3rd world country this is the place for you.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
lakecharlesabvi, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your visit, we welcome both positive and negative feedback in order for us to continually improve as we aim to offer the best level of service possible. We obviously failed in a key area for your stay, namely the cleanliness. This is very disappointing, and I offer my sincerest apologies.
Port A
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Stopped here on a Saturday night while traveling through. The man at the desk was very nice and the room was very nice. The room was clean and towels were clean. I even got a lesson on history from the desk clerk on how Contraband Days was celebrated and why. Everything was good about the stay here except the 9 AM knock on the door from housekeeping asking if and when we would be checking out. What's up with that? Couldn't they have waited until they saw the room empty or at least until check out time? We didn't like the disturbance.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your positive feedback, we are delighted that your stay was enjoyable, and we do hope to be of service to you again in the future.
Kind Regards Manager...
IRVING
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Please DO NOT STAY here!! I can not tell you how much I blame myself to have my family staying in this horrible,nasty place! It's probably the dirtiest hotel I ever stayed in my whole life. We couldnt cancell it because it was prepaid online, but I definetely NEVER stay here or st sny of these chain hotels on my life. It wasnt cheap, so we tought it was going to be pk for a one night stay, but it ended it up in a nightmare.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

We are retired and traveling the U.S. by car. The coupon rate was $44.99 plus tax which came out to $51.96 for a couple with a King bed. The outside property is well maintained with good landscaping, palm trees, and fence surrounding the entire property. From the outside it made a good impression. The room was marginally clean but needed work. This property is run on shoe string budget. Even the bulbs in the room were of the lowest wattage to provide a dim glow overall. The microwave did not work and was replaced with another from a different room immediately. The bathroom was barely clean, water stains in the toilet. The sink had low water pressure. The shower water pressure was good but took many minutes to get hot water. We were ready to call the front desk when the hot water finally arrived. Only a few towels were provided. The King bed was comfortable, the A/C worked well. In the morning we found a few dead roaches on the floor. Morning breakfast was almost non-existent. We passed on the very few little item available and purchased coffee and food down the road. We know that $44.99 was a rock bottom rate and you get what you pay for, but we have stayed at other America's Best properties and they were better managed. Too bad, the management of the property could not have been nicer to us, but we have to report the facts as we see them. We will pass on this property next time around and choose a nearby facility for a few dollars more. It is unusual to see a well maintained property on the outside and a poor maintained room on the inside.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Wills Point, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

We stopped in Lake Charles 4-16-12 on road trip to Holly Beach - Mini was the night time clerk and was so sweet - she was very helpful w/advice and directions to places to eat. The room was very clean - my mom (82) is kinda picky about the bathrooms and she usually ask me to see the room first, so I was surprised when Mini asked me if I would like to see the room - I have never been asked that and when I do - some have not looked at me very nicely. Anyway, the bathroom is very clean w/plenty of towels, toiletries. A/C was cold (once again, my mom takes a heating pad when we road trip and i take a fan, which was not needed this time.) Beds were comfy - not hard - and had tv, clock, usual things. Even though it is busy around there - you don't hear the noise. I'm sorry I don't remember the morning man's name - he was very helpful too - since we were in Lake Charles - we decided to actually see the lake and he gave great directions to the beach. The continental breakfast was ok - but I did get there when they were shutting it down - all hotels should keep the breakfast going until 10:30 - some of us - if not in a hurry like to take a little while to get going. My mom and I will stay here again if we are in Lake Charles.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
lakecharlesabvi, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, May 9, 2012
Dear Guest, Thank you very much for the positive feedback you provided us with. We were very glad to hear that you were pleased with the service and our hotel facilities during your stay with us. We hope to see again in the future.
Regards
Manager..
Germantown, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

I am happy to say that this hotel was the best in the town. I visit the place frequently and i was happy to be treated very nicely. There was a guy who went by Jay was super nice and very nice to talk to. The place was very clean and i had great service. All the staff was very nice to me and they were all wonderful. I had a very nice stay there. I am thoroughly satisfied.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Kind Regards
Manager..

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!