“Very nice for the price!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free High Speed Internet
Ranked #14 of 29 hotels in Lake Charles
“Very nice for the price!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I was on the fence about getting a room here because of the mixed reviews, but was VERY glad I did. I was traveling with my mother and infant daughter and after reading some of the reviews about parking lot dark and shady area of town, I was nervous, but when I arrived, it was VERY WELL lit and it's just in an older part of town. I mean I wouldn't go walking down the road in the wee hours of morning, by myself, but its fine to spend the night and feel safe. The front desk woman was very nice and allowed me to check out the room before renting it for the night. The room was nicely updated and had all the amenities you need. I was very glad it had a fridge with freezer so I could re freeze the ice packs for the baby's cooler. The beds were comfortable and it was clean. They do offer a continental breakfast, but we arrived so late, that we slept through it. The same lady from check in was still working and she did go and turn the juice machine back on when I checked out and allowed me to grab some. All in all, this is a great place to grab a room. They do have a pool, but we didn't use it. Its a little on the small side, but it looked clean. I wouldn't listen to the negative reviews on here... It's well priced for what you get and shouldn't be looked over!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

48 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Bedford
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Desk did not always answer phone calls. The person in charge at the desk said that she was filling in while the regular staff were out. She didn't know answersl to most quesitons. Wall light was missing a bulb the extension cord so it couldn't be turned on the first night. The housekeepers didn't arrive until well after noon. The controls on the AC were on top of the unit mounted so high that I had to stand on a chair with wheels and then on the end table to turn it down from being way too cold. Milk, jelly and margarine were not set out from the fridge after the first night and the milk smelled sour when I found it. We didn't go back the for the second breakfast. The system to access wi-fi didn't give all of the steps or accept the code I was given until about the fifth try. The tv channel guide on screen did not work.
The price was okay. The restroom is so small that the door can hardly be opened all the way into it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Corpus Christi, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is an older hotel so it's not new and fancy. If you just need a place to sleep for the night as I did between gambling this works. The pool was nice since it goes from 4 ft. to 6 ft. And the front desk man was so nice, always smiling, and respectful. I would stay here again if need be.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

The room was clean and cool. Exactly what we were looking for on our road trip. The location isn't central for food and other amenities but we were able to drive to find dinner. The staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Been to Howard Johnson Express Lake Charles? Share your experiences!