“Convenient, Cheap and Comfortable” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Richmond Suites Hotel

You added The Richmond Suites Hotel to your Saves list
The Richmond Suites Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2600 Moeling Street, Highway 171 & I-10, Lake Charles, LA 70615   |
Ranked #23 of 29 Hotels in Lake Charles
Ms Gulfcoast
“Convenient, Cheap and Comfortable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The best things about this place was the big room, big inviting pool, comfortable beds and fluffy towels. Easy access from I-10, the bathroom has been updated, the room smelled fresh, and the desk personnel was friendly and efficient. The worse things were the place was dated, the breakfast was skimpy, needed some paint touch ups and the hall smelled musky. If you need a convenient, cheap, comfortable place to sleep while traveling this place is it but I don't think I would care to stay for a week.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Kansas City, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

My wife and I came to Lake Charles on business, the first hotel we stayed at was horrid. Then we found Richmond Suites, and what a gem it was. Ms. Karen was so helpful and welcoming that she literally changed our view of the town. We had a problem with our first room and Ms Karen and Ms Tisha from housekeeping went above and beyond to make us comfortable. We were so happy that it's now the only hotel that I would stay at here in Lake Charles. The amenities have a few issues but the friendly and helpful staff more the make up for the lack. To top it all off the rates are more then reasonable. But the staff is by far the most welcoming and helpful I have ever encountered. Definitely a diamond in the rough, with a homey feel. I would recommend staying here to anyone. Always ask for Ms Karen and you'll always have a good experience...

Room Tip: Inside SKL suites are awesome especially poolside
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Houma, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I made a reservation. And cancelled 2 days after on 3 sepearate roooms. I HAD to cancell they still
charged me for it. If they had warned me and said we can't cancel your rooms I would had apriciated that so thank you for nothing.

Room Tip: Make real sure you want to go and no upcomings can pop up or don't even bother.
Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Lake C, General Manager at The Richmond Suites Hotel, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Mr.Sergio Sanchez - while reviewing your account with Expedia you made a reservation on July 20 for 1 room for 2 adults for 1 night and then on July 22, 2013 you had Expedia cancel the reservation for your arrival on July 27, 2013. Therefore there was NO room charge since it was cancelled thru Expedia. Should you have any questions please consult with Expedia. Now with regards to your 2nd reservation for the same date of arrival it was made on July 20 and cancelled thru Expedia on July 22, again NO room charge, You can contact your booking source which is Expedia for any further information since they made your reservation and also cancelled the reseravtion within the guidelines of our contract from Expedia. Thank you for brining this matter to our attention and I am sure Expedia will correct any issues that you have. David Bartlett, General Manager
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

First off I don't know why anyone would write a bad review about this establishment....EVER!!
It's got two of the sweetest personalities I've ever had the pleasure of meeting...Mrs.Karen is phenomenal & Mrs.Tisha { head of housekeeping}...she's an awesome woman who does an outstanding job making sure you are happy & have everything in your room to make your stay easier...it's more like an apartment complex than a hotel..
My husband & I have spent 5 nights there in two trips just this month...and we love everything about Richmond Suites....
Keep up the awesomeness guys..
Positively awesome place to have a comfortable experience with poolside grilling...awesome balconies/ patios...huge pool and amazing suites...
You guys ROCK!!!

• Stayed August 2013
Lake C, front desk at The Richmond Suites Hotel, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind and helpful reviews, We would like to welcome you back at any time when you are in the Lake Charles area.

Hotel Management.
Houston, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I'm a retired U. S. Marine and in my hotel stays around the world I have lived in some trashy places. I rank this place as one of the 3 worst places I have stayed. This place has no working ice machines. You must go to the office for ice which is in a trash can with a bowl covering it.The coke machines are in very dark areas at the end of the hall. If you do spend a night bring two cans of Raid to kill roaches. The pictures on the web are very very misleading. The rooms that I looked in are filty. My wife booked this crappy place and she is still grossed out. People who call this place nice or quality I would hate to see what they call trashy. Those reviews must have come from the owner.

Room Tip: look for another place or just sleep in your car
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Universal City, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

After picking up a lodging pamphlet at the Louisiana Welcome Center, we called to see if we could get a room for the night at the Richmond Suites Hotel. We stayed the night in a clean but not fancy place but ah, the customer service is definitely 5-star. As soon as we arrived home the next day, I discovered I left my expensive (orthopedic type) pillow at the hotel. I immediately called the desk and spoke with Karen Hebert. She called house keeping and found my pillow, then called me back to tell me that she had it. I asked her if she would mail it and said I would be happy to pay for the shipping. She did ship it much to my delight. You are priceless, Karen.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Lake C, Front desk at The Richmond Suites Hotel, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
On behalf or Richmond Suites we would like to thank you for your kind and thoughtful review. If you ever find yourself in or around the Lake Charles area please come back and stay with us.

hotel management.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

I had reservations for a Friday & Saturday nite, called on Thursday & spoke to a man to add the Thursday nite & was told room was available. We we got there Thursday afternoon around 5 the lady behind the desk kept telling me I only had the room for Thursday & Friday and it wasn't available for the Saturday. She asked who I spoke to & when I told her it was a man she said there was no man that worked behind the desk. I went to get my phone to show her the # I called and then she said she moved things around & the room was available. I had also asked for a downstairs room poolside. I wasn't told until I arrived thefe that all those rooms were booked & would be for the next 2 yrs!! I di get a downstairs room as requested but in a building away from the pool. With 2 small children it wasn't very convenient. The room was nice & clean. We were provided with plenty of clean towels. There were lots of young kids there running up & down the halls. Apparently not very well supervised!! And guess what ? On Friday morning when we went to the front for breakfast low & behold there was a man behind the desk!! Guess someone lied!! All in all we enjoyed our stay there as the location is great as are the prices. The house keeping staff were all very friendly , as we had to pass their work area each time we went to the pool & they always greeted us with smiles & small talk.

• Stayed August 2013

Been to The Richmond Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!