“The service doesn't get better than this.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Richmond Suites Hotel

You added The Richmond Suites Hotel to your Saves list
The Richmond Suites Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2600 Moeling Street, Highway 171 & I-10, Lake Charles, LA 70615   |
Ranked #20 of 29 Hotels in Lake Charles
Universal City, Texas
“The service doesn't get better than this.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

After picking up a lodging pamphlet at the Louisiana Welcome Center, we called to see if we could get a room for the night at the Richmond Suites Hotel. We stayed the night in a clean but not fancy place but ah, the customer service is definitely 5-star. As soon as we arrived home the next day, I discovered I left my expensive (orthopedic type) pillow at the hotel. I immediately called the desk and spoke with Karen Hebert. She called house keeping and found my pillow, then called me back to tell me that she had it. I asked her if she would mail it and said I would be happy to pay for the shipping. She did ship it much to my delight. You are priceless, Karen.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Lake C, Front desk at The Richmond Suites Hotel, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
On behalf or Richmond Suites we would like to thank you for your kind and thoughtful review. If you ever find yourself in or around the Lake Charles area please come back and stay with us.

hotel management.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

I had reservations for a Friday & Saturday nite, called on Thursday & spoke to a man to add the Thursday nite & was told room was available. We we got there Thursday afternoon around 5 the lady behind the desk kept telling me I only had the room for Thursday & Friday and it wasn't available for the Saturday. She asked who I spoke to & when I told her it was a man she said there was no man that worked behind the desk. I went to get my phone to show her the # I called and then she said she moved things around & the room was available. I had also asked for a downstairs room poolside. I wasn't told until I arrived thefe that all those rooms were booked & would be for the next 2 yrs!! I di get a downstairs room as requested but in a building away from the pool. With 2 small children it wasn't very convenient. The room was nice & clean. We were provided with plenty of clean towels. There were lots of young kids there running up & down the halls. Apparently not very well supervised!! And guess what ? On Friday morning when we went to the front for breakfast low & behold there was a man behind the desk!! Guess someone lied!! All in all we enjoyed our stay there as the location is great as are the prices. The house keeping staff were all very friendly , as we had to pass their work area each time we went to the pool & they always greeted us with smiles & small talk.

• Stayed August 2013
houston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Do Not Go! This place is horrible. Fowl odor in the rooms and the floors are horrible. Change your reservations now or you will regret it. Site is very misleading. Gambling is what you will be doing if you stay here.

Room Tip: Check the Hotel's reviews before you make any reservations. Check to see if security has been co...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Lake C, General Manager at The Richmond Suites Hotel, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Guest, I appreciate your comment and my only comment would be if you had come to the Front Desk we would have made every effort to correct your issue. We have made many improvements at our hotel since I became the General Manager and can only continue. Your comments will be discussed with my management team for corrective action. Thank you for taking time to write your review. Sincerely, David Bartlett, General Manager.
Lake Charles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

The rooms are inexpensive and were very clean...a very friendly staff in the lobby. The only problem I encountered was a sporadic internet service. The morning breakfast is good. Overall, this was a good place to stay; met my needs just fine!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Lake C, General Manager at The Richmond Suites Hotel, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you so much for your kind review. To address your internet
issue; we were making upgrades to our system the week of your
stay. My apologies for the service interruption; however I am happy
to report on the success of our upgrade.
Sunset, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

My 3 young children and I spent 3 days at the Richmond Inn and Suites. This hotel is in the perfect location as it is right off of the interstate and close to everything. Upon our arrival we were greeted with smiles by 2 of the kindest desk clerks. Originally, I booked a room with double beds but, to our surprise we arrived to a room that was not yet cleaned. Frustrated, I returned to the front desk, and Ms. Karen gracefully and patiently cared enough to quickly rectify the situation by upgrading our room to a suite at no additional charge. We were pleasantly surprised when we walked into this gorgeous room. This room provided us with ample space, privacy, and a great sense of security. As a single mom, safety is of the utmost concern and I felt safe the entire time.The hallways were very peaceful and quiet. I didn't even hear the noise of the interstate which is next to the building. Every morning, we were greeted by Ms. Karen, who made us feel like family instead of guests. The breakfast was delicious and the perfect fit for my family!!
Also, my children and I particularly loved the swimming pool. The area was clean and secure. Workers periodically checked to ensure that things were up to par for the guests while we were out there.

I can hardly wait to return to Lake Charles. I have found my "home away from home" and will definitely be a frequent guest at this wonderful establishment. Also, I would strongly recommend it to anyone searching for their home away from home. :-)

Room Tip: Book a suite in building E!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Lake C, General Manager at The Richmond Suites Hotel, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words of praise. We are grateful
that you took the time to share your recent stay.
Our staff will look forward to your future return to The Richmond Suites Hotel.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Richmond Inn and suites for our anniversary weekend in LakeCharles. We were impressed with the hotel. The staff were so nice and kind to us during our stay. The Hotel maybe an older hotel but it did provide comfort home away from home. The breakfast was great and my husband enjoyed getting up to this nice amenity. We are booking a stay with my children Tuesday for an overnight stay. I will book more stay in the future .

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words of praise. We are grateful
that you took the time to share your recent stay.
Our staff will look forward to your future return to The Richmond Suites Hotel.
Prairieville, Louisiana, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I first want to review Tridadvisor as not being easy to contact if at first you have a problem with the reservation getting wrong by the site or the Hotel charging more than Tripadvisor posts.
The Richmond needs to pay it's help more so they clean the rooms without your having to ask for replacement towels and taking out the garbage.
The staff has faulty equipment in the rooms, as well as an ice machine broken down so a small bowl gets put in the lobby for people to take a glass of ice when needed.
The refrigerators could barely keep anything cold in your room.
The swimmng pool was the only thing to praise. The bed was good. The wall had holes, big holes 6 x 6 at least still in the wall. Instead of putting a picture or mirror or anything over it, they just leave it there. The staff has one or two that actually smile and act as though they care about you. Yes, this is cheap but I can honestly say I have stayed at cheaper that kept the maintenance in better shape. I would say lazy is what I see, but remember the owner is not giving them a budget to repair things. I would bet the owner is out of state, rarely visits and definitely does not stay at the hotel.

Room Tip: Pay the extra $20 or so per night and step up just a little and you will be happier.
Dear Valued Guest:
I am sorry to hear of your recent unpleasant experience with The Richmond Suites Hotel.
We are a property that is currently working to improve all of our services and amenities.
Should you have the opportunity to visit us again in the future, I can personally assure you that your experience will be memorably pleasant.