“Bull Dozer” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Richmond Suites Hotel

You added The Richmond Suites Hotel to your Saves list
The Richmond Suites Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2600 Moeling Street, Highway 171 & I-10, Lake Charles, LA 70615   |
Ranked #18 of 29 Hotels in Lake Charles
houston
“Bull Dozer”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Do Not Go! This place is horrible. Fowl odor in the rooms and the floors are horrible. Change your reservations now or you will regret it. Site is very misleading. Gambling is what you will be doing if you stay here.

Room Tip: Check the Hotel's reviews before you make any reservations. Check to see if security has been co...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Lake C, General Manager at The Richmond Suites Hotel, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Guest, I appreciate your comment and my only comment would be if you had come to the Front Desk we would have made every effort to correct your issue. We have made many improvements at our hotel since I became the General Manager and can only continue. Your comments will be discussed with my management team for corrective action. Thank you for taking time to write your review. Sincerely, David Bartlett, General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Lake Charles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

The rooms are inexpensive and were very clean...a very friendly staff in the lobby. The only problem I encountered was a sporadic internet service. The morning breakfast is good. Overall, this was a good place to stay; met my needs just fine!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Lake C, General Manager at The Richmond Suites Hotel, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you so much for your kind review. To address your internet
issue; we were making upgrades to our system the week of your
stay. My apologies for the service interruption; however I am happy
to report on the success of our upgrade.
Sunset, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

My 3 young children and I spent 3 days at the Richmond Inn and Suites. This hotel is in the perfect location as it is right off of the interstate and close to everything. Upon our arrival we were greeted with smiles by 2 of the kindest desk clerks. Originally, I booked a room with double beds but, to our surprise we arrived to a room that was not yet cleaned. Frustrated, I returned to the front desk, and Ms. Karen gracefully and patiently cared enough to quickly rectify the situation by upgrading our room to a suite at no additional charge. We were pleasantly surprised when we walked into this gorgeous room. This room provided us with ample space, privacy, and a great sense of security. As a single mom, safety is of the utmost concern and I felt safe the entire time.The hallways were very peaceful and quiet. I didn't even hear the noise of the interstate which is next to the building. Every morning, we were greeted by Ms. Karen, who made us feel like family instead of guests. The breakfast was delicious and the perfect fit for my family!!
Also, my children and I particularly loved the swimming pool. The area was clean and secure. Workers periodically checked to ensure that things were up to par for the guests while we were out there.

I can hardly wait to return to Lake Charles. I have found my "home away from home" and will definitely be a frequent guest at this wonderful establishment. Also, I would strongly recommend it to anyone searching for their home away from home. :-)

Room Tip: Book a suite in building E!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Lake C, General Manager at The Richmond Suites Hotel, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words of praise. We are grateful
that you took the time to share your recent stay.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Richmond Inn and suites for our anniversary weekend in LakeCharles. We were impressed with the hotel. The staff were so nice and kind to us during our stay. The Hotel maybe an older hotel but it did provide comfort home away from home. The breakfast was great and my husband enjoyed getting up to this nice amenity. We are booking a stay with my children Tuesday for an overnight stay. I will book more stay in the future .

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words of praise. We are grateful
that you took the time to share your recent stay.
Prairieville, Louisiana, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I first want to review Tridadvisor as not being easy to contact if at first you have a problem with the reservation getting wrong by the site or the Hotel charging more than Tripadvisor posts.
The Richmond needs to pay it's help more so they clean the rooms without your having to ask for replacement towels and taking out the garbage.
The staff has faulty equipment in the rooms, as well as an ice machine broken down so a small bowl gets put in the lobby for people to take a glass of ice when needed.
The refrigerators could barely keep anything cold in your room.
The swimmng pool was the only thing to praise. The bed was good. The wall had holes, big holes 6 x 6 at least still in the wall. Instead of putting a picture or mirror or anything over it, they just leave it there. The staff has one or two that actually smile and act as though they care about you. Yes, this is cheap but I can honestly say I have stayed at cheaper that kept the maintenance in better shape. I would say lazy is what I see, but remember the owner is not giving them a budget to repair things. I would bet the owner is out of state, rarely visits and definitely does not stay at the hotel.

Room Tip: Pay the extra $20 or so per night and step up just a little and you will be happier.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest:
I am sorry to hear of your recent unpleasant experience with The Richmond Suites Hotel.
We are a property that is currently working to improve all of our services and amenities.
Should you have the opportunity to visit us again in the future, I can personally assure you that your experience will be memorably pleasant.
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I wanted to go to Lake Charles for July 3 and L'auberge wanted 199 per night. No way! I looked and looked at all the reviews on the 2* rooms. I was so disappointed to read all those horrible reviews. Well we aren't fancy people so we decided on the Richmond Suites. I packed my own towels and sheets. Well, we were so surprised at first by how nice the lobby was-then we drove around to our room and were even more surprised by our HUGE room-or should I say apartment. We were very happy to see the king bed with all those pillows. The bath was clean with nice towels, good pressure, and plenty of hot water. We were disappointed that we did not arrive until 9:30pm and could not enjoy our room longer. All staff members were pleasant, friendly, and helpful. I called 3 times prior to arriving and all calls were taken and staff happily answered my questions. Breakfast was ok. Juice selection was just orange juice and no fresh fruit. There was a waffle maker and the lobby smelled wonderful when I walked in. I had a stomach ache from eating late and was awake off and on all night long. It was so quiet at the Richmond Suites. I never once feared for my life or my car that had my husband's golf clubs still in the back seat. I was very perturbed about all those complaining people that caused me to pack extra unneeded stuff that I had to waste my time with unpacking when I got back home. To those people-why don't ya'll just stay home. WE WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO STAY At THE RICHMOND SUITES AGAIN.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you so much for your kind words of praise. I am pleased that you enjoyed
the charm and comfort that a mature property can provide to our guests.
Lake Charles, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We are staying in one of the rooms with a kitchen, we are here for a extended visit. There is no communication here the place is dated and needs a lot of work. I have been visiting my husband for a week in that week the pool has been opened once!! After complaining for 4 days finally maintenance came by to fix light, and plug in. The electrical box had water on the inside so were afraid to see if it was a issue there. Have had no phone in the room the entire time. The cleaning and maintenance are not to blame here it is more of the management. I left my number for the GM to call it is almost 24 hours later and still no call!!! Pool is still not open after 2 days, it is the 4th of July. Husband had planned to stay here for the next 4 months but will be looking elsewhere!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to The Richmond Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!