“Security is a must.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Richmond Suites Hotel

You added The Richmond Suites Hotel to your Saves list
The Richmond Suites Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2600 Moeling Street, Highway 171 & I-10, Lake Charles, LA 70615   |
Ranked #17 of 29 Hotels in Lake Charles
BatonRouge,la.
“Security is a must.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

The hotel room we had was nice but the entrance gate was broken and never closed. Also the key card lock was broken so anyone could enter the builing.There is no security at all here and I wouldnt recomend this hotel for people with children.Oh, and prostitutes go around knocking on all the doors and sliding glass doors.. Apparently you dont have to go down the road for a good time-They make house calls to every room.! This is not the place for a family or couple and its sad because It could be a very nice hotel if the doors locked and they hired some security.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Hotel M, Manager at The Richmond Suites Hotel, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
We would like to thank you for staying with us and expressing this concerned review. We apologize that your stay at our hotel was uncomfortable, and the feedback we received will enable us to target this problem. We welcome any opportunity to improve and better serve our guest completely, so that everyone stay here is more than satisfactory.

The Richmond Suites Management Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Amarillo, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I travel 6 to 10 times a year, not a lot but enough to know what to expect. I booked through hotwire, and looked at the first 5 reviews and was comforted with the good ratings. When I arrived the lobby was nice enough, my room was in bldg. A, there are 3 buildings all separate from the lobby. I was instantly nervous when I had to pass two young men loitering on the stairs, and disgusted when I opened the door to the inside hallway (doors face into a common hallway requiring a key to enter) and the smoke smell hit me. I booked a non-smoking room, the rooms were in disrepair; holes had been patched and painted and the paint did not match. The carpet was dingy, comforter on bed was stained, and bath room was not clean. If this wasn’t enough there was a man screaming on the phone (I assume) somewhere in the building and we could hear his offensive conversation through the closed door. I walked back to the lobby without having unloaded my luggage. The same clerk that checked me in maybe 20 minutes prior told me he would not refund the first night but would refund the next two. I am still trying to get my money back!

I am suspicious of the reviews in October 2012 and think they are from someone in the hotel trying to get ratings back up. If you look past those three you will see mostly bad reviews and someone attached pictures of the ACTUAL rooms which look nothing like those in the hotel description page.

Room Tip: If you want a Suite there is a Comfort Suites two blocks from this hotel that I stayed at. If you’re...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hotel M, Manager at The Richmond Suites Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
We would like to thank you for staying with us and leaving such a concerned review. We apologize that your stay at our hotel was less than satisfactory, and the feedback we receive will enable us to target the problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve and better serve our guest completely.

Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I would like to thank The Richmond Suites hotel for providing an excellent stay for me and my friends. We stayed here and attended a wedding reception on the property in the ballroom. BEAUTIFUL!!! Ms. Alana, who is the Sales Director, really have worked with this bride and groom to assure them a beautiful place. The rooms are nice, but the ballroom is just as nice and spacious. I have been here on several occassions, but never been in there. I am considering doing an event with my family in the spring. I am happy to see Ms. Alana face still there as well as the new faces at the front desk. Like I said before I enjoy coming here and will always come here when I visit Lake Charles.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Beaumont, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

The stay here was excellent. Staff was very friendly and rooms were very clean. We were there for an entire weekend and the staff was very helping and attentive to our needs as a large group. Whenever I need a hotel in Lake Charles again, this is the one I will be picking!!!! GREAT JOB STAFF!!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Opelousas, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We the Barlow family would like to say we had a good time at the Richmond Suites on Oct.5-7-2012. The rooms were beautiful and comfortable. The staff was friendly and very helpful. We appreciate everything that was done to make our stay enjoyable. Thanks to Ms. Alana for working with us. Thanks for the meeting room which was nice and roomy. Our family had a loving, peaceful and a blessed time. We are planning to come back again. If anyone is looking for a place to stay with their family, we recommend this place. Thanks again from the Barlow Family.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I was traveling through the Lake Charles area and stayed at this property. I was a little concerned about the property because of the reviews, I was looking for a property close to I-10 so I thought I would give it a try. When I arrived, I was greeted by friendly front desk staff. They checked me in quickly. This property has interior cooridors. I stayed in the E Building and my room was a suite. My room was clean and comfortable. The suite had a full kitchen and seperate sitting area. There were several restaurants nearby and a gas station right by the hotel.

They have a free hot breakfast in the morning. It had all the basics including waffles. If you are looking for a property that is convenient, great value I would suggest giving the property a try.

Room Tip: Stay in one of their suites it is very comfortable.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

My family rented five rooms for a quick night's rest. Our experience: No lights (absolutely no working lights in the room), stained linen, dirty toilet and shower, bed crumbs under the nicely made bed, 2 roaches in the coffee maker, unsecure location. All we needed was a place to lay our heads. We all left for home at 5:30am! Only received a 20% refund on one (1) room!

Room Tip: Dont' stay...give this hotel time to get their management practice up to par.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Hotel M, Manager at The Richmond Suites Hotel, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
We appreciate your honesty upon this review. We are deeply sorry for the inconvience during your stay at our hotel. We are currently addressing this issue and getting these matters resolved, so we can be better accommodating to our guest.

The Richmond Suites Management Team

Been to The Richmond Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!