“Food=10, Service=1” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Food=10, Service=1”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

We had high expectations for our anniversary. Made reservations using their voicemail service because we had to drive an hour to the restaurant. Showed up on time but apparently they never checked the messages because they didn't have us on their list. Waited 5-10 minutes while they found a place to put us. Sat us at the wobbliest table ever...our water would almost tip over! No service for another 15+ minutes. When a two seater table next to us came available we. Asked if we could move because our table was so wobbly. They said no because it was reserved. I said "we also had reservations and I didn't pick a wobbly table." Nothing. My husband ended up moving the table around till it was halfway level. We ordered a wide variety of food that was absolutely delicious!!! Then dessert was ordered and 10+ minutes later the server comes by and remembers that we ordered it...he sends someone else out with it while he brought a bill to another table. All in all, the food was so tasty that it almost, almost made me forget the crappy service. The price of the food was worth it, but they really need to put the customer first. Better trained servers would make a huge difference.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Roanoke, Louisiana, USA
“Best Menu in Southwest LA, due to the variety. Pianist at pm”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

The reason I gave it a average instead of excellent is that management needs to improve their training for the host and wait staff and whom ever is in charge of sound-music, yet all employees are so kind and friendly but poor service oriented. But the menu offers such a variety of Mediterranean foods, and for desert you must enjoy their lacquer snuffle! Another plus for Mazen's is that I appreciate cloth table cloths/napkins and nice cutlery. however the luncheon music began a good thirty minutes after we were seated, @12:30. When the music began the selections were very appropriate for fine dining-soothing and not loud instrumentation, I was impressed. For an appetizer we order the seafood bisque, bad choice no flavor only salt but very meaty, and no wait staff to assist, my guest had one spoon yet I tolerated a half of the cup for I was so anticipating it. Very good entree: I had the avocado shrimp salad-DELICIOUS, she had the seafood crapes, also DELICIOUS. Like i said there menu is wonderful and varied, not just fried food, salad or stakes. Coffee was delicious, however the wait staff was no where for refills, all waiters seem to like the kitchen and it was really not that crowded, I held my hand up like a second grader for over 5 minutes until I walked to the hostess for assistance- she was busy talking to her telephone. The hostess did not know that Lagniappe Magazine had voted the restaurant the most romantic of 2012,a fact that I thought that was of interest, sad. However I will return, hopefully management has improved their desire to see that their "fine dining" or customer service improves. Live "dinner" music is so rare in our area, southwester Louisiana, and I am too curious about the options that are offered from a delightfully and wonderful menu options. Capsule: if you can ignore salty food, poor service, but a varied and enticing menu, enjoy. I will return if only for the ambiance.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lake Charles, Louisiana
“Mazen's is the best restaurant in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is my favorite restaurant in Lake Charles. The food is always perfection and the service is always exceptional.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dfw
“This is a nice place but not exceptional”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Average on all counts. Not bad but service was slow, greeting upon arriving wasn't friendly and it was assumed we had reservations at 5:00pm. The filets were really undercooked. The temperature was FREEZING in the restaurant. We skipped dessert because we had to warm up! The food tasted good not great and it was a bit pricey.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lake Charles, Louisiana
“WONDERFUL!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

One of my favorite places to eat. Great toasted fish and filet! All of their homemade sauces are to die for!!! Souffle great too! It comes with homemade whipped cream. Very yummy

Visited June 2012