The first impression of the place is that it's a huge, palace-like structure, which seems a little out of place in sleepy Lake Charles. The lobby lives up to the facade, with a couple of big fireplaces with couches, plenty of skylights in the entry atrium, and an overall nice, welcoming feel. Staff was friendly at check-in, unlike the experience of some previous reviewers. One thing to note: suites did not have the option of 2 queen beds instead of 1 king. So my business partner and I ended up in a regular 2-bed room. It turned out to be plenty large, and very nicely appointed. Bathroom was also nice. To be nitpicky, there was a little discolored grout that needed to be replaced, but otherwise very clean and nicely tiled with plenty of space. Going through the hotel, our room was approximately $150 a night, though I suspect signing up for the Players Card as we did will ensure we get some more attractive offers in the future.
The casino was very open and surprisingly large, though the vast majority of the machines were $1 minimum. So it can be a tad expensive for the normal weekend gambler, but I guess the upside is that it attracted a nicer clientele than most. It was a little crowded for my taste (on a Tuesday night), but not cramped. We dined at the Jack Daniels restaurant in the casino. It was fine, but certainly not great. The hostesses and waitresses were friendly, and very skimpily clad, obviously catering to a male casino client. It certainly didn't bother us, but it might be a little questionable for a family outing.
All in all, a very upscale hotel in Lake Charles. For anyone who has stayed at Harrah's there before (now closed), this is a HUGE improvement over the motel-like atmosphere. I would definitely stay here again, though I'm hoping to find a better deal next time. Still, it was worth the rate as is, and the impressive pool and outdoor complex looks like it would be a big hit for a family stay in the summer or warmer weather. Did not use the spa facilities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Full service casino resort offering non-stop Vegas style gaming with 70 table games and over 1,600 slot machines, championship Tom Fazio golf course, full service Spa du Lac, resort pool and lazy river, unique retail shopping, 6 innovative dining outlets, 26-story casually elegant hotel with 1,000 rooms, suites and villas plus big name entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your L'Auberge Casino Resort Lake Charles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- l`Auberge Du Lac Hotel Lake Charles
- Laberge Casino
- l Auberge Du Lac Resort
- Lauberge Du Lac Hotel & Casino
- La Berge Du Lac
- Laberge Du Lac Casino
- Laberge Dulac