“I ♥ L'Auberge Du Lac!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in Lake Charles
louisiana
“I ♥ L'Auberge Du Lac!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2010

I am never disappointed at my visits to L'Auberge Du Lac. I go every year for a buisness confrence for 3 days and I always have a great time. Never, have I stayed at a resort where the staff is so friendly & attentive as L'Auberge ! The food is wonderful , the pool & lazy river are a blast!!! I always look forward to my visit there... Thanks to everyone at L'Auberge!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Mission, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2010

This is my second stay here. Speedy check-in, nice rooms but could have been cleaned a little better. Wanted to have soup at Asia but after I realized it would be $15 for a bowl of soup, decided to go to Le Cafe. Food was okay, but nothing to brag about. Had no luck at slot machines, they need to loosen them. The roulette dealers were really nice and helpful. If you are planning to relax and don't like crowds, do not stay on a Thursday night. They have the pool party where all the locals go and it gets packed. Once the party is over, they all head over to the casino! It is a younger crown just having a good time but been there done that. I am not into that anymore. The waitresses at the casino take their time coming back for another round, even if you tip them good. That was kind of disappointing. Overall, it was a good stay. It is nothing like Las Vegas, so if you are wanting the Vegas feeling, might as well save a little more and fly to Vegas.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Port Neches Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2010

My husband and I wanted to get a way for a few days we have never been to L'Auberge du Lac, we were there on a Wed and Thurs nite they had a party by the pool saw Lost Lonely Boys we enjoyed it, loved the room nice and clean King, the bath room is large and nice, we loved every minute of it, we ate at the Jack Daniels the steak wasnt that good but they gave me a $50.00 gift card to come back.... which we plan on going again soon. I would tell everyone to visit the pool is very nice, the drinks were not that good to me at the pool area, but we will go back for sure, the lazy river pool is great... You will be charged to use the fitness center unless you have booked a spa package, dont agree with that but,,,, will go again

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2010 via mobile

Well upon arriving we checked in got into our bathing suits and hit the pool up. My daughter really enjoyed the lazy river as we were floating along we could hear some comotion ahead of us...wow what I had seen really astonished me. Apparently some woman was letting her underaged daughters(looked 14-16yrs) drink and they were toasted they were dancing on the umbrella pole asif they were adult entertainers... I was so embarrased for her but she obviously didn't mind their behavior! Definetly not a place I would consider "family friendly". After returning back to our rooms we changed and headed to the buffet. The food was descent but there is no elbow room and I could literally feel the people sitting next to us breathing down our necks. We decided to cut our evening short and rest up for the next day(pwhaha) that didn't happen. Me and my daughter were lying in bed together I just so happen to glance down at her as I was channel surfing and if you could only see the horrific image that I saw...A BIG ROACH(whaaaa) just sittinng on top of the covers on my daughters shoulder! I screamed and nabbed the baby and ran out the room...luckily my knight in shiny armour killed the monster and flushed it down the toilet. We called the front desk and they had asked if we wanted to switch rooms. We just stayed and sucked it up. Thinking my night couldn't get any worst I tossed and turned from all the noise of teens running up and down the hall, toilets flushing, ice machine humming, the blanket weighted a ton, the thermostat wasn't working properly. After enduring this we had an overall ok time I know my daughter enjoyed her stay and swimming in the pool. Seeing her happy kind of makes all the bad stuff just a blur. Just because I didn't have a good experience doesn't mean that no one else will. I just wanted to let everyone know how my stay was. All I can say is you don't know until you have tried it yourself. Hope this helps out!

• Stayed June 2010
Houston, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2010

Another excellent stay. We had originally booked our stay to see Willie Nelson but he was hurt at the last minute and had to cancel. We still had a very good stay. The pool and lazy river were both dirty but the positives of this trip far outweighed that.

If you get a chance, dine at ‘Asia’. This has a combination of Chinese and Vietnamese food and Sushi. It does not dissappoint. My wife and I like the Crunchy Maki and the Chef's special. If the sushi chef ‘Vilavong’ is working that day/night, he will fix you up right. He offered us many good tips about good dishes to try and also good dishes at the Snake River Grill.

They both help make this a wonderful weekend. My wife’s grandmother passed away a couple of weeks ago and this trip was exactly what she needed. I hope you pass these comments on to Linda and Vilavong to let know what excellent employees they are.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
South TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2010

From the time we arrived, I was impressed. Valet, doorman, concierge and desk staff could not have been kinder, and seemed really pleased to welcome their guests. The hotel itself is luxury and elegance. The room we had on the tenth floor overlooked, I believe, Lake Prien, and from the wall of windows, we had a stunning view. If you get a room with this view, don't miss the bright orange sun setting on the water. It's magnificent. The bed was comfy, ala "heavenly bed" style. Bathroom countertop was black granite, upscale faucets, and cream colored tile around the tub. It had a Cuisinart coffeemaker, and was stocked with Gilchrist and Soames soaps/lotions. Both the room and bath were upscale, attractive, and squeaky clean.

On Saturday, we ate at Le Beaucoup buffet, and it was quite good. From the plump king crab legs swimming in butter, to the scrumptious praline cheesecake, I highly recommend giving this place some time.

As for the casino, I didn't fare very well, but saw many who did. Concerning Blackjack, the table minimums when we were there were $25, so bring lots of cash. Or, you could always play Blackjack at Isle of Capri or Coushatta, who typically have $10-$15 table minimums. Comps at LDL are available, but unlike many casinos, you have a little more legwork to do. Casino hosts are on the casino floor, and you have to go downstairs to get rated prior to checkout. This is kind of a pain, and something they could and should streamline.

As for golf, it was a somewhat complex course, with many water hazards, but still lots of fun. The greens needed work, though,and we were told that the course was set to close from mid May to mid July to replace the grass, and for general maintenance.

All in all, this is a super resort, and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Because my losses were higher than usual, it may be a while before I return, but I can't wait to get back. We loved it!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Beaumont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2010

My son was recently married at the casino on April 10 ,2010. Our families enjoyed themselves so much. The services from your staff was outstanding. The food on the buffet Friday night was terrific. The breakfast buffet was great. My grandchildren were happy throughout the weekend. Thanks to the buffet manager /staff on Fiday night. Thanks to Roger , the wedding coordinator / staff on Saturday night. Roger deserves a raise.(Smile). A lot of people didn't know about your wedding services, so we'll tell as many people as we meet. Just keep it up and keep making wedding dreams come true. Again Thanks!!! J. Jackson(proud mother of the groom)

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Been to L'Auberge Casino Resort Lake Charles? Share your experiences!