“Very Nice!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in Lake Charles
North Carolina
“Very Nice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2009

We had never been to Lake Charles but went for a long weekend to see a band play at their "Party by the Pool". I was very pleasantly surprised!

Check in was great - asked for a pool view and we got it! The room was comfortable and tastefully decorated. It was however showing some wear and tear along with some stains on the carpet. Otherwise, it was clean. I loved the bathroom amenities!

Party by the Pool was awesome! I still can't believe that I saw Switchfoot and Blue October for free.

The casino is beautiful - I loved the self-serve beverage (non-alcoholic) station! However, none of the slots or tables pay. Also I wish that they had Black Jack tables with a minimum bet less than $25 a hand! We went to the other casino in LC where they did have Black Jack tables with minimum bets of $10.

Overall, it's a beautiful property. Given a decent rate, I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Central Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2009

The Hotel is typical of a large resort. Most of the amenities are average and overall nice and clean. The casino is full of smoke and will choke the average non-smoker, but that is no different from any other casino. The shops are small and typically overpriced. The restaurants are fairly expensive, but the food is much better than an ordinary resort. The buffet is the best value, a balance between price and food quality. Seventeen Dollars may seem pricey, but the menus is very complete and all the many styles of food are delicious and abundant. If you like Vietnamese or Thai cuisine, there is Asia, the Asian food restaurant. Again, it is slightly more expensive than fast food, but very tasty. In three days, the dining was never disappointing!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2009

My boyfriend and I have stayed at the hotel several times. The rooms are always nice and clean with comfy beds and pillows. If you like to play slots just make sure you be prepared for machines to eat your money.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Houston, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2009

This is equivalent with a 4 star hotel with all of the similarities of Vegas hotels. Nice resort, great pool, great food and great service. I will defenitely stay here again (with comps)

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2009

June 24-29, 2009
I was thoroughly pleased with the accommodations at L’Auberge (décor, comfort, restaurants, and staff). This Hotel is truly a Resort that is very well maintained. The guest rooms are very comfortable and includes special additions- free bottled water provided daily, bathrobe and slippers---what more could one ask for.

The Check in process went fairly quickly and I was allowed to extend my check out by one hour. I was very impressed with how friendly all of the staff was, with the exception of the hostess who worked in the Le Café restaurant named Kathy. She probably just needs a little more customer service training.

The only real complaint that I had was with the extremely cool temperature in the common areas (restaurants, and casino). I am from Michigan and if I say it is cool, believe me it is, however, if you wear a sweater or jacket, you are okay. (open toe sandals can be uncomfortable in restaurants and in the casino)

The pool area is simply beautiful and again I found it accommodating for all.
The fitness area is equipped with up to date machines and will accommodate many people.

You won’t be disappointed if you choose the L’ Auberge as your place to stay while in Lake Charles, Louisiana.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
San Antonio, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2009

Beautiful resort with excellent restraunts that has terrible service. Will not pay legally purchased chips unless you have a social security card present, no matter how small the amount. They will not tell you that when you purchase the chips but when you go to cash them out they will refuse to cash even $1 even if you have your drivers license and major credit card with you for ID. They are also sending out 1099's to players and will not let you dispute the amount they say that you won. I had to contact the Lousiana Gaming Control Board and Louisiana State Police and file a Patron Dispute Form. Nice place to sleep and eat but do not gamble here. Play at your own RISK and be ready to ask for a Patron Dispute Form. When you ask they will try to give you a different form but make sure it says Patron Dispute Form so that the Lousiana State Police can try to give you some assistance. Beware you will need some patience as the casino does not even need to notify them for 7 days. You are better off playing elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2009

Don't let the ride there scare you.

This is a great hotel, neat and clean. Friendly staff overall. The resort offers great fun for all - pools, golf, spa, casino -as you can find on many websites. Our only complaint...we did not get the King room we reserved. I called the day of arrival to confirm the room and even asked, "are you sure you won't sell our room, we have a late arrival" ... "no we will hold it." Well, we ended up with queens, I guess they do not hold the "type", they just hold a "room".

We will definitely return again, although I would gladly pre-pay for "the" room guarantee. Perhaps they will change their policy?

On a side note, the casino gave a great first impression. We loved the music, but I guess we were not "lucky". We both dropped quite a bit without much play and only one drink.

So... we drove up to the Isle of Capri (+- 10 mins. away) and our luck changed and so did our moods with plenty of gaming, fun and drinks for one (as I drove). But, we would probably never stay there, it's kinda dirty. We had so much fun, we did the same thing the next day.

Our recommendation...Stay at L'Auberge - Play at the Isle!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to L'Auberge Casino Resort Lake Charles? Share your experiences!