“Very Nice Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in Lake Charles
Leander
“Very Nice Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2009

This is an all inclusive hot spot. Hotel is nice, casino ok, food was great! Next time we will go back in the summer and enjoy the pool area.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2009

The bed was comfortable; the sheets must have had a high thread count because they felt really nice. There were plenty of pillows and towels. All linens were clean but with a slight chlorine odor. The bath amenities were quite nice. What I wasn't happy with was the cleanliness of the carpet both in the hallway and in the room. Whoever vacuums could have done a more thorough job. I just wouldn't walk around without my houseshoes. The furniture was scarred and appeared well used. The walls were paper thin. We had to turn up the TV so as not to hear the amourous couple next door. All night there were the sounds of the heavy, room doors slamming up and down the hallway. The toilets flushed like those on a cruise ship and you could hear toilets flushing all night long. I got no sleep on that nice bed and would only stay here again if my room was comped (as some casinos do). By the way, the pool was beautiful. You should also know that they charge extra to use the internet connection in the room and they charge extra to go to their workout room (this is lagniappe?).

Lake Charles, La
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2009

The employees over at L'berge are rude and they will kick you out of their casino if you are having a good time and if you are drinking. You will get thrown out and cursed out by their lovely security and told you will be fired from your job if you are kicked out and you wasn't doing any harm to anybody. You tip them all of your money and it still isn't good enough. You will be cursed out. Do not go to L'Berge they will steal your money and especially do not play slots. They are not thankful and they are going to legalize gambling in Texas.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
Houston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2009

It's a nice clean place to go, but after being in and out of the casino over 100+ times(id checked and everything) one thing ruined my visit there forever. As I had my id out to get in the casino (4 out of 5 of my friends and myself) were stopped like we stole something when we handed them our ID's. It's fine, you are doing your job and all but this was a CRAZY power trip.

After showing our ID's to 3 other people who couldn't tell if it was us or not, a bald african american guy with glasses comes up and is the ultimate power tripper. My ID looks exactly like me. It was fine when he asked me, "When did you take this picture?", but to ask me how much I weighed when I took the picture to how much I weigh now, and to ask me to smile so he can tell if it's me or not, that's just asking toooooo much. He asked my friend to sign a piece of paper to tell if it's him or not. After 100+ times going in and out with no incidents, these guys ruined the day. We just packed up our stuff and left right after that incident. That's what you get when you give someone toooo much power.

I showed my ID to the manager, to the supervisor, and to another lady and she APOLOGIZED and told me you can definitely tell it was me. They told me I was allowed to go back in, BUT who would go in after that. Thanks for leaving the bad taste in my mouth. EVERYONE I know will not be going here anymore. Everyone there was nice but those two particular people. They followed us around to make sure I didn't get in.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
houston, texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2009

I had such a great time here. Everything was extremely nice. The room and the view was breathtaking. The staff was so nice and they took care of all our needs. I will stay here everytime I come, I loved the casino as well, there is plenty of everything.The buffet food is so great as well. Loved it All !

Navasota TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2009

After looking over reviews here my wife and I decided on a Casino trip to L'Auberge for our anniversary. Weekend nights were a bit out of our price range so we decided to just stay on a Sunday night at a more reasonable $99 a night.

Room:
Double Queen (King was already sold out)
The rooms were very comfortable and clean. The little extras make a big difference. The bed itself was very comfortable (now I have to talk my wife out of buying a new mattress because she liked theirs so much).

Internet Access
This is one of the downsides. I usually take a laptop to check out anything going on in the local area we stay in. I really don't like having to pay $11 a day for internet access. It is excessive and usually provided free most places. I called in advance and could not get an answer if they had it and subesequently not informed of the extra cost.

La Cafe
We decided to use what comps we had built up for breakfast the morning we checked out. The buffet was not open so we stopped by the Cafe. As we waited for seating, I looked over the menu outside. I was thinking to myself as I looked over the prices, this place is a bit too expensive. We were seated in about 10 minutes. We had a very good waiter that was prompt and personable. I ordered the Crab Benedict. (Still thinking I am insane for ordering a $18 breakfast. ) Two poached eggs on top of Lump crab cakes and english muffins with a Hollandaise sauce and homestyle potatoes on the side. It was absolutely one of the best breakfast combination I have ever had. Even though we were using comps it would have been worth paying the price listed.

The Casino
Tons of slots, drink service was a little slow at night, the next day it wasn't bad at all.
I prefer to play $5 min on the tables but did get a few hours in at $10-15 min.

Overall I was very impressed with the staff and service, and a great value.

Houston, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2009

We had a great time at the casino over our 2 night stay. The atmosphere was fun, and the rooms were clean and nice. We ate lunch at Le Cafe and highly enjoyed our food and our waiter provded excellent service.

That said, our experience at Jack Daniels' Bar & Grill was the worst I have ever experienced at a restaraunt. Our waitress (Lauren) was as amateur as they come. She never asked us a question other than "are you ready to order?" Our food took about 50 minutes to come out after ordering, they messed up our appetizer (spinach-artichoke dip, which was terrible), my burger was ordered medium and came out burnt, the drinks were highly over-priced. My fiancee and myself have both been waiters before, and because of this experience, we did something neither had ever done: tipped $0.00 on a 69.00 tab. I was absolutely appalled at the service and food, and would never recommend that place to anybody.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to L'Auberge Casino Resort Lake Charles? Share your experiences!