“Nice place for a girl's weekend!” 4 of 5 stars

L'Auberge Casino Resort Lake Charles
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   777 Avenue L'Auberge, Lake Charles, LA 70601   |
Ranked #8 of 29 Hotels in Lake Charles
Houston, Texas
“Nice place for a girl's weekend!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

I took my daughter for her 25th birthday and to watch her college football team which was playing there that weekend. A friend joined us from out of state so we made it a girl's weekend getaway. It's a beautiful hotel with many amenities. Because it was fall, we didn't get to enjoy the attractive pool area. They have a nice golf course that is also a popular guy's getaway weekend location. While the hotel provided several eating options, there were many eating and shopping places located very close to the hotel. They have an amazing buffet for brunch! Although it is a bit pricey, you definitely get your money's worth-they have unlimited mimosas on the weekend. Even if you don't stay at the hotel, it's worth a visit for the brunch; their casino atmosphere is also good. Lake Charles also had many events going on as well.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Sewell, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

L'Auberge is a massive resort, so it was a bit intimidating at first trying to figure out where everything was... but once I got the lay of the land, I very much enjoyed it. They have nice retail stores and an absolutely wonderful pool area, complete with a winding river you can meander down in an innertube. The only downside was that the room walls were made of paper (it seemed). But that I mean I could hear everything - and I do mean everything! - that was going on in the room next to me. Not fun. But otherwise, very pleased.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Gulf Coast
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

I have been here many occasions and this was by far the only time I can recall it being this awful.
It was also my birthday celebration!

The air conditioning in the room was very poor. We had to call down for service 3 times. After the 3rd call down it finally started working right however this was our last night. We had a partial day, a night and a whole day previously to that, that we had to have very humid non working air. We asked for Fans and they didn't have them either. The carpet felt moist to the touch.

When we were out to dinner we called for service to get the room cleaned, it appeared all they did was throw the covers over the other sheets. Our Traveling companion had no top sheet (since the first night) and had spilled something on her other sheet during breakfast and they left the same dirty sheet on the bed. WHAT is that about. I had to call down stairs at 11:00pm and have them have someone up to change her sheets. We did get some credit knocked off the room fee for a Saturday night, but this is not acceptable for a high level star casino. I am glad they are opening a new Casino right next door. Maybe the competition will have them clean up their act.

Room Tip: Make sure and ask if your room has had any air conditioning issues.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Coby L, Manager at L'Auberge Casino Resort Lake Charles, responded to this review, October 23, 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your birthday experience at L’Auberge Lake Charles. I have shared your posting so we may do better in the future, because that is what our guests deserve. I have also sent you a private message. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you again.
Coby
El Segundo, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

When we checked in early, our room was ready so we went up and headed straight for the pool. The adult pool was great as was the lazy river. We had dinner at the Jack Daniels Bar. Amazing burger and garlic fries. Second day back to the pool and did some gambling. All staff members were extremely polite and helpful in addition to being readily available to assist with anything. Would definitely return; most likely without our child as a casino hotel may not be the best place to take the kiddos.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Amy M, Operational Excellence Director at L'Auberge Casino Resort Lake Charles, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
It sounds like you and your family had a great time at the pool and lazy river. Thank you for sharing your experience!

Amy McFarlain
Richmond, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

We have visited this hotel many times and this is the first time we have noticed how dirty it is. The adult pool has a horrible film on top of water along with cigarette butts, straws, trash, hair and leaves floating around. The tiles inside the pool has an inch of dirt and grime all the way around the pool. If you lean up against it this grime gets on you. We asked a waitress when the last Time the pool was cleaned. She stated a month and said she would tell her manager !!!! Next day we went back and NOTHING had been done. I decided to check the skim baskets and each one was completely full of debris, hair, cups, straws, sticks, cigarettes etc. These should be cleaned daily!!!! No wonder the water is so dirty. We wrote an email to the manager and he was very short and I don't believe he listened. I wish I would have taken pics of the pool but my phone was dead at the time. Beware if you visit the pool.
The air vent in our room had mold all over it. We did get pics of that. The bathroom had soap scum all around the faucet. If this stuff is cleaned daily this wouldn't happen. Can't wait till the Golden Nugget opens.

• Stayed August 2014
kmod75
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

My wife and I spent a Friday and Saturday night here. We’ve been talking about going for a couple of years and finally made it. All in all, a very pleasant stay and look forward to returning. The property is very nice and very well maintained. We had a pool view room on the 11th floor – very clean with modern décor. If you happen to frequent Las Vegas, this is very comparable in terms of rooms, gaming and amenities. Pool area is very large, but tends to crowd up. If you want a chair, need to get there early or be prepared to wait for one to open up. We ate at Ember, Jack Daniels restaurant and the Asian restaurant. Food at all three was good. (Ember is upscale and pricey) If you happen to leave something at home, no worries, there’s plenty of shops that cover clothing, gifts, and toiletries. Didn’t play golf but course looked nice.

Majority of the clientele is from Texas, specifically Houston. We happened to run into friends by total coincidence.

This place might have the nicest staff I’ve ever experienced at a hotel/resort. Anywhere you go there’s someone asking if they can help or give directions. Was very impressed by every staff member we encountered.

Word to the wise, when using the pool beware of Austin the security guard. This guy repels from the palm trees if he see’s you without a pool wristband.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Amy M, Operational Excellence Director at L'Auberge Casino Resort Lake Charles, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Thank you so much for the great review! We work hard to provide the highest quality service and amenities.

Amy McFarlain
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

Very nice hotel resort in a very ugly location. This is a beautiful hotel and casino is very nice but tight with the slots. Both days we were there, storms were in the area so the pool was closed down but great pool area just not able to use for safety reasons. Room was nice and clean. Black out curtains were great and I slept very well. My only complaint was only about little things....housekeeping forgot to leave coffee cups, but coffee pot was broken anyway. The usual little problems with other guests... TV next door too loud parents allowing their little preciousness children to wander under other peoples feet in a crowded hotel, or the older kids to run up and down hallways screaming and making noise during the night. It's really about good manners. The hotel staff had them but hotel guests did not. There is nothing remotely attractive about Lake Charles I would never swim in the lake by the hotel nor would I allow my children to do so. Overall, I liked it I would go again. If you don't like crowds and undisciplined/unruly children underfoot then it's not the place for you

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Been to L'Auberge Casino Resort Lake Charles? Share your experiences!