“Nice room but.........” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 28 hotels in Lake Charles
Shreveport, Louisiana
“Nice room but.........”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Overall the room was okay. When I went to use the restroom I noticed hair on the wall by the toilet, which is never a good sign. I mean, if they cannot see the obvious, then what else have they missed. Bed was very comfortable, nice size rooms and the Asian restaurant does not have brown rice. I enjoyed the spa area as I was having major back pain. Would I go back, maybe. As usual, parking is far away from the hotel rooms even if you use valet, which I did not.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

667 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here many times and am sad to say this property's standards are slipping. Housekeeping was a joke. Found a bottle cap in my bed. Coffee cups were left over from prior guest. Food from room service was called pot roast but appeared to be slab of old prime rib with canned gravy poured over. $45 for a serving of mashed potatoes, since meat was disgusting.
Second day, bed was pulled up on one side, over magazine. Room smelled stale. Bath amenities were not replenished. Once lovely view of bridge is now blocked by construction. Mike the bellman, continues to be first rate employee and best service person on the entire property.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Yoakum, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stayed there on August 5,2013 overnight. We parked vehicle in general parking. We moved because an attendant from valet told us it was safer in valet and free. When we arrived home and unpacked things from our vacation in Florida (Disney) we found a box was missing. I called and talked to the valet supervisor twice. He told me his boss would call me the next day. To this day I have not received a call. I know they are not responsible for items left in car, but maybe they should hire some honest people or pay them more so they will not turn to stealing to get by. So much for free valet. I think next time I"ll take my chancees in general parking.

Room Tip: Park in general parking if you do not want people going or stealing your belongings.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
The Woodlands, texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Let's start that this was my selection for my birthday at the end of August and it was for a three night stay.. We got a very good room on the third floor, but there was a ledge that obstructed our view of the pool. Suggest a higher floor, but watch out about rooms with o view of the garage. The rooms are very nice and the beds are fantastic.
Now, we can go to the restaurants on location. Get ready to pay for a decent breakfast at least thirty(30) dollars. We ate supper at the "Jack Daniel's" cafe. The food was cold on arrival. After this experience, we ate supper at an off-location restaurant.
Played golf on Sunday afternoon. The coarse is great, but watch out for what they charge you for a round of golf. They had a fee of $39.00 for the afternoon session. They tried to charge me $107.00. Make sure you know the green fees prior to start. When I ask why the difference, they said I had a resort fee…..Watch them and ask before you start.

The casino is great…….We won on a machine $3000. That doesn't mean you will, but that left a good taste after zoom not so great experiences.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hempstead, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Awesome breakfast buffet, great incentives to revisit, very clean and comfortable...but if you play slots, be prepared for high max bets even on penny and nickel machines and not many wins (even on a Saturday night when the casino was full and hotel was overbooked by 30+ rooms). Also, we sat out on the patio for dinner by the pool area and waited for over 2 hours for our food to arrive....upon which only 2 out of 4 dishes came out. The server asked "if" we were missing anything and we had to then give him the order for our other 2 entrees a second time. Then about 15-20 minutes later 1 more entree came out and it was another 5 minutes to get the final one. I must note that the food was awesome....just horrible service.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

This was the first time we stayed at this resort. We arrived very early in the day and too soon for checkout so we hung out in jacks and watched some football with some friendly people. By halftime we checked in and it was a breeze. It rained all the way from Houston to Louisiana and about 36 hours straight so we didn't get a chance to see the pool. We are not big gamblers so we were pretty clueless on the buffet but were told by friends to go. Needless to say the casino staff acted clueless for some reason when I asked about it. We ended up dining in a diner on property but I was disappointed about the buffet. I did get some sushi while there and it was great. All in all out stay was nice.

• Stayed December 2012
Houston, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Lake Charles doesn't have a lot of decent business class hotels, so I opted for a stay at the L'Auberge recently. It was only $20 a night more than the Wyndham Wingate hotel, and the amenities were much nicer. After a long day on the road and in a non-home office environment, it is nice to have full a full service hotel with in-room dining attend to my needs. I'll likely stay here again the next time I'm in LC.

Room Tip: If you're a non-smoker, be sure to specify that when reserving your room. A lot of out of state...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to L'Auberge Casino Resort Lake Charles? Share your experiences!