Some friends had comp rooms from their previous gambling lark and invited the girl to go this time, too. Glad I did! There's a lot to do there (including poker, my fav) and it's a very nice place that isn't too far from South Texas. Check-in was a breeze and the rooms were delightful. One was handicapped-accessible and the little details meant a lot to our friend. The beds are really comfortable and well-made up - love those heavy thread sheets. Sometimes the noises in the hall can be heard, but overall it's a quiet and restful room.
Staff is easy to find, ready to do whatever, and very friendly. The morning cleaning staff respected the "let me sleep" signs and happily returned later when we asked, and did a great job getting our room in order.
We had several meals in Le Cafe and even though our servers were almost all beginners, they were pretty good. We had lots of "special" requests in our party and the restaurant made great effort to meet the requests. I had excellent 'surf & turf' of steak and lobster on Thursday night, while a friend had to-die-for bisque. Breakfasts were terrific - more than enough for more than little ol me!
The outdoor areas are well maintained, and it's sure nice to have one place for families with small children and another for adults only. Again, service at the pool was outstanding - I probably drank a schooner of mimosas! There's golf but we didn't partake. And Tthe shops are appealing - we had a lot of fun poking around in the different ones.
I'd tell you about my casino experiences, too - but what happens in LA stays in LA!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Full service casino resort offering non-stop Vegas style gaming with 70 table games and over 1,600 slot machines, championship Tom Fazio golf course, full service Spa du Lac, resort pool and lazy river, unique retail shopping, 6 innovative dining outlets, 26-story casually elegant hotel with 1,000 rooms, suites and villas plus big name entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your L'Auberge Casino Resort Lake Charles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- l`Auberge Du Lac Hotel Lake Charles
- Laberge Casino
- l Auberge Du Lac Resort
- Lauberge Du Lac Hotel & Casino
- La Berge Du Lac
- Laberge Du Lac Casino
- Laberge Dulac