I stayed here on a Friday night. Our room was on the 17th floor of main tower. It was 2queen beds non smoking. For $290 you would expect a better room. Hotel was not sold out. Room was dated and stale. Old furniture and big CRT TV. No ipod dock or high def TV. Mattress was worn and flimsy. To top it off they have the nerve to want $11 for wifi. Luckily I had my own wifi. I did not like the fact that maid service was knocking on my door at 9 am on a Saturday morning.
Not a great place to watch sporting events either. No sports book is a drag. It was hopeless trying to watch an NBA playoff game in high-def. FYI this review is not from a sore loser. I left the casino a winner. I just expected a better value for what was paid for the room. I hear some rooms have been remodeled. If so, they were not on the 17th floor. Hotel seem to be geared towards gambling and golf. Guess what....no golf after dark. Maybe a live band and better lounge on weekends would help.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Full service casino resort offering non-stop Vegas style gaming with 70 table games and over 1,600 slot machines, championship Tom Fazio golf course, full service Spa du Lac, resort pool and lazy river, unique retail shopping, 6 innovative dining outlets, 26-story casually elegant hotel with 1,000 rooms, suites and villas plus big name entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your L'Auberge Casino Resort Lake Charles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- l`Auberge Du Lac Hotel Lake Charles
- Laberge Casino
- l Auberge Du Lac Resort
- Lauberge Du Lac Hotel & Casino
- La Berge Du Lac
- Laberge Du Lac Casino
- Laberge Dulac