“Worst money ever spent on hotel room.......” 3 of 5 stars

You added L'Auberge Casino Resort Lake Charles to your Saves list
L'Auberge Casino Resort Lake Charles
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   777 Avenue L'Auberge, Lake Charles, LA 70601   |
Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Lake Charles
“Worst money ever spent on hotel room.......”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on a Friday night. Our room was on the 17th floor of main tower. It was 2queen beds non smoking. For $290 you would expect a better room. Hotel was not sold out. Room was dated and stale. Old furniture and big CRT TV. No ipod dock or high def TV. Mattress was worn and flimsy. To top it off they have the nerve to want $11 for wifi. Luckily I had my own wifi. I did not like the fact that maid service was knocking on my door at 9 am on a Saturday morning.
Not a great place to watch sporting events either. No sports book is a drag. It was hopeless trying to watch an NBA playoff game in high-def. FYI this review is not from a sore loser. I left the casino a winner. I just expected a better value for what was paid for the room. I hear some rooms have been remodeled. If so, they were not on the 17th floor. Hotel seem to be geared towards gambling and golf. Guess what....no golf after dark. Maybe a live band and better lounge on weekends would help.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Gregory B, Manager at L'Auberge Casino Resort Lake Charles, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for providing valuable feedback regarding your latest experience. Please allow me to again apologize about the service failures you experienced. It is important to us that our guest’s enjoy every aspect of their stay. Feedback like yours has allowed us the opportunity to improve the product we provide in our hotel. We will begin the last phase of our hotel renovation at the conclusion of the summer season, which includes the 17th floor you stayed on. I am glad we were able to discuss your visit and have you return to L’Auberge so you may experience the best of what we have to offer. Let me know when you would like to return and I would be delighted to assist with the details of your reservation.

Gregory Bass, Continuous Improvement Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Burkburnett, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We stayed in a suite on the 2nd floor, it was beautiful, the amenities too numerous to name, including a Kuerig coffee maker. Very clean and very spacious. The bathroom was gorgeous. The entire staff in the hotel and casino were extremely pleasant and knowledgeable. We did not have one bad encounter the entire weekend. Our room overlooked the 2 pools and lazy river. Although we were there over a weekend, we didn't have any problem with loud music or noise, and the lazy river was full of children all the time. The landscaping is so lovely, you can actually believe you are on a tropical island, not in Louisiana. And to make it even better, we actually won a little money in the casino. We plan to go back as often as possible.

DeRidder, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

After booking a non smoking luxury king bed room online, we arrived on Friday evening around 7 pm. When checking in we were advised they had no non smoking king rooms available. They could offer us two queens non smoking or a smoking king. When inquiring as to why not available since that is what I reserved, I was informed that the reservation only guarantees a room but not a specific type room. So, I inquired if a price reduction would occur since I was getting queen and not king. The young lady stated all rooms are the same price. At that point I had no choice but to accept the two queen non smoking room. The room was nice but it was not what we had requested. Therefore, I will no longer stay here. I will drive a mile down the road and get the room I request for a lot less money too.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We stayed in Room 835 on Monday, April 22nd. Be sure to ask for a newly-remodeled room upon check in. The new rooms are AWESOME. Got a King bed and the new bed was very comfortable, new pillow top bedding, new carpeting and a flat screen tv mounted to the walls. The 8th floor also had new, plush carpeting in the room lobby, too. Had breakfast at the Le Cafe restaurant--this restaurant is very pricy but service was fast and food was good. The only downside was that the slots in the casino were EXTREMELY TIGHT; nothing hit after 7 hours of play.

Room Tip: Choose newly remodeled room on 8th floor of Main Tower and ask for a room away from the elevators.
Orangefield, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Coming Into This Casino Feels Like I Have Just Entered LThis caegas. I Have Eaten The Buffet When This Casino First Opened And The Food Used To Be Horrible Back Then, Now I Decided To Try The Buffet Again Especially With The Boiled Crawfish And The Food Is The Best I Have Eaten. They Really Made A Drastic Improvement On The Buffet Over The Years Since They First Opened. I Have Stayed In The Hotel Before For One Night To Try Out The Lazy River And It Was Very Fun. Room Were Very Nice Back Then But The Only Complaint I Have About The Lazy River And The Pool Were The Nasty And Disgusting Cigarette Butts Floating Around In The Water. It Made Me Feel Like I Was Swimming In An Ashtray. I Just Wish They Will Ban Smoking In The Water And Put A Designated Smoking Area In The Pool Area Away From The Water. Most Other Casino Resorts I Go To Do Not Allow Smoking In The Pool. Overall, This Is A Great Destination.

• Stayed April 2013
Nicholasville, Kentucky, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I have been to many casino/hotels in various cities including several in Las Vegas and I can truthfully say that this is one of the best that I have visited. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the casino was spacious and had a large selection of slots to choose from. There were a variety of restaurants to choose from and all that we visited on our 3-day trip had excellent service and food. The room was smaller than we have had at several of the other casino/hotels, especially the bathroom but it was really clean and comfortable.

The comp program was one of the best we have participated in -
one-for-one play or cash redemption, two for one in the shops and restaurants. We were told up front what the promotions were and they were posted throughout the casino so that it made it easy for patrons to understand. The weather was not good enough to play golf but we saw what appeared to be a really nice golf course which we will most likely play on our next trip,

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

The room on the 16th floor we stayed in needs carpet, beds, new furniture. I felt like I was in an old run down motel in a big city. The employees service level was below average at best. They are just pitting in their time. Not sure on my next business trip if I would stay here. Accomodatoons overall very very average.

• Stayed April 2013

Been to L'Auberge Casino Resort Lake Charles? Share your experiences!