“Wonderful Weekend” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in Lake Charles
Burkburnett, Texas
“Wonderful Weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We stayed in a suite on the 2nd floor, it was beautiful, the amenities too numerous to name, including a Kuerig coffee maker. Very clean and very spacious. The bathroom was gorgeous. The entire staff in the hotel and casino were extremely pleasant and knowledgeable. We did not have one bad encounter the entire weekend. Our room overlooked the 2 pools and lazy river. Although we were there over a weekend, we didn't have any problem with loud music or noise, and the lazy river was full of children all the time. The landscaping is so lovely, you can actually believe you are on a tropical island, not in Louisiana. And to make it even better, we actually won a little money in the casino. We plan to go back as often as possible.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
DeRidder, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

After booking a non smoking luxury king bed room online, we arrived on Friday evening around 7 pm. When checking in we were advised they had no non smoking king rooms available. They could offer us two queens non smoking or a smoking king. When inquiring as to why not available since that is what I reserved, I was informed that the reservation only guarantees a room but not a specific type room. So, I inquired if a price reduction would occur since I was getting queen and not king. The young lady stated all rooms are the same price. At that point I had no choice but to accept the two queen non smoking room. The room was nice but it was not what we had requested. Therefore, I will no longer stay here. I will drive a mile down the road and get the room I request for a lot less money too.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We stayed in Room 835 on Monday, April 22nd. Be sure to ask for a newly-remodeled room upon check in. The new rooms are AWESOME. Got a King bed and the new bed was very comfortable, new pillow top bedding, new carpeting and a flat screen tv mounted to the walls. The 8th floor also had new, plush carpeting in the room lobby, too. Had breakfast at the Le Cafe restaurant--this restaurant is very pricy but service was fast and food was good. The only downside was that the slots in the casino were EXTREMELY TIGHT; nothing hit after 7 hours of play.

Room Tip: Choose newly remodeled room on 8th floor of Main Tower and ask for a room away from the elevators.
Orangefield, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Coming Into This Casino Feels Like I Have Just Entered LThis caegas. I Have Eaten The Buffet When This Casino First Opened And The Food Used To Be Horrible Back Then, Now I Decided To Try The Buffet Again Especially With The Boiled Crawfish And The Food Is The Best I Have Eaten. They Really Made A Drastic Improvement On The Buffet Over The Years Since They First Opened. I Have Stayed In The Hotel Before For One Night To Try Out The Lazy River And It Was Very Fun. Room Were Very Nice Back Then But The Only Complaint I Have About The Lazy River And The Pool Were The Nasty And Disgusting Cigarette Butts Floating Around In The Water. It Made Me Feel Like I Was Swimming In An Ashtray. I Just Wish They Will Ban Smoking In The Water And Put A Designated Smoking Area In The Pool Area Away From The Water. Most Other Casino Resorts I Go To Do Not Allow Smoking In The Pool. Overall, This Is A Great Destination.

• Stayed April 2013
Nicholasville, Kentucky, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I have been to many casino/hotels in various cities including several in Las Vegas and I can truthfully say that this is one of the best that I have visited. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the casino was spacious and had a large selection of slots to choose from. There were a variety of restaurants to choose from and all that we visited on our 3-day trip had excellent service and food. The room was smaller than we have had at several of the other casino/hotels, especially the bathroom but it was really clean and comfortable.

The comp program was one of the best we have participated in -
one-for-one play or cash redemption, two for one in the shops and restaurants. We were told up front what the promotions were and they were posted throughout the casino so that it made it easy for patrons to understand. The weather was not good enough to play golf but we saw what appeared to be a really nice golf course which we will most likely play on our next trip,

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

The room on the 16th floor we stayed in needs carpet, beds, new furniture. I felt like I was in an old run down motel in a big city. The employees service level was below average at best. They are just pitting in their time. Not sure on my next business trip if I would stay here. Accomodatoons overall very very average.

• Stayed April 2013
Richmond, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Walking in with a country feel two big fireplaces welcomes you. The casino is great. Lots of slots and table games. I love the grill cheese sandwiches from the cafe----grill cheese with crawfish is the best and just fell in love with the buffalo chicken. The all you can eat buffet offers a little something for everyone.......My absolute favorite is the bed don't make the mistake of laying down before going out you may never leave the room. The lazy river pool has a nice touch with an adult only pool for grown-up time

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms are great
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Been to L'Auberge Casino Resort Lake Charles? Share your experiences!