“Nice but a little noisy” 3 of 5 stars

L'Auberge Casino Resort Lake Charles
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   777 Avenue L'Auberge, Lake Charles, LA 70601   |
Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Lake Charles
Dallas, Texas
“Nice but a little noisy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I stayed at the L'Auberge for a conference and it was a nice hotel, but the noise from the construction was really loud. Also, the shower in my room wasn't the cleanest and squirted water everywhere.

Would have like to workout but my company doesn't cover spa fees and you have to pay $10 to use the gym.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
Texas City, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay. Check in was a breeze and the staff was nothing but pleasant and helpful. Our room was very clean and accommodating. Had a nice view of the pool area. Enjoyed the seafood buffet. Everything we ate was delicious. Looking forward to our next visit, soon.

• Stayed February 2013
Spring, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

First time to stay here on Saturday February 3rd. Had a wonderful time, despite losing some money. Jack Daniels restaurant was amazing. Got home 2 1/2 hours away and realized I left my wallet and close to $300 cash in the safe in our room. I called and spoke with Susan at 9am. She told me the room I was in was occupied, but that the couple would be checking out at 11am. She gave me her cell phone number, and told me she'd call once she got in the room. She called around 11:30 to let me know all of my belongings were in her possession. Such a relief. She is even mailing it to me without charging me. L'Auberge has my vote and I will definitely be returning, sooner than later. I hope to meet Susan next time and thank her for her concern and kindness!!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the odd side of the 5th foor have great pool views.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Although there was construction going on on ,it was not in any way a problem. Our room looked as though it had been renovated. One restaurant, in particular, was exceptional. Le cafe. Food was reasonably priced and very good. We ate dinner. Had roasted chicken, garlic mashed pot, fresh green beans. Mushroom gravy. Generous portions. Could not have been better. For breakfast we had BLT on sour dough bread . Fried egg also on BLT. Grits on side. Bread was toasted just enough. All was delicious.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Bossier City, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

As with all casino hotels, LOTS of walking to get to front desk, restaurants, hotel room, casino, and banquet rooms so you expect that going in. Staff was friendly and helpful. Hotel room was very nice, very comfortable bed, etc. I was with a group so hotel was only $92/night - very reasonable. Only 2 nitpicky things to say - sleeping room and bathroom both really dark, even with every light on. At least there was a makeup mirror in the bathroom but difficult to work or read in the bedroom. I was there on a business trip and realize most of their guests are just there for fun but they charge $10.99/24 hours for wi-fi in the rooms and it always annoys me when hotels do that -it'd be better to just up the price of the room. And it's a charge PER device so if you have a laptop and ipad (or you and your spouse each have both), the charge is significant. That being said, would stay here again.

Room Tip: Currently undergoing construction so some rooms have noise during their work hours of 7 am - 7 pm bu...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Houston tx
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Very pleased with updates to rooms. Almost didn't go back & am glad I did. Our room, 1159 in the Tower was gorgeous, clean & comfortable.Love the new colors & am happy to see the cow theme gone.Very relaxing. Staff pleasant & helpful. Enjoyed being outside a bit on a great day & appreciated lazy river pool area open for relaxation.

Room Tip: Pool lake view is great this time of year. Can be noisy in summer.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Missouri City, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We have visited L'Auberge several times a year since it opened. Oour lst three visits we have noticed the the hotel property is really becoming run down and the amentities keep dwindling. The furniture in our room was all beat up and the carpets well worn. When tey first opened they had complemtery robes ad slippers no but no more. Water was free now $2.50 . Pens repalced with pencils. No hotel literature or TV station listing and so on.Each a mior thing but adds up to cost cutting or just not caring.

The casino for slot players is is tight ,tight, tight.

We hav cancelled our March trp and tink we we next get the urge we will try a different location.

Room Tip: I they are near capacity try to get them to put you in the Spinghill Suites -they di that for us abo...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to L'Auberge Casino Resort Lake Charles? Share your experiences!