“1st timers, all good but......” 4 of 5 stars

L'Auberge Casino Resort Lake Charles
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   777 Avenue L'Auberge, Lake Charles, LA 70601   |
Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in Lake Charles
Houston, Texas
“1st timers, all good but......”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2011

We spent Sunday and Monday 3RD/4TH APR, at LDL and over all had a good experience,
it was our 1st time there. The free valet parking was very nice and check in a breeze.
The room was fine, and had met all of our needs with a nice view of the pool area.
The casino wasnt very busy, but was laid out nicely with a self serve non-alchohol
beverage station .Did have small issue with the 25.00 mins at the Black jack tbls,
seem a little crazy for a sun/mon-nite? My girlfriend had a massage and facial at the spa
and enjoyed that very much.

We ate at 3 of the restuarants. And here's where the LDL comes up a little short,
early mon-morn, 2am or so, we go to "Le Cafe", not busy, but unusually,
everything seemed to take longer than expected, the food was fine, but little things,
basic stuff had to be waited on at that time of the morn.The kid said he had to go to the casino to get change for my twenty???

Mon-afternoon 1pm we went to the buffet and were surprized,
it was really good, with a huge variety, still nice and hot
and the Chef out and about checking on the items. But then,
POOF, our waiter disappered, hey I know it's a buffet,
but after the drinks, gone, not even a c-ya?? Had to call
another kid over for tea.

OK, monday nite around 945p, go to Jack Daniels place to eat,
maybe we should'nt have, seems to be more of a nightclub, but anyway,
here we go. Had 1 of the 3? hostesses seat us, and was approached by
the waitress who by the way was training a newer gal,
managed to get drinks ok, but it went down hill from that point.
Shared a wedge salad, no extra plate when asked, or no bread served,
GF ordered filet at 30.00, (medium-temp),it was raw in the middle,
and her fresh seasonal veggies, were wilted green beans.
I had the pork chops, and I'm sure i didnt read on the menu
that they were served in a deep pool of "whatever" sauce, and thinly cut??
I got thru the McDonalds "steak" fries, but when we got
to the middle of the filet, we were done. So when
the waitress came by from chatting up at the front area
with the rest of the crew we told her we were thru and werent
going to pay for the filet. The MGR soon came by and we expressed
our feelings and she understood, and said we didnt have to pay for anything,
I said great and we're outta here and handed her the wedge salad plate
which was still there, and suggested they might want to consider
another person for service training???

The kids LDL have working in these food service positions may need
a pep-talk,you know working at a nice casino and probably making
pretty good money would make me a bit complacent too???

Seriously, the over all attitude of the staff was great,
folks saying hello, asking if we needed anything, giving directions
and suggestions, wonderful. We had a good time and look forward
to going back, beside a few restuarant service issues, LDL has my gaming business.

stickyTex

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2011

They lack attention to details all around!! The Restaurants, the service, cleanliness of the rooms, $25 minimum on black jack tables (really even on a Monday?) and the worst is they DON'T CARE! Don't waste your time any longer at LDL, you will only be disappointed!! Go to Vegas!! Their name should be Laberge de LACK! More fitting.

San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2011

I go to L' Auberge alot, I really have not had any complaints other than the slots seem to be getting tighter. We went during spring break and I hardly recognized the pool area. It was packed with kids, I counted 19 kids at one time in one of the hot tubs. Most of the kids were not in proper swimming attire, they were wearing regular clothing and I even seen one kid in blue jean pants in the pool. Most of the children did not appear to be accompanied by an adult. I was disappointed that the pool staff did not uphold the pool rules (proper swimming attire required, no children in the hot tub, adult supervision) There was even a lady rinsing and wringing out her kids clothing in the hot tub like if she was washing cloths in a river or something. We NEVER had any of the cocktail waitresses come up and ask our drink order. Like I said, this was the first time the pool was a let down and I hope it's the last because I really do like going to L'Auberge.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

This was our 11th wedding anniversary and we decided to treat ourselves to a luxurious adventure, our first visit. I can't even begin to describe any other feature in this hotel because we were so overwhelmed by a horrible experience. I know this is so gross but my husband I were awoken, multiple times, during the night to the loud moaning of a woman in the throws of passion coming through the vent! Imagine being dead asleep and then being woken up by that noise! I have never been so grossed out in all my life, and this went on and off for well over an hour. We'd fall asleep and then get woken up again. About the fourth time, I finally was so angry that I called the front desk to complain and they said they were sending up security. We felt unbelievably violated. No amenities could make us feel okay about that. We felt like we were staying in a brothel. Horrible horrible experience. Nasty! This is a real problem if the rooms are such that private matters are heard through the vents.

Lafayette, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

I stayed here over a year ago and remember how everything seemed top of the line. But after this last stay, I don't think I will be going back. The woman at the front desk was rude and made me feel like I was inconveniencing her. Once in the room, I had to request a robe (which on the website indicates a robe in every room). Even then, I had to wait several hours (and call twice for it). The next day, we left our room at 10 am, upon returning at 4 pm, housekeeping still had not cleaned it. I called and asked if our room would be getting cleaned for that day, and the woman informed me that there are over 1000 rooms in the hotel, and that I had to wait (once again, I felt like I was inconveniencing the employees). The only thing that was really worth our stay was the excellent pool area. But I am afraid to say that I will not be going back. We can find somewhere else to spend our money where employees do not treat us like an inconvenience.

The Woodlands, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2011

We haven't been there in almost 10 months which is unusual for us. We are always comped for rooms and food so we really shouldn't complain but this trip we noticed several changes. The good news is that my wife and I both came out big winners which is unusual for us!

Room .... carpet was filthy along with a chair and a vent over the toilet was loaded with huge clumps of dust. They have eliminated bottled water in rooms along with Starbucks Coffee and replaced it with a cheaper brand. Robes also eliminated along with their own house keeping crew, it is now out sourced. We have had several rooms in this hotel and only once did the room have a shower stall. Stepping into a tub to shower is not very convenient for elderly people and is a health risk. They have never had insulated ice buckets in the rooms in the six years they have been opened which is a joke. Their excuse for an ice bucket is a large glass container, ice melts in an hour.

The Snake River Grill is gone and has been replaced by Embers. We ate there last night and ordered a 42 oz. Rib Eye for two (medium) for $109.00 with salads, veggies appetizers, etc. The Rib Eye was served damn near raw after waiting over an hour. They took it back and supposedly put it in the oven as it was cut at the table for us when originally served. Upon it's return it was cold and full of fat and tasteless. I felt sorry for the server, he did not prepare this mess, he did have the Manager visit the table and he took it off the bill which we were not going to pay anyway as we are comped for all of the food, bottom line we were in this place for almost two hours and did not eat a meal.

The casino was busy and had several new slot machines since our last trip and my wife had some big hits for a change. I also had good luck at the Black Jack tables during our two night stay. Everyone one in the casino was very accomodating and professional that we encountered and drink service fast and we never had to wait long for a server to make her rounds.

After all of the complaining we will go back as it is an easy drive from Houston and we like to gamble. We do prefer the Beau Rivage in Biloxi and of course Las Vegas but we can drive to Lake Charles in less than three hours.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2011

The room 'lighting' was pitiful. In the main portion of the room there were only three bulbs, all the small-base chandelier type, and one of those was burned out! No easy chair.

Enjoyed the free valet parking! Everything else was OK. And since there are not too many casino resort hotels within driving distance of Houston, I'll recommend it.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to L'Auberge Casino Resort Lake Charles? Share your experiences!