We spent Sunday and Monday 3RD/4TH APR, at LDL and over all had a good experience,
it was our 1st time there. The free valet parking was very nice and check in a breeze.
The room was fine, and had met all of our needs with a nice view of the pool area.
The casino wasnt very busy, but was laid out nicely with a self serve non-alchohol
beverage station .Did have small issue with the 25.00 mins at the Black jack tbls,
seem a little crazy for a sun/mon-nite? My girlfriend had a massage and facial at the spa
and enjoyed that very much.
We ate at 3 of the restuarants. And here's where the LDL comes up a little short,
early mon-morn, 2am or so, we go to "Le Cafe", not busy, but unusually,
everything seemed to take longer than expected, the food was fine, but little things,
basic stuff had to be waited on at that time of the morn.The kid said he had to go to the casino to get change for my twenty???
Mon-afternoon 1pm we went to the buffet and were surprized,
it was really good, with a huge variety, still nice and hot
and the Chef out and about checking on the items. But then,
POOF, our waiter disappered, hey I know it's a buffet,
but after the drinks, gone, not even a c-ya?? Had to call
another kid over for tea.
OK, monday nite around 945p, go to Jack Daniels place to eat,
maybe we should'nt have, seems to be more of a nightclub, but anyway,
here we go. Had 1 of the 3? hostesses seat us, and was approached by
the waitress who by the way was training a newer gal,
managed to get drinks ok, but it went down hill from that point.
Shared a wedge salad, no extra plate when asked, or no bread served,
GF ordered filet at 30.00, (medium-temp),it was raw in the middle,
and her fresh seasonal veggies, were wilted green beans.
I had the pork chops, and I'm sure i didnt read on the menu
that they were served in a deep pool of "whatever" sauce, and thinly cut??
I got thru the McDonalds "steak" fries, but when we got
to the middle of the filet, we were done. So when
the waitress came by from chatting up at the front area
with the rest of the crew we told her we were thru and werent
going to pay for the filet. The MGR soon came by and we expressed
our feelings and she understood, and said we didnt have to pay for anything,
I said great and we're outta here and handed her the wedge salad plate
which was still there, and suggested they might want to consider
another person for service training???
The kids LDL have working in these food service positions may need
a pep-talk,you know working at a nice casino and probably making
pretty good money would make me a bit complacent too???
Seriously, the over all attitude of the staff was great,
folks saying hello, asking if we needed anything, giving directions
and suggestions, wonderful. We had a good time and look forward
to going back, beside a few restuarant service issues, LDL has my gaming business.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Full service casino resort offering non-stop Vegas style gaming with 70 table games and over 1,600 slot machines, championship Tom Fazio golf course, full service Spa du Lac, resort pool and lazy river, unique retail shopping, 6 innovative dining outlets, 26-story casually elegant hotel with 1,000 rooms, suites and villas plus big name entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your L'Auberge Casino Resort Lake Charles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- l`Auberge Du Lac Hotel Lake Charles
- Laberge Casino
- l Auberge Du Lac Resort
- Lauberge Du Lac Hotel & Casino
- La Berge Du Lac
- Laberge Du Lac Casino
- Laberge Dulac