“Will be staying elsewhere for business” 1 of 5 stars

America's Best Inn and Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   401 Lakeshore Drive, Lake Charles, LA 70601   |
Ranked #23 of 29 Hotels in Lake Charles
Lafayette, Louisiana
“Will be staying elsewhere for business”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I stayed at this hotel quite often when I was in Lake Charles for business. Everything was fine until the clerk "Cashmere" handed me my key. When I got to my room, there was already someone in the room---and obviously friends of hers judging by the way they spoke with one another. I was put into another room. While I was passing through the lobby, I heard this same clerk saying such horrible things to her coworker--and threatening him with bodily harm. Very unprofessional and disturbing. As I was returning from a meeting another day, I happened to glance behind the counter as I walked past it, and she was slipping two huge knives into a drawer at the desk!!!! WTH??? She is obviously unbalanced. I no longer feel safe in this hotel with this woman working there, and I will be bringing my business elsewhere until she is terminated.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
David R, General Manager at America's Best Inn and Suites, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Jennifer
First of all, I want to apologize for the desk rep giving you a key to an occupied room. That's unacceptable and I will follow up on this error. If you would call or email me the room number you stayed in I can follow up on what happened. I tried your name indicated on the comment you sent but I cannot locate you as a registered guest. Any help will be appreciated so that I can get to the bottom of this. Your business is very important and we would like to have you come back.
Again, please contact me.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Lake City, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

frist night wrong room second room never cleaned third room back to wrong room its all they had even though i had reves. next day alady checks out iam able to get room i reseverd . first thing tolit unbolted from floor they never fixed third day ceiling fan catches fire no response from management. fifth day checkout managment would not come out of office and talk to me desk clerk said will give him message. they dont care if you come back they got you the first time around . nothing from management no iam sorry no discount nothing poor very poor

Room Tip: dont stay here
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
generalmanager5966, General Manager at America's Best Inn and Suites, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
I personally apologize for the inconvenience you encountered during your stay. One poor experience is too many for us. We continue to listen to guests and are doing everything possible to ensure we deliver the services our guests expect. We value your patronage and appreciate your business. I am very sorry your expectaions were not met. We would like the opportunity to earn your business back by providing you with a complimentry night stay should you ever make it back to Lake Charles. Again, I apologize and hope you will give us another chance to show why we are America's BEST Suites.
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

We stayed two nights here and it was just ok. They had unplugged the refrigerator and the melting ice must have flooded the floor because it was damp and smelled musty. The room was pretty old but clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They had a Friday night managers welcome with free appetizers, pulled pork sandwiches and two free beers. We went for Contraband Days festival which was right across the street. You are also walking distance from the historic downtown. As stated before, OK hotel, but for $90 a night, expected more.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
generalmanager5966, General Manager at America's Best Inn and Suites, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
We just wanted to say thank you for your comments and also apologize for the refrigerator issue you had during your stay. I have followed up with my staff to prevent that from happening again. We appreciate the time out of your busy schedule to comment on your stay with America's Best Suites. We want every guest to have a "great" stay and not just an "OK" stay. We hope you will stay with us again soon. Again, THANKYOU.
texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

We made a last minute trip to Lake Charles and booked this hotel on the internet from home. For the price it was ok. Nothing special. It was comfortable, the ac worked fine. 2 tvs in the room. Questionable clean bathtub. We spent 2 nights. Housekeeping made our beds but did not clean the room. Not a huge problem. There was a slight stale cigarette smell in the room. All in all it wasn't too bad. We've stayed in worse. The desk clerk was very nice.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Thankyou for your comments. I do apologize that you felt the room and the bathtub did not look or feel clean We want every guest to be happy and feel comfortable during their stay. Rest assured, I have followed up with my housekeeping staff to make sure these issues are corrected. Again, we appreciate you letting us know how you feel and hope you will come back and stay with America's Best Suites again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

Just drove by and stopped. Looked at the internet and the reviews. It was a chance we took, but it was a good chance. I enjoyed my stay. Their breakfast was good too. Great Value and I am going back this weekend for part of my Spring Break.

Room Tip: Extremely close to the casino and ate at Steamboat Bill's Awsome place!!!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your comments as they are a great tool for us to continue providing great service to our guests. Look forward to seeing you again.
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

This hotel is old and run down. It should be a 1 star. We booked it based on reviews on Priceline, and ended up having to get our money back because it was so bad. When we first walked in, the hotel smelled of smoke and body odor. Even the non-smoking room we asked for smelled of smoke. We later found out a meth lab nearby had exploded and caused some of the horrible smells, but that still doesn't excuse the appearance of the hotel. The tile was broken everywhere, carpet flooring looked terrible, and everything was old and outdated.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
generalmanager5966, General Manager at America's Best Inn and Suites, responded to this review, February 18, 2012
I truly apologize for your the inconvenience you encountered when you arrived at our hotel. I met with my staff concerning the issues you mentioned and will follow up.There is no excuse and I am sorry we failed you. Your business is very important to us. I personally want to thank you for your comments so that we can address these issues immediately. If you have any other comments you would like to share please contact us directly. I would love another opportunity to show you why we are America's Best Suites. Thank you
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

I mde the mistake of staying based on recmendation of local ca bed and breakfast owner. Hotel is old and pictures on Internet are misleading. Go sewhere else!

• Stayed December 2011

Been to America's Best Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!