“Visiting Hubby's Family” 3 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #12 of 28 hotels in Lake Charles
“Visiting Hubby's Family”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

We spent five nights at this location. It was a good location: close to interstate, downtown historical area, and shopping needs. You do need a car to get around. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Breakfast has a small selection with a great pancake machine. The gym is small, but useable. We will stay there again.

Stayed July 2013
Mike D, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Charles, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for your very kind words. We are glad you and your family enjoyed your time with us and look forward to hosting you again soon. Until then, have a wonderful summer.

54 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Tyler, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Im here for business from time to time and always stay here. Good room/rate as Holiday inn normal. Felt like a safe area. Hop on/off freeway easy. Casinos short drive. Will stay here everytime. Typical HI breakfast.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing to stay with us...again and again! We appreciate the business but all of our staff members enjoy seeing the "regulars", whether it is every week, or 4-5 times a year. We hope you continue to experience the type of stay we aim to provide. We look forward to your next stay with us and hope to see you again soon.
Lawrenceville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I just want to say that Mike and the rest of the folks at the Holiday Inn Express on MLK, Jr. Hwy in Lake Charles go out of their way to make your stay flawless! I have lodged crews there several times recently for extended projects, and couldn't ask for better service. We will definitely continue to use their services in the future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for acknowledging the efforts of our staff. They work very hard each day and a compliment from a guest is like ten from a manager. We hope you continue to have great stays with us and allow us to provide the level of service to which you have become accustomed. Thank you again for choosing us and have a great rest of your summer.
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Hotel is just ok. Probably needs a updating of the rooms. Staff was ok, not overly friendly. Breakfast was the usual holiday inn express spread. I am elite status, staff did not seem to recognize it. Would not upgrade me.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Charles, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear temple1120,

Many thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am glad you found our staff commendable. I am sorry to hear you did not receive the full IHG Rewards Club recognition that you should be entitled to and apologize that the breakfast was less than satisfactory. I have passed this feedback on to our team and have implemented new procedures to ensure this does not occur in the future.

We hope that you will consider giving us another chance in the future. Thank you again for your comments.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

OK, here’s the deal, when I’ve been driving all day I do not want a hassle when I get to my hotel. I want friendly people who will give me the information I need to have a comfortable stay. You may think me old fashioned but I’m paying and I think that’s all that should be required of me. The people at Lake Charles were nice, not as nice as the people in Mobile but way better than the people in Beaumont. I’m thinking that Holiday Inn needs some standardization in their training program.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Galveston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Cleanliness is the single most important detail of any place that I stay. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Charles on Martin Luther King Highway is tops for cleanliness, starting at the front desk.
Add a knowledgeable, courteous and friendly staff.
This motel is "three for three" in the past year. They set the standard.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel has a good location to access the 10E bypass which can get you anywhere in the city within 10 minutes however depends on which way you coming its hard to get to the hotel without making a UTURN. The experience staying was nice only issue I had was the day time change the breakfast bar was shut down and many customers were hungry. I seen at least a dozen people come down to eat and couldn't however that was my own fault and we went to the Laburge casino to eat.

• Stayed March 2013
holidayinnexpresslak, Webmaster at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Charles, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your kind comments about our location. With a freeway location, u-turns are often inevitable, but most guests don’t find that too inconvenient. I’m sorry that there was some confusion about the breakfast hours with the time change. For any ways we contributed to this, I sincerely apologize. I hope we can have the pleasure of having you with us again soon.

Hotel Manager.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Charles? Share your experiences!