“Rude Rebecca” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Lake Charles
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
“Rude Rebecca”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

We just checked in. Normally, I do not leave views, however, I felt compelled to do so this time. The hotel is under construction which is fine and a normal part of business. However, the associate, "Rebecca," working at the front desk was extremely rude to my father when he did not hear her and did not understand that it was under construction. He asked for an accommodation for my mother who has a disability. He requested that she be on the first floor. She used a very angry tone when and told him that they were under construction and could not do that. He then asked if he could be near the elevator. She was continually rude to him and used a very demeaning tone. She told him that he could not read because it was under construction. The sign read "Men with toolbelts" or some other unclear statement. It was not very clear that it was under construction. Even so, she needs a lesson in patience and understanding and should not have been rude to my father especially when he was asking for accommodations for my mother. It saddens me that to this day that there are people ignorant and rude and continually treat people with disabilities in such a fashion. I hope that the manager and owner provides training at this location or at most fires this inconsiderate person.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
holidayinnexpresslak, Webmaster at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Charles, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings from the Holiday inn, Lake Charles!

Thanks for your stay and the review.

We shall definitely check and take action on your remark.

We won’t justify, but shall investigate on this and take necessary actions.

The concerned hotel staff, Rebecca has been taken to task.

Guest reviews always help us to improve.

You are always welcome to stay with us and we will offer you the best hospitality.

Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

Showed up there late as we were driving. When we tried to check in found out that according the "Louisiana State Law" no room can be rented to anyone under 21. I was travelling with some kids and cannot be in the same room as them for obvious reasons.

Funny that in all my stays in Louisiana, this has never happened. So on the next two nights, asked hotel staff and GM's and they never heard of such a law.

Terrible staff, very rude and was surprised. This year, will book over 100 hotel nights and thought of using Holiday Inn's, but have since changed my mind and will stay with Hilton's and Marriott's where customer service is top notch.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for the stay at the Holiday Inn and writing the review with observations.

We apologize for whatever may have happened howsoever.

Please note that we have investigated the unfortunate trouble you had, but have taken remedial steps to see that it never happens again to any of our guests.

Once again we are sorry for the same and please do rethink and visit us.

We will see that you get a nice experience.

Sacramento, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

Hotel GM is very rude and money hungry. He could care less about guest satifaction and only about the money. I WILL NEVER use this hotel again. Overcharged and refused to correct. Had to call guest assistance to get the money back.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thanks for choosing the Holiday Inn Express during your recent visit to our area.

We appreciate you for the review and regret the experience regarding the inconsiderate behavior of the hotel staff.

We have taken the concerned person to task, but at the same time have engaged a professional training team to educate the hotel staff.

We request you to make a note of our efforts and consider staying with us in future and have a new satisfactory experience.

Fayetteville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

I was coming to Lake Charles for a reunion, so needed to stay several days. The reservation was made in August by calling the hotel itself instead of the 800 number because I needed to know where it was located in relation to where the reunion was being held. I even had a confirmation number. When I called in early Oct. to confirm my reservation, they didn't have a record of it. I was upset. They told me to call the 800 number and they would probably have my record. I did and they had it. I have no idea why the actual location I had reserved the room at did not have my reservation, but they assured me I would have a room. Whew!

On our way to Lake Charles at the end of Oct. our plans changed and we needed to arrive a day early. I called early in the day to make the early reservation, but when we arrived, again, no record of my calling earlier in the day!! Fortunately, they did have a room, and all ended well.

The hotel is in a kind of run-down part of town, just off Interstate 10. There is a fence around the hotel and the doors are locked in the evening and only guests with key cards can enter. The hotel itself is very nice looking, pretty, and clean. Small things such as a crazy microwave that kept beeping even though turned off, the coffee pot set on the opposite side of the sink from the plug, were not signifigant problems. The bed was very comfortable.

The complimentary breakfast includes pancakes you make on a machine, cereal, breakfast breads, sausage, omlets, fruit, yogurt, juices, other beverages, and of course, their "signature" cinnamon rolls. One thing that was lacking some was that they didn't seem to be able to keep fresh coffee made all day. When we let them know there was no coffee, they made it immediatly.

The staff, from the front desk, to the maids were all very helpful, pleasant and effecient. All in all, our 4 night stay was very pleasant and comfortable.

I would definitely stay there again when visiting Lake Charles.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Denham Springs, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

Great continental breakfast. The staff was extreamly friendly and helpful. Accommodated an early check in so that we could attend an event and come straight back to our room with no delay. Bathroom is small and the shower left a bit to be desired, but the beds are clean and comfortable.
One problem was I had a package left for me at the front desk and was not notified. Thankfully, it was not an urgent matter.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay very much.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Franklin, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

This hotel is in need of updating - they charge too much for their hotel. The bathroom was tiny! The staff was friendly. Breakfast was served at 7 - it was a Saturday but they should recognize that guests travel on Saturdays, too and prefer earlier starts.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn for your stay during your visit to our area.

Thank you for giving us a review and glad to note that you liked the hospitality of our hotel staff, which is quite expected from them.

We have also noted your remark on the breakfast and we have ensured that our entire guest gets the finest quality stuff always.

Next time you visit our area, you shall once again choose us for your stay and experience the change.

Navarre, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

I arrived at night and not sure I was in the best part of town. Check-in was very easy, everything was already ready for me. There is a refundable $20 deposit even if you are using priority club points for your stay. Ask the desk clerk about the area and okay if I leave things in my car. Was advised the property has several cameras and where I should park. The parking is lite VERY well. It is almost day light with as much lights as the parking lot has. The room was very clean, spacious and comfortable. The breakfast was the usual for Holiday Inn Express. Didn't use the pool but you could see it when you went into the hotel lobby. Very nice in appearance. Easy check out. The hotel was very friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Charles? Share your experiences!