“Top Notch Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 31 Hotels in Lake Charles
Independence, United States
“Top Notch Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I love this hotel! The manager, Kevin and the receptionist Brittney were great in helping us get a room on short notice. After having a horrible experience Friday night at another hotel we needed a room for Saturday night, and this hotel came through for us. The rooms are large and exceptionally clean. The location is great for us as we are here to participate in a baseball tournament at McNeese State University. I would like to thank the entire staff for making our stay a positive experience. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Lake Charles area. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
SpringHill Suit... L, Sales Coordinator at SpringHill Suites Lake Charles, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for letting us know that our staff is continually striving to give the best guest experience possible! We look forward to you staying with us again!

Huntersville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I love this hotel, my company has it as a preferred location and I see why. It is very european in style both in the lobby area and in the rooms. The rooms are not huge, but they are perfectly laid out and just the right size. It is a little weird that the toilets and the shower are in separate rooms, but not a huge deal at all. It is just such a great size and layout, and the staff is fantastic.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Kevin S
SpringHill Suit... L, Sales Coordinator at SpringHill Suites Lake Charles, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you back on a non-business occasion!
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I stayed here as the hotel is a "sister" hotel for L'Auberge du Lac and the casino was not able to offer me a Friday night stay at the casino, but was able to comp me at Springhill Suites which is immediately adjacent to the casino property. I was certainly pleasantly surprised. The entire property was very neat, clean and modern. The room was spacious and the bed very comfortable with good pillows. Very quiet floor and I was never disturbed during my stay. The only thing odd was the thermostat in the room malfunctioned and I was not able to adjust the temperature, which did not bother me much as I like a cold room. There is a complementary breakfast in the morning served in the lobby area. While I would have rather stayed at the hotel at the casino, this was an excellant substitute and I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank John N
SpringHill Suit... L, Sales Coordinator at SpringHill Suites Lake Charles, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for letting us know how we are doing. We are glad that you got to experience what we have to offer! Maybe we can be your preferred hotel when you visit Lake Charles! Hope to see you back soon!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

THIS HOTEL IS OUTSTANDING!!!!! This hotel is located near a plethora of shops and stores to keep you busy! When I walked into my room it was outstanding! The room was decorated really nice and was REALLY CLEAN! I am a really clean person who looks at EVERYTHING and I didn't find any cleanliness defects. The only thing was the telephone wasn't working the first night so we couldn't get a wakeup call. Other than that I give this hotel a 10/10

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank IM515
We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We are ecstatic to here that you enjoyed your stay! We take pride in making sure that all of our rooms are just as clean as the one you stayed in! We hope to see you back!
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I was a first-timer to this hotel as well as the city of Lake Charles. Overall, it was a very good stay with no problems with the room. My floor was pretty quiet and I rarely saw anyone else while here for my 3 night stay. I did not use the free breakfast as I made use of the mini-fridge and microwave this time and stocked up on quick and easy breakfast items and late night snacks. Just the right size fridge for a few things.

My only complaint about the property was the parking. These spaces are simply spaced too close together. It is great way to get your car doors dented by a careless individual.

Room Tip: Park far away from everyone else unless you want your doors dented.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
SpringHill Suit... L, Sales Coordinator at SpringHill Suites Lake Charles, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was. We appreciate your feedback on the parking situation; your comments will help us in the future. Glad that you made use of the mini fridge and microwave that are in the rooms! We hope to see you back again!
Denham Springs, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is a super nice and updated hotel. Right off 210 and located near many restaurants and stores. We were there for a baseball tournament and both complexes we played at were less than 10 miles from hotel. The beds are super comfy and the bathrooms were very clean and nice. Happy hour every weekday afternoon and free hot breakfast with waffle iron. The staff was friendly and helpful. We will be back!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank dawnbirdsong
SpringHill Suit... L, Sales Coordinator at SpringHill Suites Lake Charles, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you back!
Geismar, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stay often at this hotel when visiting relatives in Lake Charles. It offers the best service which complements it as the best hotel in the area. On a recent visit, Satorie was most helpful in helping us to complete our reservation. The front desk staff, especially Brittany was pleasant, professional, and very polite.
We do a lot of traveling and our first requirement is cleanliness and well maintained properties. This location always meets our criteria.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank rennie_11
SpringHill Suit... L, Sales Coordinator at SpringHill Suites Lake Charles, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was. We are thrilled to hear that you got to experience our wonderful staff and hotel! We hope to see you back soon!