“AWESOME STAFF & FACILITY” 5 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Lake Charles Prien Lake Rd
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1201 W. Prien Lake Road, Lake Charles, LA 70601   |
Ranked #1 of 29 hotels in Lake Charles
A TripAdvisor Member
“AWESOME STAFF & FACILITY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I travel frequently on business and must have accommodations that are conducive for training within my Suite.
The staff went above and beyond to assist me with my needs, this is the BEST hotel I have yet to stay in and the room accommodations were excellent.
Clean rooms, comfortable bed, large TV and excellent environment for me to perform my training.
Breakfast was good and workout room was outstanding.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

142 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Corpus Christi, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

This was my second stay at this hotel and it was a very delightful stay. Alicia Boutte was a very cheerful and friendly woman.She immediately informed me of their breakfast offered at the hotel and she made us feel very appreciated, It was a perfect location for the casino area. It was also very quiet and clean. I will definetly stay there again. Great experience!

Room Tip: 3rd level is quieter
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

When we arrived we were greeted with smiles. Our room and bathroom was very clean and inviting. The beds were clean and we sleep like logs.The staff was friendly and the breakfast was good. The hotel is mintues from a mall and freeway.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Lake Charles, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

My new wife and I were delighted about our 3 day stay at La Quinta-Lake Charles. The location is awesome and much more quiet than the other 3 hotels located on Prien Lake Road. Of course there are several restaurants and a Resort nearby; one can even walk from the hotel to most of these- if you are up for a stroll. From the East side of the hotel you can see a small bayou/river and most important, the hotel itself was museum clean and everyone from the manager (A.Boutte/mgr) to the housekeeping staff always smiled and greeted us responding quickly to our needs and demonstrating real ''Southern Hospitality''. I have stayed in several hotels in the Lake Charles area and this is the best value we could find. Really cozy.Try it for yourself! SS

Room Tip: East side of the hotel is best.
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

How nice to stay in such clean motel -- Very easy check-in and check-out -- Overall great experience here -- My stay at place when I need motel in Lake Charles -- Convenient location --Close to I-210 --

California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The place is new and clean. The folks are friendly. The hotel is adjacent to a busy road and highway, so it was a bit noisy, especially with trucks. The a/c was tolerable. We stayed at the Springhill Suites next door two weeks later - better value.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Pensacola, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Nice apparently new facility, clean, great staff. We checked into the hotel at 1AM and was given room 306. we went up to the room and it was freezing. Tried to turn the thermostat down and it did not work, had a blank screen. We called the front desk and was moved to another room, not exactly what I wanted to do at 1 AM but we couldn't sleep in the freezer. Room 103 was perfect and we had a comfortable night or should I say early morning sleep. Checkout was quick and effortless. Would stay there again. However, the next day I received an email wanting me to fill out a survey. We're on vacation and filling out surveys is the last thing on my mind. I would do that when I returned home. That apparently wasn't good enough for La Quinta. Today I received another email from them reminding me they had sent me an earlier request to fill out a survey and they would appreciate it if I would fill it out. Filling out a survey is a courtesy not a requirement in my book but that is apparently not what La Quinta thinks. We have stayed at a lot of La Quinta's over the years and never been hassled before. I replied to their email and of course I get a response to that one saying that I had reached an email that can't receive replies I would have to go elsewhere . Well I did and let them know that I would fill out their survey when I returned from my vacation and they probably wouldn't like what I had to say and that I would write a review on Trip Advisor. At this point not my favorite Hotel Choice.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Lake Charles Prien Lake Rd? Share your experiences!