“Great location, clean and friendly staff !” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Lake Charles
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Great location, clean and friendly staff !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

I would recommend this hotel for an overnight or weekend stay. Very clean, friendly staff and located in a good area. Good rate and very helpful front desk. We will definitely stay here again when we come to Lake Charles.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Corpus Christi, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

the property is off the regular highway exit but worth the drive - a beautiful Foyer with spiral staircase. Does not look like a Holiday inn (positive statement) - very clean -excellent service - nice big rooms - would definitely revisit this one

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
holidayinnlakecharle, Webmaster at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lake Charles South, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Valued Guest!

Thanks for being at the Holiday Inn and the nice review.

We are to see your appreciation about the hotel, the rooms and the service staff.

We are eagerly waiting to welcome you soon.

Hotel Manager.
West Monroe
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Where do I start. First of all, for me to actually put effort into something and write a review, it must be pretty bad!!
1. coffee pot was missing filter holder (2 days in a row)
2. room service book was not in my room
4. room smelled like urine
3 (and most important) they charged 500 dollars to the wrong card when reminded by my boss and I both to put the room on his card/ incidentals on mine!
Anthony was very rude when dealing with the situation and wouldn't even offer to switch me to an odorless room. This amazes me as my company owns half of LOUISIANA and will no longer be using Holiday inn for business! This is not the first problem with holliday inn express, but it will be the last. OH, and thank Anthony and his gay friend at the front desk, if they didn't act overly polite in a passive aggressive and condescending manner (THEN GIGGLE) every time I walked through the front door, I probably wouldn't be writing this!!! This is my last night and I cannot wait to leave. Would rather sleep in my truck!!! I've never been treated so poorly, You're employee's need some serious training!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Go Elsewhere!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lake Charles South, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear james h,

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Austin, Tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Spent one night. The room was very nice. Decided to eat downstairs instead of eating out. Didn't want to fight traffic and besides it was 7 in the evening and I'm sure there would be a waiting line anyplace I went. Glad I decided to eat downstairs. Not crowded at all. The steak I ordered and the rest of the meal was delicious. The room was clean and had a great view. The bed was comfortable. Enjoyed their flatscreened T.V. Wonderful place to stay. Will stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Ridgeland, Ms
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I was in town to attend the Chenault Air Show and fly on the incredible B-29. My wife made my reservation as I was on the road and in a hurry. I had a late arrival but there was no problem.
The staff was friendly and met all my expectations. If ever in the area I will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Pasadena, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

It was nice, clean and I didn't really spend that much time in room. I would stay again and I liked the fact that the king suite had a separate sitting area with sofa bed and bedroom. The bathroom was spacious and the shower wasn't small and cramped.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

My husband and i stayed had a long drive and needed some rest with our kids. We are holiday inn reward members so we chose holiday inn it was 11 at night booked the room.
We checked in, our room had beer bottle open, half eaten moon pie, wet towels on bathroom floor. We paid 190.00 for this garbage, thats what being a holiday inn honor got us.

• Stayed August 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lake Charles South, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Jacenda H,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations and for that please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience the overall cleanliness of your room may have caused you. Rest assured, your valuable comments are noted and will be forwarded to the appropriate department to be addressed accordingly. Your feedback is of great importance to us and allows us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Thank you for sharing your feedback, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Krysllin G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lake Charles South? Share your experiences!