You added Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lake Charles South to your Saves list
Ranked #14 of 29 Hotels in Lake Charles
Marksville, Louisiana
“Very nice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night. Found the hotel to be very clean and the staff was real professional and helpful. Not in a great part of town, but we had no issues. Indoor pool got a little crowded and was noisy. Overall, a good experience and value.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Bluffton, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

As shared by several other reviewers of this hotel, Rodney (front desk manager?) made us feel welcome from the moment we walked in the door. Arriving at 4:30 pm, we were told our room wasn't quite ready as yet.

We went over to the bar, next to a very nicely decorated front lobby, and sat for a few minutes enjoying a glass of wine. Within 15 minutes, Rodney personally walked over to the bar, handed us our keys, apologized for the delay, and gave us a coupon for free breakfast the next morning.

Our room was clean, comfortable and on the top floor as I had requested. The hotel is situated only 5 minutes from the L'Auberge Casino, which meant we were away from the crowds but close enough to enjoy our evening in Lake Charles.

We would definitely book this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Rodney Johnson was fantastic from the minute we walked in the door. Great personality, great help. VERY pleasant and fun! Very helpful and prompt with his help returning an item left behind. We'd love to stay with him again!! Thanks, Rodney! Linda and Fred T, Birmingham, AL

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

This is a top level hotel and facility. I partciularry want to give kudos to Rodney at the night, check-in desk. The man is outstanding. Great information, polite, and a very pleasant fellow who really seems to kmnow his job.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

We found this hotel to be nicely situated for easy access to both area casinos, and the downtown Lake Charles area. We received their last available room, which made me nervous. Usually the last rooms to be assaigned have issues or are the worst in the hotel. If this was their "worst" room, I am impressed.

The room was spacious and clean with a seperate seating area, desk, and wet bar.

The highlight of our stay was the front desk staff. They were extremely friendly and took care of us like we were family.

• Stayed June 2013
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

From the front desk folks at check in and check out to the cleaning staff everyone was friendly and very helpful. I had to call for a late check in because of traffic from out of state and i was able to slow down and enjoy the ride knowing i was guaranteed my room. Went to a show at a local Casino and had a blast just knowing i did not have to leave early to keep my room. At the end of my day, when i finally made it to the hotel, it was so nice walking in and they even called me by name and led me to my cool, comfortable room. The room was perfect, the bed was amazing, the room was quite of course most people had probably been in bed for a few hours, and the accomidations were just exactly what i needed. Not fancy, but clean, cool and comfortable beats "fancy" anytime. I will be returning to this area, i will stay at this hotel, EVERYTIME.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Crestview, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

When I arrived at the Lake Charles Holiday Inn I was greeted by three charming front desk receptionists with warm smiles and a pleasant, how-can-I-help attitude. The check-in was smooth and quick. The offered cold drink had hardly been touched when I was checked-in and on my way to the room. The room was clean and comfortable. After settling in I went downstairs to the lounge. The server was pleasant and the beverage was excellent. When I mentioned that I was in town for only one night and was interested in trying some local cuisine she offered me a travel guide and pointed out a couple of nearby restaurants. I will save my comments on the restaurant for another time. When I returned to the Holiday Inn I stopped by the lounge and thanked the server mentioning that one of her suggestions was a great choice. The check-out was easy and the bill was as offered when I made the reservation. Yes, I will stay here again and do recommend this property.

Room Tip: I chose this hotel initially because it is a smoke-free facility. The hotel is located a good dista...