“Bright smiles and welcoming attitudes...” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #11 of 28 hotels in Lake Charles
Crestview, Florida
“Bright smiles and welcoming attitudes...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

When I arrived at the Lake Charles Holiday Inn I was greeted by three charming front desk receptionists with warm smiles and a pleasant, how-can-I-help attitude. The check-in was smooth and quick. The offered cold drink had hardly been touched when I was checked-in and on my way to the room. The room was clean and comfortable. After settling in I went downstairs to the lounge. The server was pleasant and the beverage was excellent. When I mentioned that I was in town for only one night and was interested in trying some local cuisine she offered me a travel guide and pointed out a couple of nearby restaurants. I will save my comments on the restaurant for another time. When I returned to the Holiday Inn I stopped by the lounge and thanked the server mentioning that one of her suggestions was a great choice. The check-out was easy and the bill was as offered when I made the reservation. Yes, I will stay here again and do recommend this property.

Room Tip: I chose this hotel initially because it is a smoke-free facility. The hotel is located a good dista...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

69 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We stayed there last weekend and were disappointed.
Pros: The front desk staff were very nice.
The hotel had an attractive lobby/bar/restaurant area

Cons: Had to wait a while to check in. At first there was only one working the front desk but another person came to help. They were very nice and efficient. This alone didn't cause the lower rating but coupled with the next things it all added up.

When we got to our room, the inside door lock was flipped sideways so the door was propped open. I don't like the thought that somebody (not hotel staff) could have been in there before we arrived.

The room smelled really bad. I woud have asked to change but my husband assumed all the rooms were the same way so we dealt with it. We cranked the a/c to help cut the smell and left. When we returned it was slightly better but not much.

The desk chair had arms that were all ripped up.

We like to stay at Holiday Inns (usually Express) as stop overs during our driving trips because they usually have a consistent quality. I don't expect luxury at a Holiday Inn, but I do expect a certain standard that this hotel was lacking.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lake Charles South, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Shamrock1234,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. I appreciate the compliments on the staff and the level of service provided. It encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. However, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience the room conditions may have caused you. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we offer to our guests.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is well equipped with amenities. The restaurant provided some good food at a fair price. Try the mini burgers with pepper jack cheese. Several booths have their own flat screen tv's. The bar service was attentive and friendly. As others mentioned - the bar closes promptly at 10 pm. The rooms have wifi, coffee makers, microwave, and refrigerators. They are spacious and the beds are comfortable. Pillows are on the small side so I needed all 4 to equal my 2 at home. Toieltries aren't the best so bring your favorites or make do with their discount brand. Overall, I'd stay here again.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
College Station, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

This property is clean, front desk and management is courteous and efficient. The fitness center is nice. The hotel falls short of great in one way. The bar closes at 10 p.m. and the pool doesnt open until 9 a.m. During our stay there were 10+ people at the bar at 10 p.m. But they closed on time on the dot. We wanted to take a quick swim before hitting the road in the morning but it was closed. So close to be an outstanding stay.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Central Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We live about two hours away, but were looking for just a quick overnight trip to celebrate our anniversary. After seeing what the nightly rate was, I was extremely happy with the rate that I had got through my Priceline booking.
We arrived an hour early for the 3:00 pm check in and the ladies at the front desk were very friendly and never mentioned our being early. I had booked for two queens and when I asked for a king, I was able to get one. The hotel was just off the main road, easy to find and in a very convenient location in regards to shopping, eating and entertainment.
This was a very comfortable, large and very clean room. The bed was great and I loved the added touch of the "firm" and "soft" pillows being designated. If there were to be a complaint, it was that, even though it is January, it was a very warm and humid weekend and even though we had the unit down on 68 degrees and on "high cool", it remained very warm and muggy in the room. That was tolerable in January, might not be so much in July! Loved the Bath and Body Works amenities in the bathroom!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel twice in 2012. July 2012, my husband and I stayed for one night, 3.5 stars. December 2012, our family of four stayed for one night, 2.5 stars.

Positives:
Location- This hotel is eay on find from I-10 or I-210.
Breakfast- The breakfast was pretty good. The stuffed French toast is good.
Front desk staff- Very pleasant.

Negatives:
First Floor Rooms- our December room was not so great. The water did not get hot. The staff stated that in the rooms nearest the pool (102-105) the water does not get so hot. It was difficult to figure out how to get the water to come from the shower nozzle. We had to call the front desk for an explanation.

Dinner- my son's pizza was cold. There was no soup of the day available (at 5pm). The waitress stated that the soup "went bad." Nothing on the menu appealed to the adults, so we both ate salads. Kids eat free, but I'd advise against eating dinner in the hotel. The restaurant staff was lacking in customer service skills. There are few patrons here.

Bottom line:
It's ok for a quick stay. Get a room on the 2nd floor. Avoid dinner here.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lake Charles South, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Dara S,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Holland, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Arrived for a two night stay for business/pleasure on Friday. Was able to check in at 1PM no problem and the front desk agent was excellent. I'm a Priority Club Platinum member and was greeted as such, which is nice. Room was very clean. King bed was very comfy and on the firmer side, pillows were not too spongy or puffy. WiFi was strong but did cut out at times for a few seconds. Nice and quiet stay, will definitely go back. A little off the freeway but nicer and better value than the competition closer to 210,

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lake Charles South? Share your experiences!