“The Good, the bad, and the ugly” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Lake Charles
Gueydan
“The Good, the bad, and the ugly”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I've never posted a comment but I felt very disappointed with our stay. I paid extra to have an Executive room and I really can't say it was worth it.

The Good- the hotel is clean and the rooms are large.

The Bad- when I made reservations, I chose this hotel because it offered a 2 queen bed Executive non smoking room and I was told it was going to be the quite floor. At 2 in the morning people were coming and going making so much noise. My son and I didn't get any sleep. So much for the quite floor.

The Ugly- check in is at 3 pm so we arrived at 4 pm and our room was still not ready. We had to wait. The other thing is that the beds are really not comfortable at all.

Room Tip: Find another hotel....
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lake Charles South, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
Dear AngelaT10,

Thank you for your review regarding your experience. I am glad you found our clean and hotel and large rooms commendable. I am disappointed to hear you received service that was less than satisfactory. Please accept my sincerest apology for any inconvenience the check in process, uncomfortable beds and noise from our other guests may have caused. Your comments will help us improve our services and offer a great experience for our guest. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHG Care

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Groesbeck, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Everyone here has been wonderful. Very professional and helpful staff! The food is amazing also, and not overpriced!
It is a little hard to find because it sits off the road a little.. Outstanding stay. I would reccomended it to anyone.

• Stayed August 2012
Gulf Coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Nice stay This was a very comfortable stay front desk were very friendly and helpful. I have always been reluctant to stay at H.Inn because of a horrible experience at one in Houston years ago but this one felt personal and so friendly helpful with cabs etc..room was large bed comfy, microwave and Fridge.

• Stayed August 2012
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

This is NOT your "Grandmother's" Holiday Inn! Lovely hotel with great service, and definitely an upscale Holiday Inn. The staff was very friendly and helpfula nd the rooms were large, clean, and very nicely appointed. They even have a nice bar and sitting area downstairs. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor - no road noise, quiet and very clean. GREAT beds.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

Nice hotel. Breakfast not included, but has small restaurant which has good breakfast for $7 to $10. Worst thing: free wifi not compatible with IPads for some reason. Complained and was told "we get that complaint a lot.". I won't stay there again till this is corrected as I use my iPad to work.

• Stayed June 2012
holidayinnlakecharle, Webmaster at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lake Charles South, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for choosing the Holiday Inn for your stay.

Appreciate your review and regret the inconvenience.

Nice to note that you liked the hotel.

We shall definitely look into your comment and make the wifi alright.

We have also taken steps to improve the hospitality, cleanliness and amenities.

Please consider visiting us again.

Hotel Manager.
Elysian Fields, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

I feel like I live in Holidays Inns. This one stands out simply due to the staff. Could they be any nicer?? I was stunned that one actually said Hi and Welcome back! She was not the one checking me in and I do believe she remembered me!
Anyway, that aside, it is a nice place. The location is great because you can get to near anywhere in L.C. very quickly.
Rooms are very nice, typical of HIEX.
Very attractive lobby!
Stay here and I can not imagine why you would not be pleased. This one is becoming my "go to" place very fast when I work in L.C.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

Hotel wouldn't let us check in an hour early. Really, you need the hour to just clean the room? When we came back of course there was a line because they adhere strictly to the 3 pm check in.

Bathroom was moldy. I understand it's Louisiana and humid but think mold can be cleaned off shower walls.

Was close to Coushatta casino.

• Stayed June 2012
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lake Charles South, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Dear Sindy022,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. I am deeply sorry you found our hotel less than satisfactory. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas, We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lake Charles South? Share your experiences!