“Another nice stay at this hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now and Save 15%
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Lake Charles
Cibolo, Texas, United States
“Another nice stay at this hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

My wife & I have stayed at this hotel several times. As always, it was very clean. Check in and out took a minute or two, tops. I made my reservations online and never have any issues. Front desk was friendly every time we were coming or going. The price is very good compared to their competition, and its not even a 10 minute drive from downtown Lake Charles. We bring a small dog, and never have a problem with the hotel or staff. The rooms are clean, bathrooms are roomy, TV and AC work as they should. We will be staying here again next time we go back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
paramguru, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lake Charles, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Hello , Guest
Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest survey. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Lake Charles Red Roof.

General Manage

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Mobile, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I left my door open when I went down for breakfast. They closed it and told me about it. Nothing missing. Great crew. The room was clean and the price was great!!! The hotel is a little out from where I was working but not too inconvenient. It was worth the short drive.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
paramguru, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lake Charles, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear, Guest
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Lake Charles Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.

Thanks,
Red Roof Inn
Lake Charles,LA.70615
Lake Charles, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Hotel is fairly new and is generally clean. We were initially excited about a new hotel for a reasonable price. However, we were disappointed that while we booked a non-smoking room, we were given a smoking room. We noticed a smell but didn't realize it was a smoking room until we had moved our gear in and unpacked. We put up w/ this room, but this shouldn't have happened. Smoke could be smelled in the hallways, because non-smoking and smoking rooms are on the same floor. This doesn't seem like a good idea.
Also, we used the laundry. One of the washers was filthy, with pine needles and 15-20 small rocks and pebbles in the tub. Doesn't the cleaning crew ever check the washers and keep them clean??
While the hotel was adequate for a one night stay, especially for price, I don't think I would stay here again. The property shows a lack of attention to the details of upkeep and cleanliness.
On the positive side, we had reservations, and the check in was very quick and easy. There are no restaurants or any retail within walking distance of this hotel, which makes it quiet if that's what you're looking for.

Room Tip: make sure you check the type of room on the plaque outside the door. Non-smoking shows a little cig...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
paramguru, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lake Charles, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Hello, Susan

Thanks,
Red Roof Inn
Lake Charles,LA.70615
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Easy to see why this hotel is so liked. A large breakfast area with several options, clean rooms with flat screen TV, microwave and refrigerator in the room, and friendly staff! We appreciated that it was easy to find, yet far enough from the interstate to be quiet. It was perfect for our overnight stop on our drive from New Orleans to Houston, cutting our trip into two easy 3 hour segments with a fussy toddler.

• Stayed August 2013
paramguru, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lake Charles, responded to this review, September 2, 2013

Belton, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Reasonable rate, clean room and bathroom, comfortable beds. Friendly front desk. Would definitely stay here again. Just passing thru. I'm very particular about the bathroom so I was pleased with this hotel. Wifi worked great, and AC was very good. Usually stay elsewhere but glad I gave this one a try. Easy access from I-10.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
paramguru, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lake Charles, responded to this review, August 30, 2013

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

The lady at the front desk was unbelievably friendly and helpful. The room was sparkling clean, the pool was great. A perfect experience. The maid was also super friendly in the morning. Almost made me want to stay an extra day even though I had other plans.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
paramguru, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lake Charles, responded to this review, August 23, 2013

Bellbrook, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

very clean rooms, excellent breakfast selection. Recommend this hotel highly. Right off I10.
Clean pool. quiet. Friendly staff. easy acess to 2nd floor with elevator. close to restaurants and attactions.

Room Tip: Get the king non smoking delixe
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
paramguru, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lake Charles, responded to this review, August 16, 2013

Red Roof Inn - Lake Charles,LA.70615

Been to Red Roof Inn Lake Charles? Share your experiences!