“Clean and comfortable!” 4 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #12 of 28 Hotels in Lake Charles
“Clean and comfortable!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

We were pleased with the cleanliness of the hotel. The hotel Staff was friendly, breakfast was good with a good variety. Water pressure could have been better but there was plenty of hot water! The beds were comfortable and we were pleased there was a fridge in the room. It was convenient to the interstate. Rooms were quiet and spacious. They also had good security so we felt safe parking our new car in the parking lot.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Brandy J, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Thank you so much for your detailed review!
It is nice to hear the good things from our guests too!
We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

For the price I paid I was expecting more. The furniture and room was dated and needs an update. There was a wedding party and it was very noisy. Breakfast was not great. Better off finding something further away if you need to stay in this area.

• Stayed September 2013
Brandy J, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you for taking time to review our property. I apologize you were less than pleased with your stay. We are in the process of updating our exterior and interior to better serve our guests. Over the next two months, we will receive our new bedding program and by April, we will have updates to our bathroom as well. I hope you will come back again soon to see how beautiful our property is.
Manteca, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We arrived and they did let us check in early, but we are not impressed with this Comfort Suites.
It could use a little work..
1. Drain Spouts on the outside not even connected
2. Hair in Sink
3. Only three tissues in the bathroom stuck in the Kleenex box
4. VERY THIN toilet tissue
5. Slippery Tub and floor.. Be very careful
6. Pool was not ready for use.. Very dirty.
7. Curtains needed pressing.. Very wrinkled in the breakfast room
8. Places where the walls had been repaired but not painted
9. Just not clean!!
10. Dirty windows
Just not up to Par.....
On the good note, Breakfast was good!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
I regret to hear we were unable to meet your expectations during your stay. In regards to the drains, they are off because we have a crew painting the outside of our building and they have to be removed in order to do this, I will make sure to get some signage outside to note this during the weekend. I do not see where you complained during your stay or my staff would have been more than happy to move you to a new room, I will discuss the hair issue and Kleenex check with my Head Housekeeper. We do provide slip resistant bath mats in each bathroom. Our pool man comes every Tuesday and Friday to service our pool and our Maintenance Man inspects it the rest of the week. However, our city received over 7 inches of rain Friday/Saturday day and night so come Sunday our pool was probably a mess and I apologize we were not able to have that ready for you at your time of need. I will assign a special project to my breakfast attendant to service her window treatments. We are in the process up updating all of our public spaces and the process takes 3 days, I will make sure we have signage to apologize for the inconvenience during this process. You are correct in regards to our windows being dirty, the painting crew will be washing all of them as soon as they finish painting our building. I am pleased you enjoyed our breakfast though! I do apologize for the mess during our improvement process and I invite you back with a 20% discount to see all of our improvements you saw in process!
Big Spring, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

This is truly a hidden treasure found! Love the fact that it sets away from the well traveled road. It's like being secluded in a busy city and still close enough to everything the town has to offer. From a speedy, enthusiastic front desk attendant, check in with Allison was a breeze. Rooms are spacious and clean with all the modern coveniences, a sitting room, and a comfy bed. There is a wonderful variety of choices from something hot to something cold and even something for a healthy start. And it is always good. The on premise bar and work out room are a great, convenient asset. We even got in a nice relaxing time sitting around the pool. All the staff from front desk to house keeping and everyone in between are nice, energetic and willing to make our stay as pleasurable as possible. They don't hesitate helping you find the sights to see. They go the extra mile to make your stay in Lake Charles the best it can be. We will definitely stay there again with no hesitation. I would recommend staying!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel and I am pleased to hear we made your stay memorable. Our staff understands the importance of going the extra mile to make a guest's stay a memory rather than another forgotten hotel stay. Thank you for your detailed review of our amenities, services, and staff! It is nice to hear we are doing a good job and my staff will be happy to read your review.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

My husband, my mom and I stayed there for 3 days. Lets just say that the stay was great! First off they are pet friendly and allow larger dogs which is hard to find. Next the front office manager was very nice when we checked in and was very helpful! The rooms were nice and clean! Even though they are a comfort suites the rooms are not that large that was the only down fall over my whole stay. Breakfast was always hot and fully stocked!! All the staff were wonderful and nice! I will stay there again when I am in the area!!!

• Stayed September 2013
It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and your dogs were wonderful! We love to meet our guests pets. I am happy to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay with our hotel and we look forward to your next stay in Lake Charles.
Okotoks, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Very nice rooms, well appointed and very clean. It was nice to have a small area with a sofa to chill out. The only downside was that its not located near any "non-commercial" restaurants. However, a 6 minute cab ride took us to the Luna restaurant in the old town and that was just great! Good place to rest up in Lake Charles.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review our property! I am pleased you enjoyed our property and it is always wonderful to hear reviews from our guests. Take care and we look forward to hosting you on your next trip through.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

The staff was friendly. Rooms are clean. There is a small pool, it was clean. The wifi was not good. It would connect and disconnect constantly. it may have been because we were on he 3rd floor all the way to the back. Beds are firm. Price was decent. We paid about $100 per night after all the taxes.

• Stayed August 2013
Brandy J, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you for your review of our property. We are always looking for review and feedback from our guest to better improve our standards. Please come back in a few months and take advantage of our new bedding program and Market Place.

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!