“Good for an over nighter” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #11 of 29 Hotels in Lake Charles
Mt. Calm
“Good for an over nighter”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Beds are a bit hard and old furniture but the morning staff is great. Location right off the interstate makes for an easy return to your trip. The lady running the breakfast bar was outstanding. They had two bus loads of kids their and she managed to keep up, with keeping plenty of food out.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Brandy J, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you for taking time to review our property. I do apologize you did not find comfort in our beds, as we have pillow top mattresses and fluffy pillows. Our furniture is in the process of being replaced as we speak! I am pleased you enjoyed our breakfast and my attendant will be happy to hear you commended her work.

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a jacuzzi ste. during our stay and so far this is the nicest one at any location we've been to so far. The room had a faux fireplace with glowing logs and flickering flames that served as a heater. The fireplace was parallel to the jacuzzi which actually was a 2 person jac not a whirlpool tub. The only thing about the jac. that I would suggest the hotel invest in would be a step to get in and out of. It has about a foot long granite arm to put candles or towels on, so it makes it a little difficult to get in and out w/o sliding off, which was really cold lol or standing up on and kinda leaping out. Of course we put a towel down to slide out of so it kinda fixed the problem. The jets worked well and you could also watch tv from that angle. The bed was super comfy and the a/c worked great. Also a big plus they don't have the coffee maker in the bathroom which all of the choice hotels I've stayed in so far have, which in my personal opinion is nauseating in the morning lol, Thank you!!! And....they have grits along with just about anything else you might want to eat for breakfast. The front desk managers were all super friendly and informative. One suggested eating at steamboat bills and the crawfish were great. Its also really close to all of the casinos which was a plus. Overall this was my favorite hotel to book a jacuzzi ste. with and we will most definently be back.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you so much for your detailed review of our Master Suite! I am pleased you had an enjoyable stay and my breakfast attendant will be pleased you enjoyed her breakfast! I will have my General Manager look into the step for the room, as it is a little on the high side. Your review is greatly appreciated and I'm sure travelers will appreciate your details as much as I do!

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

The Comfort Suites is very clean with a large suite room. The front desk people were efficient and friendly. The breakfast was very nice with several choices. The welcome cookies are great. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of our property! We pride ourselves on hand selecting our staff to ensure we have the best people to provide you with the best experience possible! I am pleased you enjoyed our property and it is always nice to hear from our guests. We will keep the cookies coming..hot and fresh for your next visit.

Lafayette, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

The wife and I went to Lake Charles for the weekend and stayed here. Hotel located close to the movie we went see and the casino we went eat the buffet at.
A very nice,clean spacious room. The staff and management were second to none.
There was a very nice breakfast. Very quite and peaceful. Will return here on our next run and hide weekend.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Brandy J, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
I am pleased to see you enjoyed your stay! It is always nice to have a dependable getaway destination. If you will be returning between now and Valentines Day, be sure to book online and take advantage of our Valentine's Day special! I think you and your wife would enjoy your special weekend away.
Amarillo, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Exactly what you expect from a Comfort Suites, the rooms are actually suites. Good rate, clean room, clean bathroom, clean sheets, and more than enough pillows! Parking was well lit, and surrounded by a 7 foot privacy fence. No problems No complaints!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Brandy J, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for your review on our hotel. All feedback is valued and appreciated. We strive for excellence and take pride in providing the best quaility for your Home Away from Home! We look forward to the opportunity to host you again!
Alexandria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Nice stay. Pleasant front desk. Room accomodations were spotless. Super easy check in/out. Kudos to the staff! We had a special needs request and the request was granted upon check in with no problems!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your kind words! It is always nice to hear from our guests and I enjoy printing out reviews for my staff to read. Our guests are very important to us and we do our best to ensure 100% customer satifcation.
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I am in it for the $50 Gas Card this summer. This particular property wins, hands down, as the dirtiest and noisiest Comfort Suites I have been in this summer (18 times now). The carpets and furniture are stained with god knows what and the Whirlpool has brown water. Yuck!!!

To be fair, the towels are softer than the Hampton Inn Towels, which is where I normally stay.

I was in the Peace Corps and I will not let this particular experience deter my goal of obtaining $500 in gass cards this summer. Yes...I am a gas Card [--].

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to review our property. I do apologize we did not meet your expectations, please do not let your one experience deter you from staying with our property again. I can assure you we are a wonderful property. July is a very busy month for us. Lake Charles hosts many baseball tournaments and the teams/parents can get a little loud on their way back into the hotel (which is understandable after a team win) We do our best to ensure they do not disrupt our other guests and any complaint my front desk receives is taken care of immediately. Given your room had a whirlpool, you must have stayed in our Master Suite (which should be in fantastic condition. My Head Housekeeper is looking into the cleanliness of this room immediately. We did have a few situations this summer where the city flushed the pipes which caused brown water to flow through our hotel (you might have ran your water at that time and I apologize) After a busy summer, some of our furniture did have a few spots on them, but rest assured we steam cleaned all of our furniture to ensure top quality and cleanliness. I look forward to the opportunity to host you again and show you how spectacular our hotel is!