“Good food as always” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Crosby TX
“Good food as always”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We have visited this restaurant a few times. The seafood platter is our favorite - it's so big, my husband and I share it. There are always too many fries on the plate, but the food is always good.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Houston, Texas
“Great Seafood, good prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

The restaurant is what you expect in a seafood place, bright & cheery. The people are friendly and treat you like you belong. You leave with a full belly of really good seafood cooked Louisiana style, satisfied with what you spent. What more can you ask for?

Visited September 2013
Cypress, Texas
“Nothing fancy, but certainly scrumptious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

We have eaten here at Steamboat Bills on I-10 on both recent visits to Lake Charles and enjoyed our meal both times. I enjoyed the fried Jumbo shrimp on both visits and was tasty each time. My husband ordered shrimp platter on the first visit, but ate too much due to large plate of food so he ordered the shrimp on the second trip and enjoyed both tremendously. The bread is good too. The dress is casual and we have never felt hurried along as some reviewers have stated, but we eat early to avoid long waits at restaurants. We are planning our next trip for October and believe me that Steamboat Bills will be on our itinerary.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Richmond, Texas
“Must stop place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

We always stop to eat here when passing through. The food is good and hot. I love the craw fish and gator.

Visited June 2013
San Antonio, Texas
“Who counts seafood?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I've been to both I-10 and MLK locations and I was very pleased with the serving size and portions given at MLK. Took friends to the I-10 location and we all ordered Pistolettes. We all received a bunch of sauce with 2-3 crawfish inside. Pistolettes are supposed to be filled with crawfish and not just juice. The I-10 location is cheap with their seafood when it comes to their étouffée and gumbo. What a waste, but I'll for sure be going back to the location on MLK where there is an appreciation for Soul Food!

• Visited July 2013