“Nothing fancy, but certainly scrumptious” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 217 Restaurants in Lake Charles
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Cypress, Texas
“Nothing fancy, but certainly scrumptious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

We have eaten here at Steamboat Bills on I-10 on both recent visits to Lake Charles and enjoyed our meal both times. I enjoyed the fried Jumbo shrimp on both visits and was tasty each time. My husband ordered shrimp platter on the first visit, but ate too much due to large plate of food so he ordered the shrimp on the second trip and enjoyed both tremendously. The bread is good too. The dress is casual and we have never felt hurried along as some reviewers have stated, but we eat early to avoid long waits at restaurants. We are planning our next trip for October and believe me that Steamboat Bills will be on our itinerary.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Richmond, Texas
“Must stop place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

We always stop to eat here when passing through. The food is good and hot. I love the craw fish and gator.

Visited June 2013
San Antonio, Texas
“Who counts seafood?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I've been to both I-10 and MLK locations and I was very pleased with the serving size and portions given at MLK. Took friends to the I-10 location and we all ordered Pistolettes. We all received a bunch of sauce with 2-3 crawfish inside. Pistolettes are supposed to be filled with crawfish and not just juice. The I-10 location is cheap with their seafood when it comes to their étouffée and gumbo. What a waste, but I'll for sure be going back to the location on MLK where there is an appreciation for Soul Food!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Live Oak, Texas
“Unbelievable seafood in a unique restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

If you want the VERY BEST, FRESH, DELICIOUS seafood, from shrimp to fish to crawfish, this is the restaurant for you. I ate here travelling from Atlanta to San Antonio, on my return trip, and again when I moved to San Antonio in June, 2013. I planned my travel time just to be able to visit the restaurant. All three visits were equally magnificent. A "MUST VISIT" restaurant.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Conroe, Texas, United States
“Awesome food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

My Husband and I had never been to Louisiana until yesterday. We stopped at a tourist info area as we entered Louisiana from Texas and one of the locals that worked there recommended this place and gave us directions on how to get there. I'm glad we went, we are big craw-fish fans and all Cajan cooking, but after our fav restaurant closed down in Conroe Tx we found it hard to find any good Cajan type food since. (Dixies was the name of it and it was owned by a man that was from Louisiana). We loved this place the food was amazing! We ordered the fish and shrimp and oh man yummy yummy yummy! Next time we take a trip down there we are going to take the whole family! Service was good too!

• Visited August 2013