“Great stay, but could have been treated a little better at check in” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Lafayette Airport

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #8 of 47 Hotels in Lafayette
Houston, Texas
“Great stay, but could have been treated a little better at check in”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

This was my third night in a row at a Marriott while traveling from DC to Texas. Upon arrival, I made a special request for my room location and without skipping a beat, the front desk clerk told me "we are full tonight". I thought the very least she could do was 'try' to find a room that would honor my request, but apparently she did not want to be bothered.

The room I was assigned to was very nice, but the broken timer on the microwave made it sound like I had a time bomb ticking in my room all night long. Comfortable bed, excellent air conditioning/heating, and just overall great.

Upon checking out, the front desk clerk invited me to write this review, addressed my concern with the microwave timer and wished me well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Lafayette Airport, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Michael S,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us at Courtyard Lafayette Airport. We're glad you chose to stay with us and had a pleasant visit. I apologize that your special request was not able to be fulfilled. Please accept my apologies for the malfunctioning microwave as well. I'm very glad you said your overall experience with us was great. We hope you will have another opportunity to stay with us and look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Brandon, MS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on our way to Galveston. It was a little bit farther from the Interstate then we thought but that was our fault for not doing our homework. The hotel was good, clean, and very accommodating. Check in took a little longer than we thought but no big deal. All in all it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Lafayette Airport, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
southernbelle_87,
Thank you for taking a moment and writing a review about your stay with us at Courtyard Lafayette. We're very pleased you chose to stay with us while traveling to Galveston. I'm glad you found your room to be clean and comfy as well. On your way back through Lafayette, we hope you will come and stay with us again!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for one night and it was great, but the only thing is that their Wifi is too slow. Otherwise, every thing is great.
They have clean and comfortable beds.
The location is about 10 min near all restaurants and shopping plazas.

• Stayed October 2012
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Lafayette Airport, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Badhoh,
Thank you for your review. We're pleased you stayed with us and enjoyed your visit. I'm glad you liked our clean rooms and comfy beds. Please come and stay with us again soon.
Lafayette, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I had a week long Training session at this tucked away modern delight. On entering there is warm and friendly staff and a giant tuch screen screen display with, sports results, stocks, weather and hotel info. Your are able to search as you need for info you need all on one main desktop.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Lafayette Airport, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Andrebkgreene,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We're glad to have had you stay as our guest, and pleased you enjoyed your visit. I'm glad you enjoyed our staff and felt they were warm and friendly. If your training brings you back to our area, we truly hope you'll stay with us again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Stayed here during a trip to Lafayette, LA this week. I choose this place based off the area I wanted to be and second because I am more of a fan of any of the Marriott chains. I like the renovations to all the chains. I looked to stay at the Fairfield that was right down the street but they were full. However not sure of what was in store having to go to the Courtyard I had confidence knowing that it was a Marriott. I was close to the Outback were I prefer to eat in that town and located near everything and everywhere else I needed to go. When getting to the lobby I noticed that this hotel has been renovated recently and felt comfortable. The staff was professional and very nice. With no resevervation the were able to accommodate me without any problem.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Lafayette Airport, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
McGoogan,

Thank you for taking a moment and writing about your stay with us on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your kind review of our hotel as well as your compliments about our friendly staff. I’m pleased you like the renovations to our hotel and felt comfortable here. We invite you to come and stay with us again the next time you’re in Lafayette for business or pleasure.

Best regards,
Daniela Thibodaux, General Manager
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I had checked the star-rating for this Marriott, and it received 5-stars, so I thought it was safe to book a room. First, my reservation could not be found. Fortunately, I had my confirmation number. Second, I was put in a room on the third floor, opened the door, and it was very warm in the room. No problem, I put the AC on high cool and at the coolest setting. Something must be wrong with the HVAC because the room temperature never changed. One other guest told me the same thing. Third, there is a Bistro for room service. I ordered and 45 minutes later, no food. Perhaps I was a bit cranky because I hadn't eaten all day, but I did not think the time was reasonable to get a burger. I went to the Front Desk and asked if there was a problem. I was told that guests have to pick up their room service order; I was never told that. While the burger was being put in a bag, I suggested to the staff member that guests should be told that they needed to pick up "room service". She instructed me that it was noted on the tri-fold menu; I checked when I returned to my room, and it wasn't noted. Naturally, by the time I got the burger it was lukewarm and less than palatable. By far, as a Marriott Rewards frequent traveler, this was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. No 5-stars for me!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Lafayette Airport, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Dear DK B: Thank you for providing us with feedback on your recent stay with us. I apologize that we did not live up to the service our guests can expect from a Courtyard by Marriott. I can understand how frustrating the room service issue must have been. I'm sending you a personal message in order to personally speak with you about your stay. It's important to myself and my staff to learn from our guests and make process improvements.

Dee Thibodaux
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

Service not that great. Room was warm in day a/c was to small for room accordly to MM. Under construction. Hotels should tell you they are under construction when you book. Not a real good stay at a Court Yard for me. Hope you have better service if you stay there.

• Stayed June 2012
, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Lafayette Airport, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
RE G,
Please accept my sincerest apologies for the current renovations during your stay. I truly regret that we fell short of meeting the high standards we strive to achieve. Positive and negative feedback keeps us accountable and working to be the best and I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review. I hope this experience does not deter you from staying with Courtyard in the future.

Best regards,
Daniela Thibodaux, General Manager

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Lafayette Airport? Share your experiences!