“Friendly & Impressive Customer Service” 4 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn Lafayette North
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2100 Northeast Evangeline Thruway, Lafayette, LA 70501   |
Ranked #29 of 45 hotels in Lafayette
Baton Rouge
“Friendly & Impressive Customer Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

The hotel is comfortable, convenient, and nice.The staff is friendly and informative - Liz greated us at the front desk and could answer any question we asked; she was also informative about the events going on in the area. When I accidently left my cell phone recharger and inquired via email, I was instantly called with an inquiry from Zane as to what type of charger. He followed the call up with an email to say he would mail one to me that fit my cell phone. I was very impressed with Zane's diligence to accomodate the traveler. He has impressive customer service skills and communication, which impresses me overall with La Quinta. We definitely will be back. Thank you Liz and Zane! kbridges

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

161 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Munich, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We were looking for a room for one night and the most of local motels were sold out. The weather was bad and it was late, so we were thankful to find anything. First of all, the price they charged was in range $$$. The bed was comfortable, but you shouldn't look to close into the corners, just don't look and you find anything so you can sleep peaceful. The breakfast was an absolute disaster. Not even sure, it was breakfast, though they had waffels and cooked eggs, so...If you have a choice, take another one in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Central Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Computer system shut down as we walked in to sign for our reserved room. Took 15 minutes by a harried staff to get things back to the point where I could register. Room was comfortable but toilet was very reluctant to flush. Having stayed at many Laquinta's in the past I'd rate this one a 5 out of 10.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Shreveport, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

Clean reasonable price place to spend the night
Updated hotel has a nice pool ...close to interstate easy off and on
Unsecure wifi but it works
It's an older hotel that has been updated
Flat screen TV movie channels basic satalite

• Stayed April 2013
Orange, Texas, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I have stayed in La Quinta Inn and Suites in many locations. I have always been pleased with this chain. However, I can not recommend this hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean. However, the overall condition of the building is very sub-standard for La Quinta. I have to rate the breakfast as the best part of the stay. The food was very good. However, the selection was very limited. I would rate this hotel very high if the building itself was not in such poor condition. I also don't particularly care for the outside access to rooms, and there is no elevator.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Weatherford, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

readingstay reading the reviews, I was not sure we'd like this particular property. In that I'm a frequent La Quinta visitor, thought we'd give it a look. Didn't appear to be crazy partying kids around, looked like workers sprucing property up, so we asked for a quiet Sr's room. We had a very good stay, enroute from TX to FL on business. These aren't the thickest or best insulated walls it seems, so ask for a quiet room if you're looking for good sleep. One of the better LaQ hosts, Zane, is at this property. Ask for him, he'll take good care of you!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Alexandria, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

The room was really small, but very clean and the beds were newer, nicer, and extremely comfortable. It was definitely worth the $55 from that end. The downsides?? It was a relief to find a clean room. The lobby was really dirty, and I'm not a neat freak by any stretch, but I had a creepy feeling from the get go. The guy working was literally yelling at a guy on the phone when I walked in and he proceeded to slam the phone down four times in succession so I didn't get the warm and fuzzies. It seems to be a hotspot for college age kids that want to party and crash cheaply for the night. I typically run the AC nonstop to drown out outside noise at any hotel I stay at, but this wasn't an option with the type of unit they had. As luck would have it, a girl decided to curse her friend's boyfriend out on the balcony at 3 am so I had to get up and ask her politely to keep it down and she was nice enough to do so. I can't comment on the breakfast except that I tried 3 separate times to try it, but it was cramped into what I can only describe as an apartment size kitchen area and the other people at the hotel never would get out of there to let others in. I think the waffle machine was broken, or they were waiting their full 3 minutes so no one else would get their waffles. Only "hot" item I saw was boiled eggs and of course the waffles. It wouldn't have been so aggravating had I not kept making an effort to grab some breakfast, but again, as with the lobby, it just seemed dirty in there. If you can get past your surroundings, the room itself is clean, but expect noise on the weekends.

Room Tip: Its motel style so expect noise.. rooms in the corner of the balconies are where the smokers congreg...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn Lafayette North? Share your experiences!