“Business On The Bayou” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 49 Hotels in Lafayette
Orange, Texas, USA
“Business On The Bayou”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I have stayed in La Quinta Inn and Suites in many locations. I have always been pleased with this chain. However, I can not recommend this hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean. However, the overall condition of the building is very sub-standard for La Quinta. I have to rate the breakfast as the best part of the stay. The food was very good. However, the selection was very limited. I would rate this hotel very high if the building itself was not in such poor condition. I also don't particularly care for the outside access to rooms, and there is no elevator.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars

Weatherford, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

readingstay reading the reviews, I was not sure we'd like this particular property. In that I'm a frequent La Quinta visitor, thought we'd give it a look. Didn't appear to be crazy partying kids around, looked like workers sprucing property up, so we asked for a quiet Sr's room. We had a very good stay, enroute from TX to FL on business. These aren't the thickest or best insulated walls it seems, so ask for a quiet room if you're looking for good sleep. One of the better LaQ hosts, Zane, is at this property. Ask for him, he'll take good care of you!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Alexandria, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

The room was really small, but very clean and the beds were newer, nicer, and extremely comfortable. It was definitely worth the $55 from that end. The downsides?? It was a relief to find a clean room. The lobby was really dirty, and I'm not a neat freak by any stretch, but I had a creepy feeling from the get go. The guy working was literally yelling at a guy on the phone when I walked in and he proceeded to slam the phone down four times in succession so I didn't get the warm and fuzzies. It seems to be a hotspot for college age kids that want to party and crash cheaply for the night. I typically run the AC nonstop to drown out outside noise at any hotel I stay at, but this wasn't an option with the type of unit they had. As luck would have it, a girl decided to curse her friend's boyfriend out on the balcony at 3 am so I had to get up and ask her politely to keep it down and she was nice enough to do so. I can't comment on the breakfast except that I tried 3 separate times to try it, but it was cramped into what I can only describe as an apartment size kitchen area and the other people at the hotel never would get out of there to let others in. I think the waffle machine was broken, or they were waiting their full 3 minutes so no one else would get their waffles. Only "hot" item I saw was boiled eggs and of course the waffles. It wouldn't have been so aggravating had I not kept making an effort to grab some breakfast, but again, as with the lobby, it just seemed dirty in there. If you can get past your surroundings, the room itself is clean, but expect noise on the weekends.

Room Tip: Its motel style so expect noise.. rooms in the corner of the balconies are where the smokers congreg...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Nicely refurnished motel, from cheerful contemporary colors & comforters, to photographs of agaves for the artwork - cudos to the La Quinta design team. The breakfast included bananas, apples, yogurt (lite & reg), instant hot (without the sugar, hurray) & cold cereal, bagels, cream cheese, hard boiled eggs, & d-i-y waffle mix. Our room was in the back & very quiet. Just 2 min.s up the street from the Lafayette Visitor Center. All in all good value for the money.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Navarre, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

The first time I stayed here I was quite pleased with the value for my money. The room now was not clean enough for me and I have modest standards. The room was over-priced. What is going for the place is location and staff.

Toilet wabbled when sat upon, tub needs resurfacing and removal of those nasty sticky things. Hated to bathe the child in tub so tried to sterilize it first with hot water.

Room Tip: If you can get the room for under $50 take it but I will be trying another hotel nearby to see if I...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Buda, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

The good points: we purchased this room online at a fantastic price using Travelocity’s “Secret Hotel” feature ($38 a night before taxes!). The staff was friendly and the location near I-10 was easily accessible and perfect for our traveling purposes. The HD satellite television system was exceptional with a really ingenious screen saver that played ocean beach video and sound effects. We actually left the TV’s screen saver on at night and slept very peacefully listening to the roar of the virtual digital ocean. The room had a microwave oven and a mini-refrigerator. The free wireless internet connection worked very well.

----------

The not-so-good points: the bathroom was filthy by anyone’s definition. The sheets and towels were close to being almost threadbare in our opinion. We thought the entire room was in great need of dusting and general cleaning. The interior of the microwave oven was obviously dirty and splattered with someone’s previous meal.

The worst thing we found in our room was the bathtub’s shower mat: it was encrusted on top and bottom with a mix of soap scum, mold, and general nastiness. The shower mat was so filthy, it was honestly impossible to completely peel it away from the bathtub’s surface – please see the attached photo. There was a pile of debris (maybe dead insects?) accumulated in the floor corner near the bathtub. My wife was afraid to take a shower out of fear of possible fungal foot infection, or worse, and I did not blame her for skipping her nightly shower.

The nearest ice machine to our room was broke. The next nearest ice machine had an alarmingly unsanitary appearance.

(I am attaching photos of the bathroom, bathtub, and the ice machine.)

----------

Despite the few good points, we cannot tolerate filthy housekeeping and will not return. It was sad to see the once prestigious La Quinta high standard of quality sink to this level.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Lafayette hotels

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We stayed at this La Quinta during our grand children's spring break and found it to be very reasonably priced, clean and considering how large of a hotel it is very quiet. The breakfast was good: waffles, cereals, juices, fruit, boiled eggs, muffins and bagels/toast. The staff was friendly and courteous - check in and check out was a breeze - everything we'd requested was correct.
Will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: They have a lot of workers (construction type) who stay there and are very considerate as to putting...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family