“Super value” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 48 Hotels in Lafayette
Navarre, Florida
“Super value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

I give an excellent rating if I get a great value. This is a great value. I got a two bedroom, 3 double-bed, room for seven including breakfast, taxes, fees for $74. The room was generally clean. The carpet did make our socks black but it didn't look dirty. The hotel smells fine, the sheets and bedding was clean and in good repair. The bath fixtures all worked fine but were somewhat older. The sleep quality of the bed was superior. The second bedroom had room for our porta-crib. The a/c worked great.
Breakfast was excellent...waffles, boiled eggs, yogurt, bagels, bisquits, cereals, juice, milk, coffee and more...and there was always enough in stock for all the diners.
Breakfast hours 6am-10am.
Nice small (3-6ft deep) pool,open until 10pm.
Plenty of parking.
Coffee pot with coffee, microwave, medium sized refrigerator in room
Free high speed internet worked very well.

Staff is excellent. Very sweet ladies. No busy bodies or gestapo.
Location is perfect for travelers...at the intersection of I-10 and I-49 (south of I-10).
I will stay again when I travel through here.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Walker, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2011

We would have passed on this property if not for reviews by other travelers. We found the nightly rates very attractive and are not sorry we stayed at this hotel. It is an older property that shows signs of age, but also signs that management works to keep up the maintenance and otherwise spruce the place up. Our room was clean withthe exception of one bad spot on the carpet as you enter. The bath room was very clean and everything worked well. Our room was toward the rear of the property, but you could still hear highway traffic noises somewhat. Our room was on the second floor (our choice) with no elevator. Entrances are all exterior and the sound of early exiting guests pulling their luggage on wheels along the concrete walkway outside your room could be troublesome for late risers.

Overall we enjoyed our stay and would return if we are in the area again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
South TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

We have stayed here a couple of times on long road trips from the Smoky Mountains. Since we are just looking for some sleep, and leaving early the next morning, it fits our needs. It is safe, clean, the staff is cordial, and prices are really good. I have never noticed thin towels, as one poster noted. Neither, though are they really plush, but are average density and fine. This hotel is also very near to the freeway, which is a plus.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Springhill, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

This was a repeat trip for me. The staff is friendly and prompt. The room was clean and decorated nicely. Let's face it, this isn't a 5-star hotel, but for the price, this is a great place to stay. My experience from years past is that this chain is trying to improve its image and it's doing a good job by updating the room decor. The beds were very comfortable. The Bright Side breakfast is a tad better than the normal continental breakfast in that there is some protein in the form of boiled eggs. If that isn't enough, there is a Shoney's in the same block. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2010

From the affordability of the room to the convenient location at I-10 and I-49 this facility has what you need.

Add the helpful, friendly staff (particularly late in the day) and you have the ideal place to stay for a day or two.

I know I'll be back.

• Stayed December 2010
Natchitoches, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2010

I was very pleased with everything. It was late when we drove in and my family was not sure. The place looked a little run down from the road. However when we got up to the hotel it seemed nice. The staff was very nice and there was a security guard in the parking lot. Our rooms were very clean and there was a refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker in the room. We got a great nights sleep and stopped in for the free breakfast as we were checking out. They had muffins, cereal, toast, fruit, bagels, hot waffles, coffee, juice, and milk. There was something for everyone. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a nice, clean affordable room!!!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2010

Wanted to try LaQuinta. This was first and probably last time I will stay at LaQuinta. Room was very sparse and had a bad odor. Had a table to work on but no chair. Towels were so thin you could almost see through them. Complimentary breakfast was a joke. Next night we stayed at a Hampton Inn for $11 more and a much greater value.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Salomon_Mena, Manager at La Quinta Inn Lafayette North, responded to this review, November 8, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Lafayette North La Quinta.
I am sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Your satisfaction and continued trust in La Quinta Inn are our top priorities. We look forward to showing you that we are working hard to make sure each visit meets your expectations and our high standards.

Salomon Mena