“Awful” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Lafayette

You added Super 8 Lafayette to your Saves list
Super 8 Lafayette
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2224 North-East Evangeline Thruway, Lafayette, LA 70507   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #31 of 47 Hotels in Lafayette
San Antonio, Texas
“Awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2006

This place was awful! There was, as previously mentioned, signs all along the road advertising a lower rate than any room available. I had been on the road a long time and could not drive another foot, so I stopped here. I had stayed a Super 8 in Columbus Ga a few days before and found the stay pleasant, and thought I would encounter the same level of service and cleanliness. The lobby was small and cramped. It had 1970's decor but wasn't dirty. The manager explained the 39.88 rooms were all gone. He told me that if I paid cash he could give me a room for 43.+ tax. I agreed and took my money out, at this moment two drunk smelly men came up to the desk and stood very close to me (a single woman). I was scared as the manager took my money and handed me a key, I took off for the elevator. I slept with my clothes on, on top of the bedspread, because of the filth in the room. In the bathroom the sink, commode, and tub appeared clean. But when I closed the bathroom door, there were piles of hair, nail clippings, dust, string even denatl floss!!! I plugged my phone charger into the outlet next to the bed and found more nail clippings and dried up french fries and food wrappers. The bed spread had a couple burn holes. Once in my room I was too scared to return to the lobby. That was not the end of the food. But I will say the mattress was comfortable, and the TV worked.

A few weeks later I received an e-mail from the main Super8 company asking me to survey my stay. I explained all this and enclosed photos of the filth. Then I received an invitation to return to this same hotel and I would receive a discount on my rates. NO WAY.

• Stayed February 2006
Super8laf, General Manager at Super 8 Lafayette, responded to this review, March 11, 2011
The hotel is now under new ownership and managment. The property has been renovated as of 2008/2009. You will be glad to hear that becasue of changes we have made , the cliental has also changed. The cleaning of the rooms issue has also been addressed.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2006

When we arrived we thought it didn't smell clean, not bad, just not fresh and clean.
We went to supper then came bace and were relaxing when a movement caught my eye, I looked and a big fat cockroach was climing up the wall. Yikessss! We grabbed a shoe and killed it...I was still feeling yucky about that when I saw a little bug of some sort on the bed! I killed it and blood went every where!
After killing 8 more of these little bugs, all on the beds! I called the front desk and explained what was happening. He said, " Uhhh...I will call you right back" I sat up till 2:00am waiting for that call...we just decided to leave the light on to discourage any more from coming out...we tried to sleep...we slept fitfully for about 3 hours.
When we got up I killed 2 more climbing onto our bed. I have a huge bite of some kind on my lower leg!
I went to the front desk after dressing and asked her if the fellow from the night watch had left her any message about my call the night before. She said no...and that her manager wasn't there until next week (I didn't ask for the manager) and she offered me $10.00 for my inconvenience.
I really wouldn't advise anyone to stay in this hotel!

The hotel is now under new ownership and managment. The property has been renovated as of 2008/2009. You would be glad to know that we have a monthly contract with Orkin to come and take care of the property to ensure this kind of this does not happen.
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2006

I agree with the above reviewers. I've stayed in Super8s around the USA and they've all been good - but I wouldn't recommend this one to anybody. We were supposed to stay for 2 nights but left after 1 and went to stay at the Econolodge over the road.

Our room looked ok, but:
- toilet didn't flush properly.
- we had to keep our shoes on, because the carpet was sticky underfoot.
- tv remote didn't work.
- fridge didn't work, so the food we left in there overnight spoiled.
- smelly corridors and lift.

This highway is stuffed with hotels, so I don't know why anybody would choose this one. Don't go there!

• Stayed April 2006
Gulf Shores AL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2006

Signs on the highway advertise $35.88 and up - arrived at 3pm - all the $35 rooms were gone (if there were any) --best they could do was $45.88 (AARP).

Stayed March 2006
Super8laf, Manager at Super 8 Lafayette, responded to this review, April 15, 2010
The property has been renavated, and is under new managment and owner.
Jonesboro, AR
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2006

AVOID THIS MOTEL. The Arkansas State University band stayed here for a few days when we traveled to the New Orleans Bowl (held in Lafayette this time). The minute we walked into the place, we noticed a terrible smell that was a mix of smoke, urine, vomit...that's the only way I know to describe it. It only got worse when we went to our rooms. In my room, there was mold everywhere, and we found a pubic hair in the shower, indicating to me it had not been cleaned. Towels were small and they only gave 3 per room for the whole time we were there, even though there were 4 people per room.

In addition, when we went to take showers in the morning...no hot water.

Staff wasn't very helpful at all.

I've stayed in many Super 8's on my travels and have always had pleasant experiences. THis one was a huge disapointment. I really recommend finding somewhere else.

• Stayed December 2005
The property has been renavated, and is under new managment.

Been to Super 8 Lafayette? Share your experiences!