“NASTY!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Lafayette

You added Super 8 Lafayette to your Saves list
Super 8 Lafayette
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2224 North-East Evangeline Thruway, Lafayette, LA 70507   |
Ranked #25 of 45 Hotels in Lafayette
Arkansas
“NASTY!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

I read the reviews and almost didn't book this hotel, and now I wished I wouldn't have. All I can say about it is, NASTY, NASTY, NASTY!!!!! The hotel had a horrible smell as soon as you walked in. I had to change rooms because we needed 2 beds instead of 1 at the last minute, and the desk clerk kept saying all I have is the third floor and she kept saying it apologetically, making me leery. I am not sure if the first and second floor rooms are any better, but the third floor was awful! The room smelled worse than the hotel, and it was a non-smoking room. Everything in the room was damp. You could tell they had tried to remodel the bathroom, but it was still old and bad. The only thing good I can say about this hotel is that the bed was very comfortable.

Room Tip: Maybe the first and second floor is better.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

after reading the reviews on here i was really a lil worried but not too worried to not book a room. I made the reservation over a month ago and called the day before i left and made sure they had it. THEY DID. We were hot and exhausted from driving from DFW (Texas) to Baton Rouge and then back to Lafayette and walked into a very clean lobby with a very polite person at the desk. They found the reservation pretty quickly and gave us our keys to #118. We opened the door and it smelled very very good for a smoking room and everything was very very clean. i checked everything the second i got there.. under the bed, the drawers, the bath tub, the floors.. everything was spotless.. even the nooks and crannies of the blow dryer were extremely clean. We had no issue whatsoever. No loud people, no rudeness, absoluetly no complaints. The best part? the a/c was already on when we entered our room so it was a pleasent relief from the humidity. The only thing that sucked was the pool was closed but then again there were thunderstorms on the way so i don't really blame them. I love this motel and would recommend it to everyone i know. As a matter of fact, we are booking another room for August as soon as i finish writing this review!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Super8laf, General Manager at Super 8 Lafayette, responded to this review, August 9, 2011
Thank you so much for your kind words. We look forward to seeing you in August. Hopefully you will be able to enjoy the swimming pool on your next visit.
Lafayette, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

Walls are paper-thin. Constant churning and hum of Ice machine kept me up all night long. But the worst thing was having a non-smoking room, then getting into bed and smelling smoke in the pillows as if the linen from smoking and non-smoking was either washed together or the pillows were used in a smoking room previously.

Internet signal was 1 bar in the back of the first floor. I received better reception connecting to an unsecured network in a home next to the hotel.

Staff was friendly and courteous and price was okay. Room was clean albeit musty. If I have to stay here again (business), I will get a room close to the front or upstairs.

Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Corpus Christi, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2010

The hotel had extremely noisy, squeaky air conditioner. Also, one major TV channel made high pitched noise.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Super8laf, General Manager at Super 8 Lafayette, responded to this review, March 11, 2011
I'm sorry to hear that your stay was not as expected. I do understand how high pitch nosies can be a problem, when trying to relax. You will be glad to know that we have been over hauling ower AC units, to stop such noise. Also HBO channels have been suspended till further notice because of the problem.
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2006

This place was awful! There was, as previously mentioned, signs all along the road advertising a lower rate than any room available. I had been on the road a long time and could not drive another foot, so I stopped here. I had stayed a Super 8 in Columbus Ga a few days before and found the stay pleasant, and thought I would encounter the same level of service and cleanliness. The lobby was small and cramped. It had 1970's decor but wasn't dirty. The manager explained the 39.88 rooms were all gone. He told me that if I paid cash he could give me a room for 43.+ tax. I agreed and took my money out, at this moment two drunk smelly men came up to the desk and stood very close to me (a single woman). I was scared as the manager took my money and handed me a key, I took off for the elevator. I slept with my clothes on, on top of the bedspread, because of the filth in the room. In the bathroom the sink, commode, and tub appeared clean. But when I closed the bathroom door, there were piles of hair, nail clippings, dust, string even denatl floss!!! I plugged my phone charger into the outlet next to the bed and found more nail clippings and dried up french fries and food wrappers. The bed spread had a couple burn holes. Once in my room I was too scared to return to the lobby. That was not the end of the food. But I will say the mattress was comfortable, and the TV worked.

A few weeks later I received an e-mail from the main Super8 company asking me to survey my stay. I explained all this and enclosed photos of the filth. Then I received an invitation to return to this same hotel and I would receive a discount on my rates. NO WAY.

• Stayed February 2006
The hotel is now under new ownership and managment. The property has been renovated as of 2008/2009. You will be glad to hear that becasue of changes we have made , the cliental has also changed. The cleaning of the rooms issue has also been addressed.
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2006

When we arrived we thought it didn't smell clean, not bad, just not fresh and clean.
We went to supper then came bace and were relaxing when a movement caught my eye, I looked and a big fat cockroach was climing up the wall. Yikessss! We grabbed a shoe and killed it...I was still feeling yucky about that when I saw a little bug of some sort on the bed! I killed it and blood went every where!
After killing 8 more of these little bugs, all on the beds! I called the front desk and explained what was happening. He said, " Uhhh...I will call you right back" I sat up till 2:00am waiting for that call...we just decided to leave the light on to discourage any more from coming out...we tried to sleep...we slept fitfully for about 3 hours.
When we got up I killed 2 more climbing onto our bed. I have a huge bite of some kind on my lower leg!
I went to the front desk after dressing and asked her if the fellow from the night watch had left her any message about my call the night before. She said no...and that her manager wasn't there until next week (I didn't ask for the manager) and she offered me $10.00 for my inconvenience.
I really wouldn't advise anyone to stay in this hotel!

The hotel is now under new ownership and managment. The property has been renovated as of 2008/2009. You would be glad to know that we have a monthly contract with Orkin to come and take care of the property to ensure this kind of this does not happen.
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2006

I agree with the above reviewers. I've stayed in Super8s around the USA and they've all been good - but I wouldn't recommend this one to anybody. We were supposed to stay for 2 nights but left after 1 and went to stay at the Econolodge over the road.

Our room looked ok, but:
- toilet didn't flush properly.
- we had to keep our shoes on, because the carpet was sticky underfoot.
- tv remote didn't work.
- fridge didn't work, so the food we left in there overnight spoiled.
- smelly corridors and lift.

This highway is stuffed with hotels, so I don't know why anybody would choose this one. Don't go there!

• Stayed April 2006

Been to Super 8 Lafayette? Share your experiences!