“Best Service!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 45 Hotels in Lafayette
Shreveport, Louisiana
“Best Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Stayed here many times. Rooms are always nice, clean, cool, and quiet. Staff is friendly, especially the restaurant manager. She took care of us, and the food was excellent! You should try their desserts via the restaurant or room service. I recommend the cookies. For breakfast, I suggest the breakfast burrito. Very delicious! We visited the food and beverage director to pass along our compliments for the exemplary service and savory menu items. Our stay was very comfortable. Looking forward to staying at the Hilton for future visits to Lafayette!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
jthackston, General Manager at Hilton Lafayette, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review of your recent stay at the Hilton Lafayette. I enjoyed reading your comments in regards to our new Restaurant Manager. She has been an outstanding addition to our team. I also appreciate your recommendations for menu items that you enjoyed, these are also some of my favorites. I would also like to thank you for your continued loyalty, and we look forward to your return visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
San Andres Island, Colombia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

I should have known from the condition of the parking lot, front doors and the "I" being out on the Hilton sign that this hotel would be bad. I just could not bring myself to believe anything with the HILTON name could be so bad. I stay in Hilton brand Hotels allot, in fact two in the past week. I am so shocked by this one, I am thinking I may need to loose the money I paid and move to another hotel. I booked this room on Hotwire, which was the fist time I ever used such a site. Imagine how happy I was to win the the bid for a room at Hilton for a great price. After less than 24 hours this the list of what I have seen:

1. Parking lot, sign and front doors in horrible condition
2. Graffiti in the elevator
3. Holes in walls and doors of room
4. Stains on walls in room
5. MOLD ON CEILING OF ROOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
6. Desk chair looks like it came from a yard sale. ITS BAD.

I have been in hotels in very bad areas of the middle east, this one looks worse.

The only thing good I have to say is about the staff. They were helpful when I checked in.

Photos and more to follow!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
jthackston, General Manager at Hilton Lafayette, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Please accept my sincere apologies for the disappointing conditions of your recent stay. Many of the items mentioned in your comments will be addressed in our upcoming renovations. I have recently participated in the bid process with vendors in regards to automatic doors, parking lot reseal and building signage. Just yesterday, we received 30 new desk chairs in advance of these renovations due to the condition of these units. I have shared your comments with members of our team and assure you appropriate steps have been made to correct the other issues you encountered. On Tuesday, along with the Director of Housekeeping, I inspected this room for myself. I have left you a voice mail regarding that inspection and look forward to a face to face discussion while you are still a guest.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights, but didn't get much of a chance to check the hotel out. Hotel could do with a face lift .

"sports" bar downstairs quite dark inside, it was fine for me but would not suit most ladies,

it is not likely that i will be back in Lafayette , but if I do i won't have ny issues staying here agan.

price was fair.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
jthackston, General Manager at Hilton Lafayette, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Thank you for your review. The face lift that you mention is coming soon. The biggest area of impact will be that same "sports bar". I hope that you will be able to return to Lafayette and as soon as this summer, you will have a completely different experience in that same space.
Minden, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

This is the second time I have attended a conference at this hotel. Food was excellent; the service was good and the rooms were clean. The Staff was efficient. I would use this hotel again if I needed to stay in Lafayette. Directions were very easy to follow to get to hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review of your recent stay at the Hilton Lafayette. I enjoyed reading about your experience and appreciate the kind words regarding our staff service, clean rooms and "excellent" food. We certainly appreciate the loyalty of this conference and look forward to hosting in future years.
Nashville, TN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Walk through the "beautiful" golden brass doors and enter a time warp back into the 1980's. While this is technically a Hilton, it's certainly doesn't look or feel like it. In their defense, the rooms have been updated and they at least have flat screen TV's. However the entire hotel is just old. The elevators are so slow that I was convinced there was a group of people pulling on ropes to lift us up. With 16 floors, the elevator rides seem like they'll never end. We checked out one of the hotel restaurants and the strange time warp continued. The dance floor was packed surprisingly but the piano singer resembled a cheesy wedding band. It was odd. The staff as always at a Hilton was very pleasant so I will give them that.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I certainly appreciate the kind words regarding our "pleasant staff" and guestroom updates. I am sorry that you felt our lobby decor was outdated. I have had several discussions with our owners about removing the dark wood that fills our lobby and Ballroom levels. At this time a decision has not been made if that will take place in our upcoming renovations. It looks like you visited our lounge on a Wednesday night. That piano player has been packing in the locals for over 20 years. I am sorry that you did not enjoy his style of entertaining.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

The continued excellence of Kevin Bourgeois and his staff make my trips to Lafayette worth the trouble. I have to make the haul from Houston to Lafayette every 6 weeks. And knowing that my belongings will be safe in the room and the staff is super friendly, makes my job in that town very easy

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

jthackston, General Manager at Hilton Lafayette, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Thank you for this wonderful review. I look forward to sharing this with Kevin and his entire team. Kevin has been an extremely valuable asset to our hotel for almost 20 years. His personal attention to so many regular guests is a major reason for our long term success. We are very fortunate to have a leader like him on our team.
San Antonio, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Driving to New Orleans we became tired and decided to find accommodations for the night.
Since we are a Hilton Rewards Member our GPS took us to this hotel.
Our reception was excellent and very accommodating. We checked in for the night and then we were told we would be on the concierge 15th floor. We were met by Brian and he offered us horsd'oevzres and drinks. It was much appreciated after our long drive, we enjoyed a good nights sleep and again were offered breakfast which was fantastic. If we get through Lafayette again it will be our stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review of your recent stay at the Hilton Lafayette. We appreciate your loyalty to the Hilton Family of Brands. It was great to read about your reception and your experience with Brian and the Executive Lounge. I hope the remainder of your travels were excellent and that you will be returning to Lafayette in the near future.

Been to Hilton Lafayette? Share your experiences!